Windows 10: W10 Video start freeze

Discus and support W10 Video start freeze in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello. Windows 10 LTSB / AMD RYZEN 5 / NVIDIA GTX 1060 (installed latest bios, windows updates, video card drivers and k-lite code pack). When i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SmokeRom, Mar 13, 2018.

1. SmokeRom Win User

W10 Video start freeze

Hello.

Windows 10 LTSB / AMD RYZEN 5 / NVIDIA GTX 1060 (installed latest bios, windows updates, video card drivers and k-lite code pack).

When i start play video (any formats) in almost any player i get system freeze on ~1-2 seconds (even cursor freeze). Video → video-freeze

Tested in Windows Media Player, PotPlayer, MPC-HC.

BUT if i start my PC in Safe mode or play video in VLC – all works fine.

It's new PC, but second Windows 10 installed. In first windows i dont have this problem, but use the same software.

Maybe someone knows how to fix it?

:)

SmokeRom, Mar 13, 2018
  2. RFW3 Win User

Video playback freezes Windows 10

12/24/15

I have run W10 for many months w/o trouble. Videos just started freezing. Youtube will run on a new start for about 30 seconds, then sound stops, then video freezes. I cannot start a second video. Podcasts will not run. All drivers ( Dell) are updated.

I suspect a recent W10 update has caused this problem. Comment from MS ?

3. Event ID 129 - storahci resetting raidport0

Hi,

I have two PC's, one running a standard version of W10 Pro and another running W10 Pro Insider Preview. The generic freeze only occured on the W10 Pro Insider Preview PC, where restoring the Intel drivers finally fixed it.

Unfortunately, "out of nowhere" the generic freeze problem started on my standard W10 Pro PC as of september 8. It only occurs (until now) during the first 20 minutes after start-up. Re-installing the Intel drivers on this PC does NOT solve the problem.

It appears the generic freeze problem is expanding...

LargoWinkler, Mar 13, 2018
  4. SmokeRom Win User

W10 Video start freeze

For everyone who has the same problem.
    Navigate to your video player's settings and set video decodermadVR or Madshi.

SmokeRom, Mar 15, 2018
  5. Warkratos Win User
    This is a known issue with NVIDIA 391.01 and 391.05 drivers, going to be fixed on next version.
    On codec guide website, you can see that they suggests you to install 390.77 which is not bugged and that's the version I use.

391.xx versions has a lot of bugs.

W10 Video start freeze [​IMG]

Warkratos, Mar 15, 2018
  6. McSweg Win User
    Do you think that I am having overwatch issues like alt tabbing and going back to my game and having it freeze for like 10 seconds (usually its instant) and sometimes im dipping from 300 frames to 30fps out of no where.

McSweg, Mar 15, 2018
  7. zbook New Member
    1) See what happens to the freeze when the computer is in clean boot:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...oot-in-windows
    TechNet Wiki
    a) Do the freezes get better, worse, or the same?
    2) Open control panel > large or small icons > troubleshooting > on the left pane click view all > run these troubleshooters:
    a) hardware and devices
    b) video playback
    For anything that was fixed or unable to be fixed > post an image into the thread using a one drive or drop box share link.

zbook, Mar 15, 2018
  8. SmokeRom Win User

W10 Video start freeze

I am using 391.01 version of video driver.

When i had driver version 390.** – all works good.

SmokeRom, Mar 15, 2018
  9. SmokeRom Win User
    Thanx for your reply.

1) When I start PC in «Clean Boot», I get the same freezes.
    Only when i go to «Safe mode», I dont get any freezes.

2) Troubleshooter doesn't find any problems.

Now, temporary solution to stop freezes is:
    «Navigate to your video player's settings and set video decoder – madVR or Madshi.»

SmokeRom, Mar 15, 2018
  10. zbook New Member
    Run the beta version of the log collector and post a zip into this thread:
    log collector v2-beta08.zip
    (extract > open)

zbook, Mar 15, 2018
  11. SmokeRom Win User
    I update my nVidia drivers to 391.24 → and all works fine!

SmokeRom, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

W10 Video start freeze

1. W10 Video start freeze - Similar Threads - W10 Video start

2. Videos freezing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Videos freezing: Hi guys, I've downloaded some TV shows to watch on my PC, they freeze like every now and then continue playing. I've had no issues on streaming sites but only with offline shows which is strange as they don't require WiFi. I'd appreciate it if anyone could help me, thank...
  3. Video freezing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Video freezing: When I watch a video, sometimes it just randomly freezes for a couple frames but the audio keeps playing and then the video catches up with the audio. How do I fix this? submitted by /u/mooshy_loo [link] [comments]...
  4. video card driver W10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    video card driver W10: how to obtain driver in W10 for saphire radeon HD4350 card in PC with AMD A8 processor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-card-driver-w10/b6526d8d-0411-44a8-9dd6-b8ee1042d77c
  5. Video Freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Video Freezing: Hello my computer is fairly new, I bought it less than a year ago. When I am using TEAMS to teach the video freezes for a few seconds a lot. It is not an issue with my internet as other computers in the house do not have the problem. What can be causing the problem for the...
  6. Short video freezes when starting playing video W10 Nvidia

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Short video freezes when starting playing video W10 Nvidia: Hi. I have a GeForce GTX 1080. Two weeks ago I got hit with the 1809 update for Windows 10. Ever since then I have the same problem that was described in this thread: W10 Video start freeze Solved - Windows 10 Forums When I start playing a video in MPC-HC, SMPlayer or...
  7. W10 slowness , freezes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    W10 slowness , freezes: HI my PC W10 presents problems of slowness. sometimes it freezes. often disk c: 100%. Am I the only one to meet this problem? System: Windows 10 Famille 64-bit (10.0, Build 17763) (17763.rs5_release.180914-1434) Isuspect an OMERTA from MS about this subject...
  8. Videos and photo trim W10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Videos and photo trim W10: There is a video that I would like to edit: a portion in the middle needs to be removed. I tried to use trim on the photo app but when the unwanted portion is highlighted, the rest of the video is removed. This is exactly the opposite of what I need. What do I do now since I...
  9. videos freezing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    videos freezing: When I watch videos especially on youtube I hear the sound but the picture doesn't move. Could this be a driver problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/videos-freezing/331ca491-80f4-4631-89f8-3e052e4dfc56
  10. No video after W10 install.

in Windows 10 Support
    No video after W10 install.: Hello, After upgrading to W10 from W8.1 (which went trouble free) when my laptop is powered completely off and I turn on the laptop, after the Acer splash screen the video stops working. Windows continues to load just no video. IF I go into the bios during startup and just...