Windows 10: W7 and W10 networking/sharing on home network

Discus and support W7 and W10 networking/sharing on home network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Unfortunately my laptop had to be rolled back to W7 due to driver issues after the version 1803 update. Now I cannot get my home networking sharing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jagsrus, Aug 2, 2018.

1. jagsrus Win User

W7 and W10 networking/sharing on home network

Unfortunately my laptop had to be rolled back to W7 due to driver issues after the version 1803 update. Now I cannot get my home networking sharing working. I can see both computers but get "you do not have permission to access>>>>" warning on both pc when trying to access each other ( both directions) I've checked and I do have (TCP/IPv6) checked off. I tried several to no avail and cannot seem to find any other similar questions.

Please provide support or links to solutions.

Thanks,

jagsrus

:)

jagsrus, Aug 2, 2018

2. Network driver 'lost' on upgrade from W7 to W10

Just unpacked a new PC (HP Workstation) with W7. Installed OK and everything worked, without issue. Got W7 updates, loaded Office 2016 etc. etc... Then I ticked the box for 'upgrade to W10.

A little over two hours later I had W10. Except....

It seems to have lost the drivers for the Network device. And the only solution it could come up with is to (guess what) connect to the Internet.

It's a tower (so no WiFi).

Anyone got any suggestions?

StephenMatthewsCY, Aug 2, 2018
  3. Home Networks or Workgroups connecting W7 W10 systems

I want to discuss possibilities to run home networks between mixed W10 and W7 nodes. My first information was, it is not possible. My own experiments lead to W7 not even recognizes the W10 node connected by the same Workgroup, there was a short time, W7
    recognized but then W10 node again disappeared in the W7´s explorer.

If it is not possible to connect mixed W7 and W10 by an home network, how at least is possible a simple workgroup setup in both systems the same name, even tricky. It seems to me a problem to recognize user accounts crosswise to give access to certain datasets
    on the other machine. Thank you for contributions, I hope I did not overlook a solution already given.

Another Test: Workgroup name the same, Username the same both logged in, password the same, the W10 machine appears at w7´s explorer, but no access allowed from W7´s explorer.

hagenvontronje, Aug 2, 2018
  4. W7 and W10 networking/sharing on home network

Help needed with simple wired network

Step one- Connect all PC's to router, and then the router to the modem. PC's go to router by the ports labeled "1-4" on the back of the router. WAN port goes to router. Power up all network equipment, and then systems.
    Step two- Power on the computer connected to port one. Go into router settings at 192.168.0.1 and configure internet, dyndns, firewall, etc.
    Step three- Go to "network set up wizard" in windows. (Network places- network set up wizard). The rest is self explanatory.
    Step four- right click on each drive and printer you want to share, and then configure sharing preferences. Should be easy enough.
    Step five- right click my computer, and the select "map network drive". Using the network address for each piece of hardware you shared, assign network drive letters.

Congratulations, you have a fully operational network. Happy Gaming! *Toast :toast:

zekrahminator, Aug 2, 2018
Thema:

W7 and W10 networking/sharing on home network

1. W7 and W10 networking/sharing on home network - Similar Threads - W10 networking sharing

2. Home network file sharing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Home network file sharing: I just got a new computer super fast lots of memory Windows 11 latest updates.I have 4 other computers running windows 10 on a wireless network but I can't get the new computer to recognize these.The other 4 communicate with each other OK.What's different about the Win 11...
  3. sharing folders on home network

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    sharing folders on home network: After update, I can no longer access shared folders on my wife's laptop from my laptop over our home network. How may I turn this on again please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sharing-folders-on-home-network/56cc4ace-5759-47cb-b514-9c86e98307d9"
  4. Home group/network sharing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Home group/network sharing: I have a Desktop with Windows 7 and a Laptop with Windows 10. At an earlier date I was able to share files with both by turning on Home Group on Windows 7 and sharing folders in Network Sharing on my Laptop. I have since had to reinstall my Windows 10 on my Laptop; and...
  5. home networks & shared links

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    home networks & shared links: Please can anyone, give me answer how to correct the following. I have Windows 10 just updated to version 1809. My wife & I both had computer that were linked through the home network. a short while ago her machine crashed, due to a faulty mother board & scrapped, therefor...
  6. Sharing files on home network

Sharing files on home network: I have 3 computers on my home wireless network all running windows 10. I have done the steps to give access to Everyone but I cannot see the other computers on the network at all - or the folders I have shared. What am I missing?...
  7. W10 Network/Share Issue!!!!

W10 Network/Share Issue!!!!: Between Netbook and Desktop, both running W10. Netbook can view, but not access, the drives of the Desktop - states that i haven't given it permission to share on the desktop. I have got into the share permissions properties countless times on both netbook and desktop. Both...
  8. Network problem between W10 and W7/8 PCs

Network problem between W10 and W7/8 PCs: I have, what seems to be, a common problem with my home network of one Windows 10 PC and several Windows 7 & 8 PCs. I can access the files of the W7 & 8 computers from the W10 one, but the W10 files cannot be accessed by the others, although all PCs show up on the network on...
  9. W10 Home Network - File Sharing?

W10 Home Network - File Sharing?: after HomeGroup was removed in April 2018, I can't figure out how to share my files/folders over a network. I went into the [properties] of each of my drives > [Sharing] > [Advanced Sharing] > set [permissions] > [Apply] then what do i do? right-click file/folder, select...
  10. Suggestions on network sharing issue - W10 Enterprise and W10 Home

Suggestions on network sharing issue - W10 Enterprise and W10 Home: I had network sharing working between these systems until a recent update was pushed to W10 Enterprise. Ever since I no longer have access from W10 Enterprise to W10 Home. All other network sharing still works include between W10 Home systems and from Roku/Android to W10...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. file sharing on home network mixed w7 and w10

2. workgroup with mixed w7 and w10 after w10 1803

3. w7 w10  modem set up エラー

4. share printer on w10 from w7,
  5. how to set up a mixed W7 and W10 WorkGroup,
  6. how to set up file sharing on a mixed W7 and W10 WorkGroup,
  7. w7 will file-share with w10 but w10 will not file-share with w7,
  8. file sharing between w7 and w10,
  9. home network mixed w7 w10 later than v1803,
  10. workgroup with mixed w7 and w10,
  11. sharing in w10,