Windows 10: Wacom Tablet not displaying after Window's 10 August update

Discus and support Wacom Tablet not displaying after Window's 10 August update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So after the August 2018 update of Windows 10 my tablet hasn't been working properly, to help understand the problem my tablet is a wacom cintiq (the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TrevorSmith8, Aug 22, 2018.

1. Wacom Tablet not displaying after Window's 10 August update

So after the August 2018 update of Windows 10 my tablet hasn't been working properly, to help understand the problem my tablet is a wacom cintiq (the fancy ones that display the screen as you draw) after the update I thought I had to update my driver, so I went to the website and downloaded the latest driver. After I downloaded it though it doesn't display the screen, the pen works just fine, but the screen isn't displaying. I checked under my device management and it seems it doesn't pick up the screen as a "display adapter" I uninstalled and reinstalled it, but it is still not working. I am the only one going through problems like this? Is this just something that Wacom needs to fix or is it something with my laptop? I'd appreciate any help I can get.

:)

TrevorSmith8, Aug 22, 2018

2. HDI Drivers for (Wacom) tablet in Windows 10

I have a Wacom CTE-630 Graphite tablet that is
    at least 13 years old, but working fine with windows 7. I am considering upgrading to Windows 10. I contacted Wacom and asked if there would be any problems using the Wacom with the new Windows 10. They replied that they had no driver for Windows 10.
    I looked around in the Drivers menu on my computer could not find a Wacom driver listed but, I did find 2 drivers from Microsoft, listed as HDI #6.1.7601.18199 & 6.1.7600.16385, that seem to be running the Wacom Tablet. I have no idea where to go from here
    ..., upgrade, or not. Anyone have experience with a similar problem?

Ronald Dunnington, Aug 22, 2018
  3. windows 10 and Wacom tablets.

Unfortunately safe mode is not an option. The Wacom board relies on a Wacom service to run as a Wacom board and this service is not available in safe mode. The pen does however function in safe mode as a mouse via windows pen and ink.

Starting with the clean boot and with the Wacom service enabled then the pen functions via windows pen and ink but the Wacom utilities do not detect the presence of a Wacom Tablet, even though it is listed as a Wacom tablet in device manager and in the settings
    and devices hardware section as a Wacom intuos pro large.

The default admin and a new user admin should have the same software profile and should both work. the fact that the hidden admin account works and other accounts don't excludes there being a hardware or software problem. It has to be profile related
    surely? or permissions. We have had issues in the past whereby the windows 10 updates removed all application packages from certain folders that killed all the modern apps from working. This feels like something similar, since the issue was noticed after
    the fall update. Unfortunately we could not roll back as the old installation backup had been cleaned up.

Lots of people with issues with Wacom tablets and windows 10 either disable windows pen and ink, but this is not an option for us as doing so kills the pens pressure sensitivity. The other popular repair is due to the Wacom Professional Service not being
    started. In our case the service is set as Automatic and is running. Some forums suggest restarting this service, for us it makes no difference. Another suggestion was that the issue was down to there being no Wintab drivers in windows 10, but installing
    them made no difference either.

all of the troubleshooters have been run , sfc/scannow has been run dism has been run. Windows 10 has been reloaded via an inplace upgrade. Group policies have been checked and all show as not configured.

Doing a fresh reinstall is not an option as we are in the middle of a project for a client, and even if we were not, the machine has a high number of programs containing multiple plugins. It also seems pointless when we have the hidden admin account working
    properly.

As you can see we have been troubleshooting this for months and the frustration levels are high.

As it stands we have a £500 graphics tablet that might as well be a £5 mouse. We have lost well over 30 hours going round and round in circles with support representatives.

Slowhand818, Aug 22, 2018
  4. Jose Est Win User

Wacom Tablet not displaying after Window's 10 August update

Can't Reinstall Wacom Tablet Driver

Hi Mae,

The issue your are having is due to missing or corrupt driver.

To resolve your issue, we strongly suggest getting the latest driver and software for your device from the manufacturer's website.

