Windows 10: W10 USB Boot Media stuck on black screen blue squares logo

Discus and support W10 USB Boot Media stuck on black screen blue squares logo in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have an older machine that originally ran XP. The original hard drive was removed awhile ago, and I am attempting to resurrect it with a 320 GB HDD.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HelpMePlz2016, May 25, 2016.

1. W10 USB Boot Media stuck on black screen blue squares logo

I have an older machine that originally ran XP. The original hard drive was removed awhile ago, and I am attempting to resurrect it with a 320 GB HDD. I want to install Win10 fresh on it with the boot media, but it doesn't work, no matter what I do. Every time it boots it takes me to the black screen with the blue square logo, but then freezes. No loading circle below it, and it just sits there. I tried both x64 and x32 installs, disabled the graphics card and used the mobo for graphics output, and nothing changes it. How do I go about fixing this?

Link to product info: HP Pavilion Media Center a1510n Desktop PC Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support
    Detail on MOBO that is in the computer: HP and Compaq Desktop PCs - Motherboard Specifications, A8N-LA (Nagami2) | HP® Customer Support

:)

HelpMePlz2016, May 25, 2016

2. Windows 10 isn't starting

Hi!

I tried several times using different methods to update my windows 7 to 10. Tried using the Media Creation Tool for update, creating media in a USBdrive and updating through windows update. Every time everything installs but when my PC restarts, it got stuck
    under a black screen with a windows blue logo. Then I turn off my PC and star again, it goes back to Win7 with the error 0xC1900101 - 0x20017 and says something like there was an error in SAFE_OS during BOOT

I also tried do a clean install using a USB flashdrive and it didn't even start. It got stuck in the same black and blue logo screen.

Thanks in advance

Felipe Aguayo, May 25, 2016
  3. windows 10 Recovery Drive on USB stick - boot hangs on first windows screen

My Windows 10 Pro, 32-bit system is running fine.

I have created a Recovery Drive on an 8GB USB stick. However, when I try to boot from the USB stick, the boot process starts and then hangs at the first Windows screen (Blue 4-square logo on black background). There is no progress to the 'circle of white
    dots' that I would expect next. I have tried reformatting the USB stick to Fat32 and NTFS, in both cases the Recovery Drive setup onto the USB stick appears to work properly. Any ideas?

greenalien, May 25, 2016
  4. W10 USB Boot Media stuck on black screen blue squares logo

Slartybart, May 25, 2016
  5. So what can I do to fix this? Will a different processor, same socket type work? What does PAE, SSE2 and NX mean? Thanks.

*edit* Also, the processor is the Athlon 64 (V) 3800+ 2.4 GHz, not the X2 version.

I looked at CPUWorld and it looks as if that processor does have those capabilities:

http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/K8/AMD-Athlon 64 3800+ - ADA3800IAA4CN (ADA3800CNBOX).html

The highest end CPU the 939 socket can handle, the AMD Athlon FX FX-60 has the same basic abilities, or so it appears to me: http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/K8/AMD-Athlon 64 FX-60 - ADAFX60DAA6CD (ADAFX60CDBOX).html

How do I determine if these are working on my CPU or not?

HelpMePlz2016, May 25, 2016
  6. Slartybart, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

W10 USB Boot Media stuck on black screen blue squares logo

1. W10 USB Boot Media stuck on black screen blue squares logo - Similar Threads - W10 USB Boot

2. Windows 11 Not Booting - Stuck on Windows Logo or Black Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Not Booting - Stuck on Windows Logo or Black Screen: I have been experiencing issues tonight with my Windows 11 operating system.Earlier today I had experienced an issue trying to open the Microsoft Edge browser on my system. As I thought this was a one-off issue, I thought rebooting the computer would solve the problem.When I...
  3. Windows 11 Not Booting - Stuck on Windows Logo or Black Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Not Booting - Stuck on Windows Logo or Black Screen: I have been experiencing issues tonight with my Windows 11 operating system.Earlier today I had experienced an issue trying to open the Microsoft Edge browser on my system. As I thought this was a one-off issue, I thought rebooting the computer would solve the problem.When I...
  4. Windows 10 upgrade boots to Black Screen/ USB boots to Blue Screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 upgrade boots to Black Screen/ USB boots to Blue Screen: 1. Super simple PC that worked fine but needed upgrade to WIN10. Basic media PC with plex and 2 drives 2. Installed Win10 and it now boots to black screen with cursor. 3. Contacted Support and made a USB boot disk 4. If I boot into USB WIN 10, the screen goes to blue...
  5. Windows 10 upgrade boots to Black Screen/ USB boots to Blue Screen

Windows 10 upgrade boots to Black Screen/ USB boots to Blue Screen: 1. Super simple PC that worked fine but needed upgrade to WIN10. Basic media PC with plex and 2 drives 2. Installed Win10 and it now boots to black screen with cursor. 3. Contacted Support and made a USB boot disk 4. If I boot into USB WIN 10, the screen goes to blue...
  6. stuck on blue logo when booting from usb

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    stuck on blue logo when booting from usb: I tried to download windows 10 from the website it paused/failed multiple times but the sha256 checksum was okay and it wasn't corrupt so I used rufus. But when I boot from the usb I get stuck on the logo Ryzen processor , no igpu Radeon graphics The installation works...
  7. Blue windows logo with Black Screen

Blue windows logo with Black Screen: I get a Blue windows logo with Black Screen right after I turn on my pc. Sometimes the dots on the screen will freeze and Ill have to restart. After two reboots then my pc will go into windows. This boot takes way too long to boot please let me know how to fix this....
  8. Black screen after booting from USB Installation Media

Black screen after booting from USB Installation Media: now, my computer is pretty f*cked up, i can't boot into the system it keeps showing that "Preparing Automatic Repair" thing , safe and recovery mode don't seem to be working either. I tried booting from USB using legacy; It shows me the blue windows icon with the loading...
  9. Black screen after booting from USB Installation Media

Black screen after booting from USB Installation Media: now, my computer is pretty fucked up, i can't boot into the system ( it keeps showing that "Preparing Automatic Repair" thing ), safe and recovery mode don't seem to be working either. I tried booting from USB using legacy; It shows me the blue windows icon with the loading...
  10. Black screen after boot logo

Black screen after boot logo: Hi, when I turn on the laptop, I see only the manufacturer's logo with the windows loading sign and right after it, instead of the loading screen, there is a black screen or automatic repair, which after selecting any option restarts and there is still a black screen, any...