Windows 10: Waiting 11 days for creators update...

Discus and support Waiting 11 days for creators update... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; The Creators Update privacy settings update was installed on my pc on 18th May, and I am still waiting for the creators update to appear. Since then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Eddie Doc, May 29, 2017.

1. Eddie Doc Win User

Waiting 11 days for creators update...

The Creators Update privacy settings update was installed on my pc on 18th May, and I am still waiting for the creators update to appear. Since then the update kb3150513 for version 1607 has been installed again.I would be interested to know how long other users have had to wait.*Smile

:)

Eddie Doc, May 29, 2017
  2. PA Bear - MS MVP, May 29, 2017
  3. MarthaXX Win User
    Windows 10 Creator Update

Hi

Windows 10 Creators Update Privacy Settings for x64-based Systems (KB4013214)

Successfully installed on 11/07/2017 but I am still waiting for Windows 10 Creator Update to install

MarthaXX, May 29, 2017
  4. zbook New Member

See if you can choose to update now by viewing windows updates Most often it will perform the download. You can then delay the reboot and installation indefinitely by remembering to reset it (max 6 days each time). If you want to download and install now and do not see the link you can perform the upgrade from this Microsoft web site by clicking update now:

Download Windows 10

zbook, May 29, 2017
  5. Eddie Doc Win User
    I tried to do it using the upgrade assistant but ran into a DPC watchdog violation error halfway through the install. Had to reinstall from a back up after that, as I was stuck in a loop (this was before the privacy setting update appeared). I've since read that Microsoft recommends waiting for the upgrade to be offered, which is what I am now doing.I thought it would have appeared by now, though.

Eddie Doc, May 29, 2017
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    You have a problem that is causing the upgrade to fail. Until you fix that problem, you won't upgrade to Creator's Update by any means.

NavyLCDR, May 29, 2017
  7. Eddie Doc Win User
    Since that upgrade failure, The privacy settings update was installed - I thought that was progress?

Eddie Doc, May 29, 2017
  8. zbook New Member

To look into the upgrade failure these are some of the steps that can be done:
    1) Open administrative command prompt then copy and paste this command:
    C:\$Windows.~BT\Sources\Panther
    2) It will produce a folder in which some of the files are hidden. Open these logs and post via onedrive share link into the forum

setupact.log

setuperr.log

Open administrative command prompt and run:
    3) run sfc /scannow
    4) run dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    Using onedrive post a share link into the forum for each the cbs and dism log

%windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log | find /i "[SR]" >> C:\cbslog.txt & notepad C:\cbslog.txt
    %windir%\logs\dism\dism.log | find /i "[SR]" >> C:\dismlog.txt & notepad C:\dismlog.txt

zbook, May 29, 2017
  9. zbook New Member
    Other things that you can try:

1) remove all attached hardware from the computer that is not essential
    2) turn off any antivirus temporarily when you are ready to attempt the upgrade
    3) perform a clean boot using msconfig to turn off all non-Microsoft applications/drivers and using task manager to turn of items on boot
    How to perform a Clean Boot in Windows 10 - TechNet Articles - United States (English) - TechNet Wiki

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...oot-in-windows
    4) run administrative command prompt: chkdsk /scan (if any problems are detected plan to run overnight chkdsk /x /f /r
    5) make sure that sfc /scannow reports that it found no integrity violations and dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth completed successfully
    5) attempt windows 10 upgrade using the Microsoft web site in the earlier post:
    Download Windows 10

If there are any error messages please report them in the forum

6) alternatively you can attempt now to perform an in place upgrade using a windows 10 iso. If that is successful at repairing any problems with the operating system/registry that may have been preventing the upgrade then a windows upgrade may then work smoothly.

zbook, May 29, 2017
  10. Eddie Doc Win User
    Thank you for your suggestions. I will look into it, but now I have to sleep to be ready for work later.Hope to speak to you again later.

Eddie Doc, May 29, 2017
  11. Eddie Doc Win User
    Update:
    I waited, and waited, then on 19th Nov I got the 'Check privacy settings' notification. The 'Preparing to install' phase took hours to complete, but eventually the upgrade started and went without a hitch. My PC was updated to Version 1709, bypassing the first Creators Update altogether, and everything seems to be working fine. Just when I was giving up hope!

Eddie Doc, Nov 20, 2017
  12. Bree New Member
    That was a long sleep *Smile

How odd - not the skipping to 1709 bit, the fact that you never got offered 1703. Whatever lingering problem that may have stopped you getting the Creators Update as you should have done should now have been fixed by installing your new OS. Relax and enjoy.

Thanks for letting us know.

13. Eddie Doc Win User

Rip van Winkle lives!
    Maybe it had something to do with the recent updates for Windows Update reliability.

Eddie Doc, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Waiting 11 days for creators update... - Similar Threads - Waiting days creators

2. Still waiting for Windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Still waiting for Windows 11 update: Hello there, when downloading the pc health check app it said I was compatible for a free upgrade of Windows 11, but I have waited for at least 1 month and the upgrade is still not there, I was told not to download windows 11 assistant as it is not recommended and to just...
  3. Still waiting for Windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Still waiting for Windows 11 update: Hello there, when downloading the pc health check app it said I was compatible for a free upgrade of Windows 11, but I have waited for at least 1 month and the upgrade is still not there, I was told not to download windows 11 assistant as it is not recommended and to just...
  4. Still waiting for Windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft Account 30 day wait

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Account 30 day wait: About two years ago I added my mobile number to my account, and removed the old one. But when I went on yesterday it still had the old number, so I attempted to change it again. My new number is already associated with Xbox as I sometimes get texts - and I also can make...
  6. Creator's Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Creator's Update: What is Creator's Update? And How can I get that? Are Insider Program and Creator's Update Same https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/creators-update/1d440c83-6041-478b-9874-b651a8224bd1
  7. Creators Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Creators Update: I don't particularly want to do a manual download but am I the only one that hasn't received the Creator's Update yet? I also read somewhere that certain applications running on a computer might stop the update from downloading. 89939
  8. creator update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    creator update: It appears that the creator update has me in its crosshairs. From what little I could find out the only thing I am interested in is the improved edge. Can all the other features be uninstalled or at least ignored. 86852
  9. Windows Developer Day – Windows 10 Creators Update

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Developer Day – Windows 10 Creators Update: Back in October, Satya, Terry and Panos introduced the Windows 10 Creators Update. They showed some of the new features and announced some amazing new additions to our Surface family of devices. Since then, my team has been working to complete the platform work for the...
  10. Watch Live: Windows Developer Day - Creators Update

in Windows 10 News
    Watch Live: Windows Developer Day - Creators Update: Watch Live: https://developer.microsoft.com/en-u...-developer-day Join our livestreamed Windows Developer Day event on February 8, 2017 to see what's new for developers in the Windows 10 Creators Update, what it means for your apps and games, and more about...