Windows 10: Waiting for user profile service Windows 10

Discus and support Waiting for user profile service Windows 10 in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; We are trying out Win10 1709 Enterprise in our environment. When logging on when already connected to the domain, the logon is quite fast. But when... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by simmy, Mar 5, 2018.

1. simmy Win User

Waiting for user profile service Windows 10

We are trying out Win10 1709 Enterprise in our environment. When logging on when already connected to the domain, the logon is quite fast.
    But when logging on the computer when it is offline or not on the domain, it takes up to 3 minutes to log on.
    I`ve enabled verbose logging on the machine, and it`s staying about 1,5min on "Welcome", and about 1 min on "Waiting for user profile service"

I`ve tried to edit the "autodisconnect" in registry (set to ffffff), but that did not have any effect.

Every user is experiencing this issue, and it might be worth noting that the user is mapping up 4 drives by default, plus a home-drive that is set on the user object.

Any advice would be appreciated to speed up the logon process when outside the network.

Thanks

:)

simmy, Mar 5, 2018

2. "The User Profile Profile Service service failed the sign-in." "User profile cannot be loaded." Need Help!

Hi Dylan,

Thank you for being part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to help you.

Try the following methods and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to boot the computer in Safe mode with Networking and check if works.

Refer to the following Microsoft article on Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

Once you are able to access the Desktop then follow the below method.

Method 2:

I would recommend you to start the User Profile Service.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + R from the Keyboard.
    • Type services.msc and hit Enter.
    • Search for User Profile Service.
    • Double click on User Profile Service and click on Start button.
    • Click on the dropdown list and set the Startup type to
      Automatic.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Mar 5, 2018
  3. "The User Profile Profile Service service failed the sign-in." "User profile cannot be loaded." Need Help!

Hello there. I am having trouble signing into my new account
    I have added to my PC and I get this result (IMAGE) I would really like to get this new account running on my PC and be happy.

Specs: Intel Core i3-3217U 1.80GHz 8.00 GB RAM 7.89 Usable, Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit and it's an Asus laptop.
    I can confirm that I HAVE added the account to my PC and my family. I use an
    Outlook account of course. Best thanks, Dylan.

Waiting for user profile service Windows 10 [​IMG]

Dylan-Crawford-, Mar 5, 2018
  4. EdTittel Win User

As it turns out, this is a pretty well-known problem. Here's a social.technet.MS thread from 2014 that makes some good (and still relevant) speed-up suggestions: HELP! Slow logon with Cached Credentials off domain... The two I would try first are
    1. login with all network adapters (wired Ethernet, WiFi, and so forth) disabled
    2. login using local account instead of domain account
    You're waiting on the timeout when the login process is trying to contact the domain controller and failing to do so. This takes a long time to time out.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

PS: the magic search string for this kind of issue is "cached domain credentials."

EdTittel, Mar 9, 2018
Thema:

1. Waiting for user profile service Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Waiting user profile

2. windows 10 user service profile failed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 user service profile failed: hello, I am using Windows 10 and recently accidentally deleted onedrive folder, where apparently my profile related files were contained. After a reboot now I cannot login to my profile although it appears in the login screen. When I enter my password, a warning message pops...
  3. windows 10 user service profile failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 user service profile failed: hello, I am using Windows 10 and recently accidentally deleted onedrive folder, where apparently my profile related files were contained. After a reboot now I cannot login to my profile although it appears in the login screen. When I enter my password, a warning message pops...
  4. windows 10 user service profile failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Sign in: Please wait for the User Profile Service takes longer and longer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sign in: Please wait for the User Profile Service takes longer and longer: Hi,fresh installation of windows three weeks ago. I have Office 365 accounts and windows helo enabled.All the time when i re install fresh windows version the sign in takes first 1 second, then 2 minutes, and now 4 minutes. I know that after one month, it takes 10 minutes and...
  6. Sign in: Please wait for the User Profile Service takes longer and longer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sign in: Please wait for the User Profile Service takes longer and longer: Hi,fresh installation of windows three weeks ago. I have Office 365 accounts and windows helo enabled.All the time when i re install fresh windows version the sign in takes first 1 second, then 2 minutes, and now 4 minutes. I know that after one month, it takes 10 minutes and...
  7. Win10 Slow Login process caused by waiting for the user profile service

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10 Slow Login process caused by waiting for the user profile service: My computer suffers from a slow login screen, after I've entered my password. This lasts between 10 and 30 minutes. Having turned on verbose status messages, I can see that it is hanging on "please wait for the user profile service". Using MSConfig to run a diagnostic setup,...
  8. Windows Slow Logon "Please Wait for the User Profile Service"

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Slow Logon "Please Wait for the User Profile Service": I'm experiencing an issue with slow logons when rdp-ing to virtual environments. Windows always gets stuck on "Please wait for the user profile service" which can take upwards of 10 minutes to load. If I logon as a different account, whether its local or another domain...
  9. Please wait for the User Profile Service

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Please wait for the User Profile Service: After a recent update I have been getting this message during Windows login for 5-7 minutes before windows will let me log in. I have no idea how to fix this. Can anyone help? Do I need to provide system specifications? submitted by /u/themaximusrex [link] [comments]...
  10. Windows 10: The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10: The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be...: I had this exact message on my main desktop pc after trying to log on immediately after Win10 updates were installed. Having found an old Win10 thread with the same title but without the bracketed wording, it seemed there was a solution. However, my need was for a working...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. waiting for user profile service windows 10

2. user profile cannot be loaded

3. please wait for user profile service windows 10

4. windows 10 waiting for the user profile