Windows 10: W10pro + ghost + sysprep on USB

Discus and support W10pro + ghost + sysprep on USB in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all, looking for some help. Imaging with ghost 11.5 (yes I know it's obsolete) and sysprep is stripping out way too much. Back in the day just used... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RigShovel, Jun 19, 2018.

1. RigShovel Win User

W10pro + ghost + sysprep on USB

Hi all, looking for some help.
    Imaging with ghost 11.5 (yes I know it's obsolete) and sysprep is stripping out way too much. Back in the day just used to use -pnp switch which was awesome. Need the boxes fully loaded with local apps and local user accounts retained.
    So far can image with a bootable USB, with a batch file for ghost 11.5 running off the USB in freedos and the .gho on the USB as well. It's when I sysprep it that it dies. Tried an unattend file in sysprep and a simple reboot to test before creating the image and that won't even boot. Used a online generator to create the unattend file as don't know xml enough to create my own. It reads the file but still won't boot.
    Ok, hope I explained it enough and thanx in advance.

:)

RigShovel, Jun 19, 2018
  2. John Ado Win User

SysPrep Advice

Hi Joseph,

The topic that you raised is beyond the scope of support for this site which focuses more on home and personal end users. Here's what I found about SysPrep:

However these are old articles and the process may have been changed already. You may re-post this question in

TechNet Forums
    for further assistance.

All the best.

John Ado, Jun 19, 2018
  3. creating a boot ghost usb

Hi Freddy,

Ghost is a disk cloning and backup tool. In Windows, we can easily create a bootable USB with your cloned system.

• First, prepare the WinPE which we will use to capture the customized image by following the steps on this

link
    • Boot into WinPE to capture the computer image you have customized. To do it, check out this

link
    • Then, convert WIM file into ISO.
    • Lastly, create the Bootable USB with your customized image.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Jhessica Sur, Jun 19, 2018
  4. W10pro + ghost + sysprep on USB

creating a boot ghost usb

I have created a ghost image for windows 10 pro which is saved on external hdd, now I need to creat a boot ghosso that I can boot from a usb and browse my image please help with steps

giyanifreddy, Jun 19, 2018
Thema:

W10pro + ghost + sysprep on USB

1. W10pro + ghost + sysprep on USB - Similar Threads - W10pro ghost sysprep

2. can't activate w10pro retail

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    can't activate w10pro retail: OS: windows 10 pro retail Build: 1903 OS Build 18362.356 computer: custom built install type: from scratch, not an upgrade Hello, When I try to activate windows with my product key I get "Unable to activate windows" and get an error code 0x803fa067 no letter l or L...
  3. Ghost USB driver reconnect randomly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ghost USB driver reconnect randomly: I'm using Lenovo Legion-Y530. I have a problem with a ghost USB device in port#4_Hub#1I have 3 USB ports on my laptop. The device connects/disconnects randomly, sometimes every 20 seconds and sometimes every hour or more, and plays a sound which I plug/unplug a real USB...
  4. Ghost copies of files on USB?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ghost copies of files on USB?: So, I fairly regularly copy files from a Mac to a Windows machine via USB stick. It's formatted to exfat And when I open the tab stick on my windows machine I left over .file files left from items that have been but are no longer on the USB stick.. what are they? (They...
  5. Sysprep

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sysprep: I'm trying to sysprep a machine ready for deployment but keep getting an error due to the Welsh interface pack installed, this has worked with every version except for this 1809. Other versions used to be a LIP file but it's not with 1809. The log error is - Package...
  6. W10pro + ghost + sysprep

in Windows 10 Support
    W10pro + ghost + sysprep: Hi all, looking for some help. Imaging with ghost 11.5 (yes I know it's obsolete) and sysprep is stripping out way too much. Back in the day just used to use -pnp switch which was awesome. Need the boxes fully loaded with local apps and local user accounts retained. So far...
  7. Problem - Win E 64Bit | SysPrep | Ghosting

Problem - Win E 64Bit | SysPrep | Ghosting: I install Windows Education 64Bit and than I enter Audit Mode, I change all the stuff the way I wanted it to be put on other systems. I launch my SysPrep back up the image. I booted it back to check it took and sign in with a local user no change. I join the computer to our...
  8. W10Pro - Microphone too low

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    W10Pro - Microphone too low: Hello!My micropone's volume is very low *Sad idk what to do (in win 7 it was fine) 17835
  9. W8pro to W10pro.

W8pro to W10pro.: I have an available W8pro key, this comp was bought with 10Home installed. Is it possible to load 8pro then upgrade to 10pro? 90176
  10. boot order usb, dvd, hdd, how set w10pro

boot order usb, dvd, hdd, how set w10pro: boot order usb, dvd, hdd, how set in w10pro? I want boot from usb hdd linux Ubuntu, just did prior upgrsde to w10pro...well? 20915