Windows 10: W7 Pro VLC License Upgrade to W10

Discus and support W7 Pro VLC License Upgrade to W10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I support a private school that has 50 desktops that all use a Microsoft W7 Pro VLC license purchased for 50 units. I can individually upgrade a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by gmklabisch, Mar 28, 2016.

1. W7 Pro VLC License Upgrade to W10

I support a private school that has 50 desktops that all use a Microsoft W7 Pro VLC license purchased for 50 units. I can individually upgrade a machine to W10, but I want to duplicate what I did with W7 by creating an image and then restoring the image followed by entering the the license key. Each machine I manually upgraded took 1 to 1-1/2 hours each. To restore an image takes 12-15 minutes. Is there a way to accomplish this? I work alone and this will save me 60 plus hours of work.

:)

gmklabisch, Mar 28, 2016
  2. Marc´ Win User

How do I get the Productkey of my new W10Pro 1511?

Hello,

thanks for the input ...

I have a full license W7 Ultimate ... changed into a W10 Pro!

But I cannot use nor the W7 U nor the W10 Pro code??? Not accepted!

So, I suppose there has to be a productcode for this latest W10 digital version somewhere!

regards, marc

Marc´, Mar 28, 2016
  3. JT_300 Win User
    Duplicate Windows 10 license keys after free upgrade

We took advantage of the Free upgrade from W7 Pro to W10 Pro in July last year.

As per the process we were not required to input any product keys to enable this.

We now find that many of the PC's we upgraded are now running with all the same W10 license keys - why would this be?

Thanks,

JT

JT_300, Mar 28, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

W7 Pro VLC License Upgrade to W10

Hi gmklabisch and welcome to Tenforums.

I think you can SysPrep on one machine, capture the image, and deploy that to multiple systems.
    Windows 10 Image - Customize in Audit Mode with Sysprep - Windows 10 Forums
    The keycode can be used to activate W10 now (you don't have to upgrade each one, as a valid key will now activate a W10 install).

simrick, Mar 28, 2016
  5. Thanks Simrick, I'll give that a try! I've not used SYSPREP before but I will research. Any gotchas I should be concerned about?

gmklabisch, Mar 28, 2016
  6. simrick Win User
    After reading the tutorial, watch the videos - they are VERY good. They walk you through the entire process, step-by-step. If you have any questions or problems at all, post in that thread and the tutorial author, Kari, will answer you.

Good luck! *Smile

simrick, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

W7 Pro VLC License Upgrade to W10

1. W7 Pro VLC License Upgrade to W10 - Similar Threads - Pro VLC License

2. Update w7 to w10. License

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update w7 to w10. License: Hi,i would like to know if it is possible to upgrade w7 to w10 and keep using the original license of w7.Br https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-w7-to-w10-license/dc89ae46-d3cc-44ea-8175-ce3a37f806aa
  3. Update w7 to w10. License

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update w7 to w10. License: Hi,i would like to know if it is possible to upgrade w7 to w10 and keep using the original license of w7.Br https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-w7-to-w10-license/dc89ae46-d3cc-44ea-8175-ce3a37f806aa
  4. Upgrading from W7 to W10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading from W7 to W10: I am currently running W7 on an SSD and want to upgrade to W10 on the same hardware. Is this possible? If so, anything special I need to do? I was unable to install the free upgrade when it was available because of the SSD. Thanks....
  5. upgrading w7 to w10

upgrading w7 to w10: hello, this not my first round of trying fix windows over the years. got a older toshiba laptop L755 had windows 7 home prem. i like window 10. stupid me thinking upgrade. what could go wrong ???? made a usb drive boot for window 10. put in the laptop to totally new...
  6. upgrading W7 to W10

upgrading W7 to W10: Hi. This will probably be a common question. My wife uses W7. Does not want W10. I have been told that I can copy my W10 from my PC to a USB stick and install W10 like that on to her Laptop.. Is this possible please. If so, is there any set proceedure like which files to...
  7. Trouble with W7 Pro to W10 upgrade

Trouble with W7 Pro to W10 upgrade: I'm trying to do an upgrade, but it keeps on stopping on this error: 0xC1900101-0x4000D. Can someone point me to a solution? 26379
  8. Upgraded from W7 Pro, and got W10 Home...

Upgraded from W7 Pro, and got W10 Home...: Hi all, Done a fair bit of searching and my problem seems to be fairly unique. Long story short, I had W10 Home installed, formatted and installed an unused copy of W7 Pro, used the W10 Upgrade Assistant to upgrade to W10 again expecting to then have W10 Pro, but it still...
  9. Cannot upgrade from W7 to W10

Cannot upgrade from W7 to W10: Having a nightmare trying to do this. The PC has an SSD with C: and D: on. C: has Windows and programs that don't offer a choice of where to install, D: has my Lightroom Catalogue and programs which offer a choice. C: has 25.4 of 94.6 GN free, D: has 4.57 of 17GB free. It...
  10. W7-W10 Pro x64 Upgrade error

in Windows 10 Support
    W7-W10 Pro x64 Upgrade error: I updated my drivers and bios on my Dell E6230, then tried the update. I get the following error. [img] Can I get some direction on what to look for? Thanks. 35454

Users found this page by searching for:

1. will my windows 10 pro from VLC perform an upgrade

2. licence for Upgrade W7 pro to W10 pro