Windows 10: W10TP Takes ages to install

Discus and support W10TP Takes ages to install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Since I have a 75/75 connection, I thought I'd install it but it takes ages with me only getting 80 to 150 KB/second. Why is this? 3799 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sportsfan7702, Jan 26, 2015.

1. W10TP Takes ages to install

Since I have a 75/75 connection, I thought I'd install it but it takes ages with me only getting 80 to 150 KB/second. Why is this?

:)

sportsfan7702, Jan 26, 2015

2. N78 takes ages to connect to satellites!

Hi hamadat

It is about 3-5kbs of data downloaded for a positional fix, which should be a matter of cents in cost.

scoobyman---01, Jan 26, 2015
  3. N78 takes ages to connect to satellites!

Hi amir33

You're welcome!W10TP Takes ages to install :)

scoobyman---01, Jan 26, 2015
  4. W10TP Takes ages to install

Sounds like you're talking about download time, not installation time -- and download time is seriously affected by server load.

Mark Phelps, Jan 27, 2015
    • Hi Mark, I never thought about that. The servers must be absolutely overloaded

sportsfan7702, Jan 27, 2015
  5. WHS
    whs Win User
    Try after midnight. That's when a lot of the fanboys sleep, LOL.

6. Dude Win User
    A real fanboy has the downloads running while he sleeps *chuckle

7. W10TP Takes ages to install

So far so good but how can I choose how fast to get the updates? I do not see a Windows update tile.

sportsfan7702, Jan 29, 2015
  8. WHS
    whs Win User
    Just type update into the search field of start. It will appear on the top.

Thema:

W10TP Takes ages to install

1. W10TP Takes ages to install - Similar Threads - W10TP Takes ages

2. Slower Restart takes ages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slower Restart takes ages: I am using Windows 11Pro, Version : 21H2. Earlier when I was using Windows 10Pro, Restarting my system takes only 30-60 secs. max but now it takes at least 20 minutes minimum. I want to fix this because to install some updates or any other things only required restart. Even...
  3. Slower Restart takes ages

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slower Restart takes ages: I am using Windows 11Pro, Version : 21H2. Earlier when I was using Windows 10Pro, Restarting my system takes only 30-60 secs. max but now it takes at least 20 minutes minimum. I want to fix this because to install some updates or any other things only required restart. Even...
  4. Photos taking ages to download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos taking ages to download: While on the internet, I try to save an image by right-clicking on it. When the menu appears, I left-click "save image as". Then it takes about 6 seconds for the image to download. While it's downloading my browser freezes and stops freezing when the image has downloaded. It...
  5. Photos taking ages to download

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos taking ages to download: While on the internet, I try to save an image by right-clicking on it. When the menu appears, I left-click "save image as". Then it takes about 6 seconds for the image to download. While it's downloading my browser freezes and stops freezing when the image has downloaded. It...
  6. Photos taking ages to download

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. windows taking ages to boot.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows taking ages to boot.: i have had this problem for about a day now. whenever i boot onto windows its fine, i enter in my password. it seems to take a bit longer than usual to load on (now about 30 seconds compared to 5). and, when it finally gets in, its just a grey screen for 20 minutes, then all...
  8. Outlook takes ages to load

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook takes ages to load: Hi all. Ever since I synced my email I have had a problem with all Microsoft sites taking ages to load. Can someone tell my what I can do about this? thanks 25624
  9. Checking for updates taking ages

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Checking for updates taking ages: Win 10 machine. Got it yesterday, it was checking for updates fine last night. In this evening and I thought I'd do a manual check but it's been running as checking for updates about 15 mins now. Is this normal. There is no way to cancel the check and kick it back off acain...
  10. W10TP on a Mac via Parallels

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W10TP on a Mac via Parallels: Last night I decided to install W10TP on my MacBook Pro w/Retina using Parallels 9. Running OSX Yosemite, so I had to get the latest update to version 9 of Parallels to even use it. Started with a Win7 VM, made a copy of it and upgraded the copy to W10TP. Install was...