Windows 10: w10pro upgraded, roll backto 7pro, install w10 on new ssd at a future

Discus and support w10pro upgraded, roll backto 7pro, install w10 on new ssd at a future in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; AMD 8 core 64 bit system I built. 1. installed free, w10pro upgrade. 2. made a disk image and repair cd. 3. can I now roll back to w7 64pro. and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by upthecreek, Aug 27, 2016.

1. w10pro upgraded, roll backto 7pro, install w10 on new ssd at a future

AMD 8 core 64 bit system I built.

1. installed free, w10pro upgrade.
    2. made a disk image and repair cd.
    3. can I now roll back to w7 64pro. and still keep an option to
    latter do and clean & fresh w10pro install to a new ssd. (will my digital verification still be valid?
    without all the fragments from 7 and my old programs?
    Thank you.

:)

upthecreek, Aug 27, 2016

2. in other words dual boot W10PRO ... one key w10pro.

dual boot... one key w10pro.

I have a tricky Q

I have two bays/drives HDD (C:/ w10pro 650GB+ T:/ 350GB) +( D:/ 500GB) currently

if take the D:/ out AND IN ITS PLACE put SSD and install W10Pro (same key as C:/ - is upgrade from 8.1 pro needs key???) on SSD

can boot choose on turn on of PC either from C:/ or from SSD???

in other words
    dual boot W10PRO ... one key
    w10pro.

IF CAN, HOW FIND KEY W10PRO IN CURRENT???

Lse123polis, Aug 27, 2016
  3. Reinstalling OS - Upgrading from W7=>W10 after July29

I have upgraded my W7Pro Laptop to W10Pro already, but next week need to replace the HDD with an SSD.

My question is; what will happen when I reinstall W7 and try to Upgrade to W10 as it will be after July29. Am I still eligble for the free upgrade?

AndrewRoubin, Aug 27, 2016
  4. cereberus Win User

w10pro upgraded, roll backto 7pro, install w10 on new ssd at a future

Sure - you can clean install at any time.

cereberus, Aug 27, 2016
  5. Until you change your Motherboard. .. Ms stores hash IDs(dont know which) as a proof of activation on their servers.
    U so ever have upgraded to windows 10 make sure to sign in with Microsoft account instead of local account.. this way even if a hardware change is made to a computer you can still activate windows in case of Failure.

manish9009, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

w10pro upgraded, roll backto 7pro, install w10 on new ssd at a future

1. w10pro upgraded, roll backto 7pro, install w10 on new ssd at a future - Similar Threads - w10pro upgraded roll

2. Fresh install of W10Pro wouldn't upgrade - Found a fix

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fresh install of W10Pro wouldn't upgrade - Found a fix: Ok, so first mistake was not using an up to date USB image to create the machine. This being a Lenovo M900 Tiny that was being re-purposed for a new setup. I had a Win10Pro x64 installer setup on a USB stick and figured, ah, what the heck, let's just use that. Not the right...
  3. Fresh install of W10Pro wouldn't upgrade - Found a fix

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fresh install of W10Pro wouldn't upgrade - Found a fix: Ok, so first mistake was not using an up to date USB image to create the machine. This being a Lenovo M900 Tiny that was being re-purposed for a new setup. I had a Win10Pro x64 installer setup on a USB stick and figured, ah, what the heck, let's just use that. Not the right...
  4. Fresh install of W10Pro wouldn't upgrade - Found a fix

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Upgrading and moving W10 to an SSD.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrading and moving W10 to an SSD.: Hi, so I have a question regarding W10, SSD, HDD, and transferring W10 from the HDD to the SSD, making the SSD the boot drive and erasing all the data from the HDD to use as a mass storage device. The reason I am asking is because one of my friends is going upgrade his build...
  6. W10 ssd in new machine

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    W10 ssd in new machine: Im getting a new system and putting my old ssd in the new system as the os drive. Do i need to reinstall Windows ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/w10-ssd-in-new-machine/7e9d7623-86bb-4b2d-bc93-d89eef82d0c5
  7. Upgrade to W10, roll back to W7, then back to W10 - possible?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade to W10, roll back to W7, then back to W10 - possible?: Hi there, I have a small net-top running Win7, which is primarily used as a WMC DVR/TV system in my living room. As is well known, WMC is not part of W10, and isn't coming back. I'd like to upgrade to W10 on this machine to try out some other options that are out there....
  8. SSD upgrade tweaks to exising W10 installation (not fresh install)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SSD upgrade tweaks to exising W10 installation (not fresh install): Hi all, I am about to venture into installing my newly purchased SSD for my desktop PC. I have a 360Gb Sata2 hard drive at the moment and did some tests with a "spare" SSD I got my hands on. The performance improvements were nothing short of spectacular (even without any...
  9. Install W10 on new SSD Failing

Install W10 on new SSD Failing: I have a Sony Vaio laptop (VPCYB15KX), a bit old but working nonetheless currently running Windows 7 Home Premium and works fine, but is quite slow so I decided to upgrade to an SSD. Picked up a crucial MX200 250 GB SSD and was going to upgrade to Windows 10 (fresh install)...
  10. Problems installing W10 to a clean/new SSD.

Problems installing W10 to a clean/new SSD.: So i just bought a bigger SSD to install w10 on and the installer runs fine right up until the first restart. Computer restarts and the W10 installer is back at the start where I select the language. Im installing from an USB boot stick which I made with microsofts own tool....