Windows 10: "Waiting for Local Session manager"

Discus and support "Waiting for Local Session manager" in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Using a Dell Laptop with W10 ver 1607 64 bit 2 out of 3 times my Laptop will start quickly and what I think of as normal. Then the other times it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sargan, Oct 3, 2017.

1. sargan Win User

"Waiting for Local Session manager"

Using a Dell Laptop with W10 ver 1607 64 bit

2 out of 3 times my Laptop will start quickly and what I think of as normal.
    Then the other times it start, and for a long time no screen activity at al … though I can see there is HDD activity, it can be 5 mins or more then it will continue bring up Dell logo and boot as normal
    Sometimes after Del logo I then get Blue screen and the message
    Or "Starting Services" or "Preparing Windows … and there can then be many minutes of delay, when nothing seems to be happening, no HDD activiy, jut the message on screen.

It does usually eventually start … although maybe 1 in 10 times I get the ‘windows failed to start message’ a QR bar code – that cannot be read by my phone app and a yellow screen.

Any suggestions?

:)

sargan, Oct 3, 2017
  2. ATGT Win User

" Waiting for approval " until when !????

Hi

i have a nokia N8 with the following product code 059D1M2 im always checking for the update realase , now its been a month evryday i check the updates availability i find " Waiting for approval" is nokia joking on us or what !!?

ATGT, Oct 3, 2017
  3. vilu85 Win User
    " Waiting for approval " until when !????

It means that it's waiting for approval from your operator and it has nothing to do with Nokia.

You could call your operator and ask about this approval, someone in technical service may know that how long it takes to approve the newest firmware. (For some reason, every operator has to approve the firmware updates and only after that their clients
    can do the update)

vilu85, Oct 3, 2017
  4. Tony K Win User

Hi there. Have you recently joined or is the machine part of a domain?

Tony K, Oct 3, 2017
  5. sargan Win User
    This is my company PC ... working form home so it would connect to company domain via Broadband

sargan, Oct 3, 2017
  6. Tony K Win User
    I see. I'm thinking that at times it is waiting for the company server to answer protocol while logging in, so therefore a company server problem. If it happens constantly it would most likely be your machine. I'd advise to check with your IT department.

Tony K, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. "Waiting for Local Session manager" - Similar Threads - Waiting Local Session

2. Lock Screen to Login Screen delay "please wait for Local Session Manager"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock Screen to Login Screen delay "please wait for Local Session Manager": Problem: There seems to be a delay when windows tries to go from the lock screen to the login screen about 5 minutes!. The computer belongs to a business and I was told not to update or restore it. Attempts at solving the problem: I've tried the following to fix the...
  3. Lock Screen to Login Screen delay "please wait for Local Session Manager"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock Screen to Login Screen delay "please wait for Local Session Manager": Problem: There seems to be a delay when windows tries to go from the lock screen to the login screen about 5 minutes!. The computer belongs to a business and I was told not to update or restore it. Attempts at solving the problem: I've tried the following to fix the...
  4. Lock Screen to Login Screen delay "please wait for Local Session Manager"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. RDP Windows 11, Session blocked by: Local Session Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RDP Windows 11, Session blocked by: Local Session Manager: I recently updated my work computer to Windows 11 about bought a new laptop that also uses Windows 11. When I work from home I used Remote Desktop Connection to log into my work computer. I'm fine for a decent number of hours but then suddenly I get bumped from the work...
  6. RDP Windows 11, Session blocked by: Local Session Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RDP Windows 11, Session blocked by: Local Session Manager: I recently updated my work computer to Windows 11 about bought a new laptop that also uses Windows 11. When I work from home I used Remote Desktop Connection to log into my work computer. I'm fine for a decent number of hours but then suddenly I get bumped from the work...
  7. Local Session Manager

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Local Session Manager: Hello, this might be a long question Few month ago i did a tweak using an apps named "Hone", and tomorrow after i tweaked my laptop, when it boot it just says local session manager, i can boot the laptop normally but, what is Local Session Manager?, and why when i tried to...
  8. Local Session Manager and Domain Logins

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Local Session Manager and Domain Logins: Bought two new laptops (Lenovo Yogas) both came pre installed with windows 10 Pro. I have two users who can log in to their domain accounts while on our network however when they go anywhere else it states that they cannot find our domain. Our AD is configured to allow domain...
  9. Local Sessions Manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    Local Sessions Manager: Why does Local Sessions Manager start up on some Windows 10 laptops and not on other s? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-sessions-manager/dd20f674-80c1-4ffa-b863-10a8e821cb80
  10. Please wait for Local Session Manager

in Windows 10 Support
    Please wait for Local Session Manager: Windows 10 Home on an older eMachine. Customer was trying to do something with "PCMatic" he just saw on TV and thought it might help his PC without checking with his computer IT guy, me. Somehow, he really got the Start screwed up and the PC boots first to : "Please...