Windows 10: w7 do not recognize the image system of w10 in a back up?

Discus and support w7 do not recognize the image system of w10 in a back up? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I had updated windows 7 home premium to windows 10 then when the update was complete I created a backup image of the whole system.... and saved in an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by chimo, Oct 25, 2015.

1. chimo Win User

w7 do not recognize the image system of w10 in a back up?

I had updated windows 7 home premium to windows 10 then when the update was complete I created a backup image of the whole system.... and saved in an external HD. then my fixed disk died, replaced by a new fixed HD I can not recover the backed up windows ten image from my external HD ... is that due that when replaced the new HD I am contrived to recover the system with windows 7 home premium and windows 7 do not recognize the backed image of windows 10?

:)

chimo, Oct 25, 2015
  2. POB18 Win User

Don't want W10 at this time

Upgraded to W10. Didn't like it. Used option to go back to W7. W7 didn't reinstall everything including recovery dates that were set in W7. Had to install a System Image to get back to my W7 as it was at time of upgrade to W10. But recovery dates again
    were not included. W7 working ok but now when trying to install updates W10 starts to auto install, so I can't just install updates forW7 and I can't get rid of the Pop-ups on the Task Bar telling me to now get W10. I DON"T WANT W10 until it works. I just
    want the security updates for W7. How do I get rid of auto download of W10 & get rid of the W10 Pop-ups?

POB18, Oct 25, 2015
  3. Home Networks or Workgroups connecting W7 W10 systems

I want to discuss possibilities to run home networks between mixed W10 and W7 nodes. My first information was, it is not possible. My own experiments lead to W7 not even recognizes the W10 node connected by the same Workgroup, there was a short time, W7
    recognized but then W10 node again disappeared in the W7´s explorer.

If it is not possible to connect mixed W7 and W10 by an home network, how at least is possible a simple workgroup setup in both systems the same name, even tricky. It seems to me a problem to recognize user accounts crosswise to give access to certain datasets
    on the other machine. Thank you for contributions, I hope I did not overlook a solution already given.

Another Test: Workgroup name the same, Username the same both logged in, password the same, the W10 machine appears at w7´s explorer, but no access allowed from W7´s explorer.

hagenvontronje, Oct 25, 2015
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Need to either use Windows 10 recovery disc/USB to restore the Windows 10 system image, or clean install Windows 10 to the new HDD. You can't use Windows 7 to restore a Windows 10 image.

NavyLCDR, Oct 25, 2015
Thema:

1. w7 do not recognize the image system of w10 in a back up? - Similar Threads - recognize image system

2. Backing up system image

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backing up system image: If I back up a system image on an external storage, will it erase the existing data on the external storage? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backing-up-system-image/8f04a05f-43b6-4633-b212-400d17fd1a81
  3. W7 to W10 up grade

W7 to W10 up grade: I am trying to upgrade from Windows 7 home premium to W10 on a gateway DX4822-01 desktop using purchased installation media. The installation goes well until the SAFE_OS phase with an error during REPLICATE_OC operation. We couldn't install windows 10 and restores W7. The...
  4. System Image Back Up

System Image Back Up: How should I prepare my hard drive for a system image back up to DVD/CD? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-image-back-up/d7cd84c5-5317-451e-8f95-d580a3f22aff
  5. W7 or W10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    W7 or W10: Hi everyone, I have got W10 for a while. Now I have upgraded my PC. But, Lots of part of the motherboard / sound, graphic / can't work properly, because their drivers were writing for W7. Under W10 they just work on basic level. The issue about the compatibility makes lags...
  6. Back up System Image

Back up System Image: Hello, I have HP pavilion laptop, and want to make System Image Back up by: Back up and Restore (Windows 7) ==> Create a system image. I have 2 physical disks in my laptop: A- Disk 0 (SSD): Windows(C) + Windows RE tools. B- Disk 1 (HDD): 1- Data (D) 2- HP Factory...
  7. Upgrade to W10, roll back to W7, then back to W10 - possible?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade to W10, roll back to W7, then back to W10 - possible?: Hi there, I have a small net-top running Win7, which is primarily used as a WMC DVR/TV system in my living room. As is well known, WMC is not part of W10, and isn't coming back. I'd like to upgrade to W10 on this machine to try out some other options that are out there....
  8. System Image Back Up

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Image Back Up: Trying to do a system image back up on Windows 10.Get error 0x80042302.Shows back up disc disconnected.It is connected.In file history it shows the hard drive any more deals ? 60169
  9. VIDEO: Upgrading W7 to W10 9926 (and rolled back to W7)

VIDEO: Upgrading W7 to W10 9926 (and rolled back to W7): For those who are thinking about upgrading from Win 7 to Win 10, here's how I did it. I upgraded WIn 7 to Win 10 and then I rolled it back to Win 7 again. Warning: 16mins video from start to finish (you can fast forward at will). Total upgrade and rollback time is about...
  10. Downgrade W10 to W7 on a New System

Downgrade W10 to W7 on a New System: I need to have W7 or 8 for my system for compatibility with equipment at work. I want to buy a new computer but they all run on W10 now. Is it possible to downgrade from a W10 to a 7 on a brand new system? Everything I have searched seems to be if the system already had...