Windows 10: W10 web server using Pogoplug version 4?

Discus and support W10 web server using Pogoplug version 4? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have been searching online for a way to use the Pogoplug version 4 as a web server. So far, I have found a few incomplete items, many of them posted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jshaw42, Jan 31, 2016.

1. jshaw42 Win User

W10 web server using Pogoplug version 4?

I have been searching online for a way to use the Pogoplug version 4 as a web server. So far, I have found a few incomplete items, many of them posted in 2013 or earlier. Being the web server neophyte I am, I need to led by the hand. I understand one must first set the Pogoplug to SSH enabled (done that). Then one needs to install Linux, but that is about as far as I have gotten.

Has anyone here done this? Can you lead me to where I can learn how to do it?

:)

jshaw42, Jan 31, 2016

2. Lost drives following Windows 10 upgrade

I also had the same problem when I moved to Windows 10. After scouring the Internet for hours, I found the solution was in plain sight all the time. All I can say is that it worked for me.

If you don't already have it

Download Pogoplug Backup (free from the PP site)

install it and right click on the icon

go to preferences

click on Pogoplug Drive (the middle of the top three options)

set the switch to "on"

tick the box "Show Team folders as a separate drive".

This is on the PP site under Pogoplug Help Centre / Knowledge Base / How To Guides / How To: Pogoplug Drive.

I've used Pogoplug Backup for ages with W7 and been able to see my P: drive all along. It must have been something in the installation of W10 that turned this switch off.

Hope this helps.

Pete

Peter FordXL, Jan 31, 2016
  3. Lost drives following Windows 10 upgrade

The wording on the Pogoplug site for Pogoplug drive says "available for Pogoplug Remote Access 2016 Pro users only"

If you install this the Pogoplug drive software then works on windows 10 and the drives appear. But it is not free.

Gerry Marshall, Jan 31, 2016
Thema:

W10 web server using Pogoplug version 4?

1. W10 web server using Pogoplug version 4? - Similar Threads - W10 web server

2. Expression Web 4

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Expression Web 4: Hi I have a very small amount of experience with Expression 4. I have built a few very basic websites.Opening up Expression Web 4 after not touching my site for several years I have just created a new page for my business. All seems ok I managed to publish to the FTP...
  3. Expression Web 4

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Expression Web 4: Hi I have a very small amount of experience with Expression 4. I have built a few very basic websites.Opening up Expression Web 4 after not touching my site for several years I have just created a new page for my business. All seems ok I managed to publish to the FTP...
  4. W10 version 21H1/ W10 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W10 version 21H1/ W10 update: Hello, after last MS update. Have new MS updates. Have new manufacturer updates/drivers/+chips. Has clean install. Now unable to wake up after ‘sleep’, even tho’ power switch blinking= When I press return &/or wiggle mouse, as hve always done; instead of screen...
  5. W10 version 21H1/ W10 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W10 version 21H1/ W10 update: Hello, after last MS update. Have new MS updates. Have new manufacturer updates/drivers/+chips. Has clean install. Now unable to wake up after ‘sleep’, even tho’ power switch blinking= When I press return &/or wiggle mouse, as hve always done; instead of screen...
  6. Regarding Apache Web Server

in Windows 10 Customization
    Regarding Apache Web Server: I have a domain and I have a website hosted on my Apache Web Server and I can access it by entering my IP in the browser so now how can I assign the domain which I have bought to that IP so that everyone in world can access it?...
  7. Windows 10 Version 2004 breaks Web Expression 4

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Version 2004 breaks Web Expression 4: I received the Windows 10 Version 2004 update yesterday and since then have been unable to open Web Expression 4. Running it as Administrator makes no difference. It would appear that a .NET update has broken this application and I suspect there is no easy solution. I...
  8. Using an OEM version of W10 to operate a new computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Using an OEM version of W10 to operate a new computer: I have a computer that died because off a system board issue. I want to replace that computer with a new computer same model brand My questions is : can i buy a new computer without an operating system and use the ssd that i had windows 10 on originally an oem version to use...
  9. Samba 4 and NAS / Windows shares on W10 and Linux servers / clients

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Samba 4 and NAS / Windows shares on W10 and Linux servers / clients: Hi folks there's a lot of confusion about how to set SAMBA up if you have any sort of Linux type system in the mix whether host , running as a NAS or in VM and Windows 10 mix. the best way is to do the following 1) Enable SMB1 on W10 -- while it might not be recommended...
  10. Puzzle: inetpub folder - appPools - I don't use a web server on W10

in Windows 10 Support
    Puzzle: inetpub folder - appPools - I don't use a web server on W10: Hi I am puzzled by this: I do not Windows 10 as a Web server, but I see a folder inetpub, which has directories with appPools and iisstart stuff in it. I cannot remove the folder, there are files left in the appPools folder which I can only delete when stopping the WAS...