It is also advisable if you can contact the device's support team for assistance.

In the meantime, follow the steps below to try resolve the issue:

1. Go to Device Manager by right-clicking on the windows start button.

2. Find the Wacom Tablet under Human Interface Devices. Right-click and select to uninstall. Remove everything.

3. Unplug the Wacom Tablet

4. Go to Add/Remove Programs by right-clicking on the windows/start menu button and select "Programs and Features."

5. Find the Wacom stuff and uninstall all of it.

6. Open an elevated command prompt by right-clicking on the windows/start menu button and select "Command Line (Admin)."

7. Look for location of Program Files, normally, it's C: drive.

Type the following at the command prompt (including the quotes):

• mklink /j "C:\Program Files\Tablet" "C:\Program Files\Tablet"
    8. Reinstall the latest Wacom drivers from the website.

9. Restart and plug in your Wacom drivers.

10. Go to Services manager (click the start button and type "Services" to bring up the msc panel). Find the Wacom Professional Service item and start it or restart it.

If you have other concerns, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Jose Est, Aug 22, 2018
Thema:

Wacom Tablet not displaying after Window's 10 August update

1. Wacom Tablet not displaying after Window's 10 August update - Similar Threads - Wacom Tablet displaying

2. Windows 10 detects Wacom Tablet as Mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 detects Wacom Tablet as Mouse: And it's not a problem with the Wacom Drivers. The INSTANT I plug in the tablet, the Device manager detects the tablet as a mouse, no sign of it on the Human Interface devices....
  3. Windows 10 detects Wacom Tablet as Mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 detects Wacom Tablet as Mouse: And it's not a problem with the Wacom Drivers. The INSTANT I plug in the tablet, the Device manager detects the tablet as a mouse, no sign of it on the Human Interface devices....
  4. Windows 10 detects Wacom Tablet as Mouse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Main monitor displays nothing after restarting with Wacom tablet connected

Main monitor displays nothing after restarting with Wacom tablet connected: The basic rundown of my issue is this: I restarted my computer with my Cintiq connected. When the computer restarted, my primary monitor had no display, and my Cintiq had somehow become the main monitor instead. The monitor is powered on, but isn't receiving any signal from...
  6. Wacom one Creative Pen Display is not displaying on the tablet

Wacom one Creative Pen Display is not displaying on the tablet: I recently bought a Wacom One Creative Pen Display. The drivers are up-to-date and the device turns on. My computer acknowledges it as connected, but it still will not display anything. It only says "No Signal." I even bought an HDMI adapter, but it still does not work. I'm...
  7. Wacom Tablet Cursor changed to a dot after 1903 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wacom Tablet Cursor changed to a dot after 1903 update: Updated Win 10 to 1903 yesterday. Laptop is a 3 month old Dell Precision 7530 I use an Intuos 5 Wacom Tablet with a Pro Pen. Since the update to 1903 the cursor has changed to a dot when using the Wacom Pro Pen and the Wacom tablet regardless of the application. When...
  8. Photoshop problem on Wacom tablet

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Photoshop problem on Wacom tablet: When window ink is 'on', Photoshop is lagging. I tried to turn 'off' window ink in properties and create PSUserConfig file with UseSystemStylus 0. But it led to the frozen cursor in Photoshop. I used Wacom pen and a mouse. I tried to reinstall wacom driver, Photoshop, removed...
  9. wacom tablet

wacom tablet: Hi, Yesterday i bought a wacom tablet FT-0405-U0B and wanted to install it on windows 10 but didn't work. I've installed the drivers from the internet,nothing works. Is it even compatible with windows 10? I can't even find any information on google to veryfied that. I've...
  10. wacom tablet not detected

wacom tablet not detected: My Intuos tablet doesnt show up when I open the Wacom desktop center so I cant restore my device settings and cant use the pens sensitivity or shortcuts anymore. It makes that sound when it gets plugged in and shows up in device managers but it just acts like a mouse. I've...