Windows 10: W10 Welcome Screen Picture

Discus and support W10 Welcome Screen Picture in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; O.k. Can someone tell me, in plain English please, how to disable the welcome screen picture in W10 ?......have tried turning it of in personalization,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Del 80, Oct 15, 2016.

1. Del 80 Win User

W10 Welcome Screen Picture

O.k. Can someone tell me, in plain English please, how to disable the welcome screen picture in W10 ?......have tried turning it of in personalization, but it is still there....it has changed recently from a seascape and some caves, to some stupid Halloween lamps, and is annoying the hell out of me......W10 version is 1607........O.S. build is 14393.321.........I just want the blue screen with W10 logo back.......any ideas anyone ?..................Del

:)

Del 80, Oct 15, 2016

2. How to change picture on Welcome screen in Windows 10

None of what you have given here as an answer addresses the picture on the Welcome Screen, it only changes the picture on the Lock Screen.

The Welcome Screen and the Lock Screen are two different things. How do we change the picture on the Welcome Screen?

StephenTaggart, Oct 15, 2016
  3. How to change picture on Welcome screen in Windows 10

There is a picture on my WELCOME SCREEN, the screen PRIOR to the LOCK SCREEN that comes up every time I restart my PC. The WELCOME SCREEN also comes up at restart if you have disabled the LOCK SCREEN.

I'd like to remove that picture entirely and replace it with a simple background color.

I can change the LOCK SCREEN background picture easily and change the DESKTOP background as well.

But I can't seem to find where to access the properties for the WELCOME SCREEN. The image on the WELCOME SCREEN only appeared after the anniversary update.

Again, I wish to eliminate the background picture from the WELCOME SCREEN and not from the LOCK SCREEN.

Thank you.

StephenTaggart, Oct 15, 2016
  4. Edwin New Member

Settings/Personalization/Lock Screen/Picture

W10 Welcome Screen Picture [​IMG]

Edwin, Oct 15, 2016
  5. Del 80 Win User
    Tried that, powered off, powered back on, picture is still there.......Del.

Del 80, Oct 15, 2016
  6. Edwin New Member
    Edwin, Oct 15, 2016
  7. Del 80 Win User
    Edwin, Done that......tried it, seascape and caves have returned....... most annoying !!..........Del.

Del 80, Oct 15, 2016
  8. Del 80 Win User

O.k.......The log on screen flashes up for a split second (I don't use a password ).......then it goes to picture of a seascape......what else can I do ??..........Del.

Del 80, Oct 15, 2016
  9. Adalwar Win User
    I also do not like that "fancy" stupid pictures.
    Here the Solution:
    Use Paint, make a picture fill it with the Background color you like, save it as JPEG.
    Next go to Settings>Personalization>Lock Screen Select "Picture" and click "Browse" and point to your previous saved Picture.
    That´s it.
    I tried and it works.
    Cheers

Adalwar, Oct 15, 2016
  10. Del 80 Win User
    Nope, tried that, tried several different images, it always returns to this seascape picture, or some other image.......but not the one I have selected..........Del.

Del 80, Oct 15, 2016
  11. Adalwar Win User
    Strange, I just did that on my PC and it is working. I have 1607.321 installed.
    On take Lock Screen Page I have disabled the switch "Get fun facts...." and I have ENABLED the switch "Show Lock Screen picture on sign-in screen"
    I send you bellow the picture I have on "Welcome" Screen , I do not if you can download it for you to try.

Adalwar, Oct 15, 2016
  12. Del 80 Win User
    Mmmhh........Have altered my settings to the same as yours Adalwar, and tried powering off and then on again........it is now working !!........added Hero wallpaper as Edwin suggested, all is fine........Thanks guys, it was driving me crazy !!............Del.

Del 80, Oct 15, 2016
  13. Adalwar Win User

Please, mark as "Solved"

Adalwar, Oct 15, 2016
  14. Bree New Member
    Note that if you have more than one account each one has its own individual personalisation settings. You'll need to make the same changes for each of the accounts.

15. Del 80 Win User
    O.k. Thanks for that.........Del.

Del 80, Oct 15, 2016
Thema:

1. W10 Welcome Screen Picture - Similar Threads - W10 Welcome Screen

2. The Welcome Screen Picture

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Welcome Screen Picture: There are a lot of beaches shown on the welcome screen pictures, how about some forests and U.S. National Parks? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-welcome-screen-picture/17e60cc3-2463-46b6-bff1-590d467db119
  3. The Welcome Screen Picture

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The Welcome Screen Picture: There are a lot of beaches shown on the welcome screen pictures, how about some forests and U.S. National Parks? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-welcome-screen-picture/17e60cc3-2463-46b6-bff1-590d467db119
  4. unwanted picture partly over welcome w10 screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    unwanted picture partly over welcome w10 screen: Why one one my pictures, I was working with in 'Photo App.'found its way partly over my W10 welcome screen before password field is initiated? I'm using Chrome on my pc. So when my pc wakes up or its screen I see that picture almost covering the normal welcome screen. If...
  5. Welcome screen pictures

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Welcome screen pictures: What is the difference between "Pictures", "Pictures" second in list, and Slideshow in Welcome screen picture choices? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/welcome-screen-pictures/846a34a7-1686-4ac0-ab4f-8cee8be1a7be
  6. Picture on Welcome screen missing.

Picture on Welcome screen missing.: My picture shows in Accounts, Your info. It sometimes shows when signing into Microsoft on Edge. It is missing from the Welcome screen - not even the blank icon. It does not show on Community, but does on Rewards. Different computer everything works fine. Any suggestions on...
  7. welcome screen picture

welcome screen picture: How do I change my welcome screen picture back to random win10 selection https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/welcome-screen-picture/c789b96c-f67f-4bd0-95bc-561fddfac598
  8. Picture on welcome screen

Picture on welcome screen: I would like to know how to find out the signification of the picture on the welcome screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/picture-on-welcome-screen/6940d10a-3c12-4987-b654-4784635335f9
  9. Disable Pictures in Welcome and Lock-Screen

Disable Pictures in Welcome and Lock-Screen: Hi, I want to change the Welcome and Lock-Screen to a Solid Color. That Pictures from Windows are just Horrible, Terrible , they are making me sick. Thank you 63087
  10. No account picture on welcome screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    No account picture on welcome screen: Since 10041, Welcome screen during startup has no picture. It's there if you sign off and on, but not on Welcome. Anybody else with this? *Confused 4786