Windows 10: W10 v1511 Corrupt files?

Discus and support W10 v1511 Corrupt files? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have six machines that I've upgraded/fresh installed W10. Seems like somewhere along the W10 upgrade obstacle course 5 of the 6 systems say that the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ken429, Jan 5, 2016.

1. Ken429 Win User

W10 v1511 Corrupt files?

I have six machines that I've upgraded/fresh installed W10. Seems like somewhere along the W10 upgrade obstacle course 5 of the 6 systems say that the window files are corrupt and "SFC /SCANNOW" cannot correct the problem(s). I haven't checked the sixth system!

I then run "DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim:K:\Sources\install.wim:1 /limitaccess"
    using the W10 V1511 ISO that I downloaded from Tech Bench, Reboot and Run "SFC /SCANNOW" again This time it says it was able to fix the system files.

In each case the reason I ran "SFC /SCANNOW" was because the system was doing crazy stuff like rebooting out of sleep or refusing to shutdown or losing the mouse pointer or not being detected by Discovery etc., etc. In each case fixing the system files executing the above solved the strange behavior - at least for now!

Is it me or does the frequent W10 upgrades and fixes leave problems behind? I can't believe that I have five different systems with different hardware and each one gets corrupted system files? I used Windows on many different systems over the years and never experienced this stuff!

:)

Ken429, Jan 5, 2016
  2. Ken429 Win User

W10 v1511 restarts automatically exactly 24 hours after it was shutdown?

I have 6 systems running W10 v1511 and only one of them has this obsession to restart itself exactly 24 hours after It has been shutdown. I have tracked this behavior for at least a week. Each day it restarts exactly 24 hours after it was shutdown. The
    physical time I shut the system down does not change the 24 hour timeframe for it's unattended startup. I have another W10 v1511 (one of the six mentioned above) with almost exactly the same hardware and software and it does not have this problem.

Can someone please give me a few hints on what the heck I should be looking at to make this system stay shutdown. W10 v1511 is a relative fresh install on all the systems.

Ken429, Jan 5, 2016
  3. Teddy2016 Win User
    Windows 10 Novermber 1511 update not working with Media Creation Tool

Hi!

What do you mean by "Windows 10 Novermber (November) 1511 update not working with Media Creation Tool"??

I have both a 32 bit and 64 bit USB thumb drive with W10 Home/W10 pro - v1511 that was created with the MCT. Running on W10 pro 32 bit v1511 and a W10 home 64 bit. ISO's had nothing but trouble but did work.

As for Chrome, I have had nothing but trouble when installed. Google updater is installed with it. The updater runs in the background as a foreground process. Its like a nightmare I have over and over. I could see it clouding up the MCT download process.

Teddy2016, Jan 5, 2016
  4. AnEdge Win User

W10 v1511 Corrupt files?

AnEdge, Jan 5, 2016
  5. AnEdge Win User

the only way to find out is through the cbs log files...More then likely it is caused by bad drivers that MSFT downloaded. Usually it is the graphics driver and that one causes a lot of pain throughout the system.
    I keep the Techbench ISO in my downloads just in case I need to mount it and it has happened a few times. I went and re installed all the correct drivers that they replaced and haven't had any problems yet. Actually my system is running just as good, if not better than my win 7 setup. Win 10 when working correct and tweaked correctly is pretty awesome. But then again I've spent a lot of hours to get it just right.
    Also go into all the driver power management tabs and uncheck wake from sleep

AnEdge, Jan 5, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User

davidhk, Jan 5, 2016
  7. Ken429 Win User
    Yeah, but I did install from a USB drive and yes several of the systems were installed "Fresh" with W10 v1511. Yes, I have unchecked "Wake from Sleep" on all the Network Drivers. It seems MS likes to re-check "Wake from Sleep" after some updates?! But that' a minor issue. I've used various version of Windows literally since day one and I really like W10 but...I've never experienced so many strange happenings!

Ken429, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

W10 v1511 Corrupt files?

1. W10 v1511 Corrupt files? - Similar Threads - W10 v1511 Corrupt

2. Corrupt files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Corrupt files: How do i fix corrupt Windows files when none of the troubleshooting or command runners open as administrator. The error that im getting is Extended attributes are inconsistent also there is an update that wont install with code 0x80070643...
  3. Corrupt files !

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Corrupt files !: Although this question has been asked many times over the years it still baffles me! I run SCANNOW fairly frequently and most of the results are OK. At a guess about every third- or fourth-time corrupt files are found and "FIXED". Is this normal and nothing to worry about is...
  4. Corrupt files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Corrupt files: Hello, I have tried opening a Word Document and it caused the File Explorer to not respond. I ran an SFC scan and was told the problem were corrupt files. So, I ran a DSMI scan and it apparently fixed it. However, File Explorer still stops responding when I try opening up a...
  5. File Corrupt

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Corrupt: Hello there, I have a windows 10 machine and currently I'm getting this error message below: A corruption was found in a file system index structure. The file reference number is 0x9000000000009. The name of the file is "". The corrupted index attribute is...
  6. Corrupted files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Corrupted files: Hello Microsoft community, Henry is my Name I have a very disturbing issue, my computer started misbehaving so i decided to re-install windows 10 from version 16 to version 19, however it was after the re-installation that i realized that all my files had a new extension...
  7. Corrupted files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Corrupted files: So basically last night I updated and shut down my pc and went to bed. Woke up this morning to find out my pc won’t boot I’ve mostly tried everything it won’t let me reset my pc and even sfc scans won’t work I’m honestly concerned about my pc and was wondering if anyone had...
  8. corrupted files!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    corrupted files!: Hi! So I was playing Warzone and left my pc to go have dinner. Come back and I see the WiFi isn't working. Then also can't windows-tab out. After a bit I realise that any windows default things aren't working, eg. start button, anyhting on taskbar and trying to opening apps...
  9. Corrupt Files?

in Windows 10 Support
    Corrupt Files?: I must preface this by making it clear that I have little, if any, knowledge about this; thus, I am going to explain how I got to needing to post this and ask for assistance. It started with a remote session this morning from Corel about a PaintShop Pro plug-in problem that...
  10. Corrupt W10 Preview

in Windows 10 Support
    Corrupt W10 Preview: On the same computer I have W10 and W10 Preview on separate SSD.s , hot swapping to keep them separate. both on the same M$ Account. W10 works perfectly , but Preview is corrupt , will not open Metro tiles. Did Admin Command prompts, Scannow and Dism checkhealth and...