Windows 10: W10 Voice Dictation bar takes up too much space

Discus and support W10 Voice Dictation bar takes up too much space in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Windows 10's latest voice dictation works well enough that I'm now using it to dictate drafts. Unfortunately, it takes up too much real estate on my on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by EdB, Aug 14, 2018.

1. EDB
    EdB Win User

W10 Voice Dictation bar takes up too much space

Windows 10's latest voice dictation works well enough that I'm now using it to dictate drafts. Unfortunately, it takes up too much real estate on my on my 13.3" laptop. It is literally 1/2 the width of the screen.
    Worse yet, it can't be minimized, can't be resized, and is always on top. Yet it only shows a microphone symbol on the left and the close X on the right.
    At the very least, it shouldn't be always on top. Ideally I should be able to resize it to whatever I want.
    Am I missing anything here? Is there some way to resize the Voice Dictation bar I don't know about?Thanks for any help.

:)

2. voice dictation to text software

wonderful. I did the voice recognition easily enough thanks to the easy instructions, but now i want to dictate a letter and have no idea how to do it!!!.

So what would be the next step? and thanks, Mike

MikeNorris502, Aug 14, 2018
  3. SpiritX MS MVP, Aug 14, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

Microsoft starts testing voice dictation in latest Office Insider apps

Microsoft officials touted the coming Office dictation technology in January, saying it would be available in February 2018.

To test dictating using voice, customers must be running the latest version of Office for Windows (Office 2016) and be an Office 365 subscriber. The voice dictation feature, which uses speech recognition technology to convert speech to text, is available for Word 2016, PowerPoint 2016, Outlook 2016 and OneNote 2016 and in US English only for now. To test this, users must be in the Windows desktop Office Insider program...

Brink, Aug 14, 2018
Thema:

1. W10 Voice Dictation bar takes up too much space - Similar Threads - W10 Voice Dictation

2. Something is taking up too much space.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Something is taking up too much space.: Every time I run Automatic's version of Stable Diffusion it takes up more and more space the longer I use it. I've tried cleaning the disk, resetting my virtual memory, and trying to hunt down where the files actually are that take up space. I think it has something to do...
  3. Something is taking up too much space.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something is taking up too much space.: Every time I run Automatic's version of Stable Diffusion it takes up more and more space the longer I use it. I've tried cleaning the disk, resetting my virtual memory, and trying to hunt down where the files actually are that take up space. I think it has something to do...
  4. Something is taking up too much space.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 takes up too much space

Windows 10 takes up too much space: Hi guys,I have a Windows 10 home single language OS running in laptop. I haev allocated around 220 GB for C drive among which around 200 gb has been occupied by Windows 10 OS itself now my system is slow and hangs a lot. How do I free it, I tried drive clean and everything....
  6. System Files taking up too much space

System Files taking up too much space: I've been having storage issues and I checked my system files. Asked a few people and searched it on web and found out that 70GB is too much. I don't know what seems to be the problem since Windows file isn't that huge. How do I fix this?...
  7. Systen Files taking up too much space

Systen Files taking up too much space: I've been having storage issues and I checked my system files. Asked a few people and searched it on web and found out that 70GB is too much. I don't know what seems to be the problem since Windows file isn't that huge. How do I fix this?...
  8. One Drive Taking up too much space

One Drive Taking up too much space: This only happens on my laptop my desktop is utterly fine. For some reason, my laptop redownloads everything in my one drive folder. If I try to put stuff back in the cloud it re-downloads automatically the next day. Everything I've seen online to correct this essentially...
  9. Edge taking too much space

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Edge taking too much space: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Ahvak [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ktogvy/edge_taking_too_much_space/
  10. Log files taking up too much space

Log files taking up too much space: I recently noticed that the used space of my disk was constantly increasing. After poking around a bit, I found that the windows/Temp folder had tens of thousands of files named 'AppXDeploymentServer_'+long string of numbers and letters+.evtx. Each of these files is 5188 KB....