Windows 10: W10 updated Unable to log in now.

Discus and support W10 updated Unable to log in now. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, my Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop received the newest Windows update last week, and now I cannot log in. The machine boots and goes to the start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by PeterA, Jan 21, 2017.

1. PeterA Win User

W10 updated Unable to log in now.

Hello, my Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop received the newest Windows update last week, and now I cannot log in. The machine boots and goes to the start screen, but when I try to click on the start or login, all the items on the desktop scroll to the top of the screen and disappear. This happens with most keyboard keys that I press. When the login disappears, I can press a key and the login again appears. Everytime I try this, the same thing happens. I cannot even get to safe mode. Help Please *Shock

:)

PeterA, Jan 21, 2017

2. Unable to log in to W10 laptop

Hi Ray,

I suggest you to press the tab key in the keyboard and then to the Ease of access and then select the on screen keyboard. After selecting the on screen keyboard I suggest you to type the password and then boot to the desktop. I would then suggest you to
    check the mouse in different USB slots and then follow the below steps.

Un-installing and Installing Driver.

• Type“Device Manager” on the search bar and then Enter.
      • Open Device Manager, expand “Human Interface Devices”.
      • Find and double-click the driver from the left panel to uninstall.
      • Right-click the device, and click Uninstall.
      • Windows will prompt you to confirm the device’s removal. Click OK to remove the driver.
      • After you have successfully uninstalled the driver, please go to the computer manufacturer’s website, download the Windows 10 driver for your computer and check.

Repeat the same steps from above but in 2nd step select the Mice and other pointing devices to reinstall the mouse drivers.

Hope this helps in login of the account and the mouse and touchpad drivers. Please let us know if you are facing any issues regarding this we will be glad to help you.

Anup Karkal, Jan 21, 2017
  3. Unable to log in to W10 laptop

Hello Anup, thank you for the responce. I had tried to use the TAB but it didn't seem to do aything. I also used a different mouse and other USB slots but none of this worked.

I seem to have fixed the problemby going into the BIOS and altering the Touchpad settings. After I had done that we were able to use both the Mouse and the Touchpad to place the cursor in the password box.

Thanks again, regards Ray Cooper

Ray Cooper Spen Valley, Jan 21, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Do you have system restore enabled, and do you have a Win 10 boot disk? (ISO easily obtainable- see Tutorial section)

If so you could boot from an external medium, and run system restore.

Otherwise, I think I've read it is possible - but I've never done it- to remove an update offline (having booted from an external medium). If so, it would be better for someone who has done that to help you - that's a more advanced procedure.

dalchina, Jan 21, 2017
  5. PeterA Win User
    I was finally able to do power on and power off a few times, which allowed me to get to advanced aettings, etc. I chose the option to restore. So far so good! *Smile

PeterA, Jan 21, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    Ok, now here's how most of us protect ourselves from disaster: disk imaging.

Creating disk images lets you restore Windows and all your disks and partitions to a previous working state, quickly and probably without technical help.

You can recover from:
    - a failed disk drive (restore to a new one)
    - ransomware (which encrypts your disk)
    - user error
    - unrecoverable problems from failed updates to problem programs
    - unbootable PC (hardware faults aside)

Images also act as a full backup- you can extract files too.

You can even use images to help you move more easily and quickly to a new PC.
    Can be used with Laplink software to transfer your build automatically to another PC

Imaging can even help you sleep at night knowing you have a second chance.

Many here recommend Macrium Reflect (free) as a good robust solution and more reliable than some others. It’s
    - more feature rich
    - more flexible
    - more reliable
    than Windows Backup and Restore system images.

It's well supported with videos, help and a responsive forum.

There are other such programs, free/commercial, some with simpler interfaces, but Macrium R is one of the most robust and reliable.

How long does it take?
    SSD+ USB3 - maybe 15 mins for the first system image, less thereafter
    HDD + USB2 - maybe 40-50 mins
    That’s with little personal data, few programs installed.
    - of course, depends how much you have on C:
    (You can and should image all your partitions and disks)

Once you've created your first image, keep it updated with e.g. differential imaging- which images just changes from the first image, more quickly, and creates a smaller image file.

You need a backup medium - say- twice as large as the total amount of data you are imaging to keep a reasonable number of differential images. This will vary dependent on the number of images you keep, so is only a rough practical guide.

Some comment that system restore isn't always reliable; if it works and solves the problem, great. But sometimes restores won't work or fail. And of course a restore point only covers a limited number of aspects of the system. That’s where disk imaging comes in.

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. W10 updated Unable to log in now. - Similar Threads - W10 updated Unable

2. Unable to log in after windows update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to log in after windows update: Hi,I updated my computer and am now unable to sign in after I have updated. During the log in screen, the computer gives me the option to click "sign in". Once I do, it goes to "just a moment" for twenty or thirty seconds, and then the words "sign in" appears again and...
  3. Unable to log in since update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to log in since update: My laptop completed a update and on starting now when i get to the login screen i get the message your pin is no longer available due to a change in the security settings on this device. When i then try to log in by password it tells me it is incorrect. Does anyone know how...
  4. Updates and now logged out

Updates and now logged out: I installed Feature update to Windows 10, version 2004 the other day. Since then, every time I come onto my laptop, my OneDrive account, Outlook account and even Google Chrome are all logged out and I need to log back into all these accounts again everytime I come on the...
  5. Unable to update to w10, v2004

Unable to update to w10, v2004: have tried to update to windows 10 v2004 and have not been successful. It may have to do with my NVIDIA software. I am running GeForce GT 220. I have been able to update to NVIDIA 341.74-desktop-win10-64bit-international. Microsoft states there is a problem with NVIDIA under...
  6. Windows update now can't log in

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows update now can't log in: My HP laptop Windows updated and now I can't sign in to Windows. I have two other computers I have used the password for my microsoft account?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-now-cant-log-in/8ab06b47-b5e6-4fb4-80d4-00a1e81a6dfe"
  7. Win update now cannot log in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win update now cannot log in: After an update I can no longer log into windows. The screen starts out clear, then when I try to log in ( hit enter) the screen blurs and no log in box appears and nothing else happens. I have restarted several times and still the same issue. I can get to safe mode and I...
  8. Unable to activate W10

Unable to activate W10: So, after power failure the box does not come up. After some checking it seems that motherboard is shot and the boot SSD disk is empty(!). Bought new motherboard and M.2 disk and installed win 10 pro. I enter my old product key but get error 0x803fa067 ("We can't activate...
  9. Cannot log in W10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot log in W10: Hi everybody Sorry for my grammar :P I have a BIG problem and i really need help. Yesterday i updated to W10 from W7. Everything was fine yesterday. (I dont turn the pc off in night) Today i was playing cs:go and everything lagged. I let it be. 10 mins later pc turned...
  10. W10 unable to update - Samsung - PrecisionTouchpad on Dell

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    W10 unable to update - Samsung - PrecisionTouchpad on Dell: Hello! So, W10 hit me with an alert that it was unable to update automatically, and that i have to continue manually. There are two updates waiting for (manual) intallation: 1 - Samsung - PrecisionTouchpad - Samsung PTP Component Device. 2 - Intel(R) Corporation - Audio...