Windows 10: Wake from Sleep with Touch Pad and Keyboard

Discus and support Wake from Sleep with Touch Pad and Keyboard in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I'm new to the forums and I need help waking my laptop with my in-built touch pad and keyboard. To do so I need to enable a setting on my Touch Pad... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SamTheGr8est, Apr 10, 2016.

1. Wake from Sleep with Touch Pad and Keyboard

Hi, I'm new to the forums and I need help waking my laptop with my in-built touch pad and keyboard. To do so I need to enable a setting on my Touch Pad and Keyboard driver/device properties, which should be located underneath the 'Power Management' tab. However, there is no such tab. I have also tried to use the 'powercfg -deviceenablewake' command, with Admin rights, to no avail. Please help me! This is causing major headaches when I my laptop goes to sleep! *Huh
    Note: I have recently installed Windows 10, as my old HDD 'failed', installed/updated all my drivers, disabled hibernation mode and am using all in-built components (ie: no USB keyboard/mouse).

:)

SamTheGr8est, Apr 10, 2016

2. Windows 10 wont go to sleep

Hello again,

Second option works ( I didnt use 2nd option correctly before), but now I cant wake up pc with touch pad or with keyboard which was working fine with sleep mode before the update. Now I have to press the power button again to wake up pc.

JozeKokalj, Apr 10, 2016
  3. waking up issues

hi , i am aman . ihave a hp notebook with pre installed windows 10 later i joined windows insider program an installed the builds . now when i wake up my laptop fromm sleep by touching the mouse pad/touch pad . past days it worked weel but now i use to wak
    e up my laptop by touching the touch pad two times the first touch doesnot wake up and th e second touch wake up, i hope you understood well . but in the past i waked up only with one touch.

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Performance & system failures

Aman Kumar365, Apr 10, 2016
  4. RWOne Win User

Wake from Sleep with Touch Pad and Keyboard

You won't find driver properties there.

Right click start and select device manager, then go to your KB and Mouse items, right click and select properties, but I've looked at mine for my laptop, and there is no power management tab there.

Are you sure it may not be asking you to check a BIOS setting for power management to allow KB/mse to wake it?

By default KB /mse should wake it with no further action.

List your laptop make, model, screenshot of device manager with what's listed for KB and mse.

RWOne, Apr 10, 2016
  5. How I wake mine from sleep is
    When I open the lid
    Which you can set up under Power Options
    Go to Settings
    System
    Power and Sleep
    Then Additional Settings
    Click
    Then set it up there

hTconeM9user, Apr 10, 2016
  6. My laptop is an ASUS X55LA. I have attached both photos and yes, I was referring to the device manager. BTW there is no 'Power Management' settings in my BIOS.

Wake from Sleep with Touch Pad and Keyboard [​IMG]

7. There is no setting for 'Close Lid Action' which is probably what you are referring to.

8. Wake from Sleep with Touch Pad and Keyboard

In Power Options
    You need
    Choose what closing the lid does
    If it is already open
    Then just touching the space bar wakes mine up

hTconeM9user, Apr 10, 2016
  9. The lid closing setting and the Mouse/Keyboard wake up capability are completely unrelated.

10. RWOne Win User
    Perhaps is is not sleeping but hibernating.

Launch and elevated Command Prompt and enter the following command (there is no output)

powercfg /h off

Then restart it

RWOne, Apr 10, 2016
  11. I have already disabled hibernation, but alas I will try again.

12. Right to try and help you lets try it this way
    Start
    Right Click
    Scroll to Power Options
    Which you will see in the menu
    Click on that
    You will see
    6-7 things you can do
    Read through them
    I have mine so when I close the lid it goes to sleep
    When I open lid it wakes up
    If after 20 mins of non activity the screen goes dark
    Once screen saver has finished
    I then tap the space bar or touch pad
    It starts up again that is not sleep but hiberanate
    If I want it shut down completely
    Then I do Start
    Right click
    Scroll down to sign out or shut down
    Never come across what you are on about

hTconeM9user, Apr 14, 2016
  13. davidhk Win User

To : SamTheGr8est

In the search box, type keyboard > Enter > Hardware > click Properties > click Change settings > Power Management tab
    Is there a checkmark at Allow this device to wake the computer ?
    If not, check it > OK when done.

davidhk, Apr 14, 2016
  14. That whole tab is missing, is there any way to restore it?

SamTheGr8est, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Wake from Sleep with Touch Pad and Keyboard - Similar Threads - Wake Sleep Touch

2. Keyboard, touch pad and onscreen keyboard stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard, touch pad and onscreen keyboard stopped working: My hp pavilion 360 convertible keyboard stopped working. I uninstalled and reinstalled windows 10, then the touchpad and onscreen keyboard stopped working too. I cannot type at all. Help!!!...
  3. keyboard and touch pad quit working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    keyboard and touch pad quit working: I have an HP laptop and cannot use my laptop keyboard or touchpad. I have an external keyboard and mouse that I am currently using to type this. I did an HP diagnostics and spoke to an agent. they say it is a microsoft 10 problem. How do I fix this?...
  4. touch pad

touch pad: .Hello, I have an Dell Inspiron 5558 and I was trying to find a setting that would disable the touch pad when I had a USB mouse plugged in, I know I can disable it in Device manager but when the computer restarts it is enabled again even though the Device Manager says it is...
  5. Keyboard and Touch pad don't work

Keyboard and Touch pad don't work: I factory reset my laptop a couple of weeks ago. When I did, it updated my Windows 10 to a more current version. After this update I have been unable to use my keyboard and touchpad. When I go into the bios both still work, but once Windows boots they don't work again. I have...
  6. Malfunctioning of touch pad and keyboard

Malfunctioning of touch pad and keyboard: Hello, I have Lenovo G40-70, winfdows 10 Recently I have been observing a strange behavior. The delete button doesn't work when I press it, but at randomly. Then it doesn't stop deleting the text until it deletes everything in the text box. Initially thought hardware button...
  7. Touch Pad

Touch Pad: I just purchased my HP Envy 17 yesterday! I love it!. I am having a problem with my touch pad not working correctly. It will disable at random times. I can still move the cursor but essentially it will not let me "tap" or "click"...
  8. laptop keyboard and touch pad is not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    laptop keyboard and touch pad is not working: After reinstalling windows 10,my laptop's keyboard and touch pad doesn't works after 2 or 3 days. But actually turns off by itself. We have done everything but all insane.Please help me!...
  9. Keyboard and touch pad issue

Keyboard and touch pad issue: I have HP x360 laptop with Windows 10 on it. The problem is my keyboard and touch pad only works in BIOS mode but not when Windows get loaded. I have tried installing different OS too (Windows 7, Windows 8) but the problem still persists. During hardware tests, the keyboard...
  10. touch pad

in Windows 10 Customization
    touch pad: I bought a acer aspire 3, when I was trying to configure the touch pad settings and turned off touchpad. Am unable to turn on the touch pad even after restarting. can anyone help me with this issue ??...