Windows 10: I am unable to wake up my Dell computer after installing Windows 10

Discus and support I am unable to wake up my Dell computer after installing Windows 10 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I am unable to wake up my Dell computer after installing Windows 10.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by PelcoSystems, Jan 23, 2020.

1. I am unable to wake up my Dell computer after installing Windows 10

I am unable to wake up my Dell computer after installing Windows 10.

:)

PelcoSystems, Jan 23, 2020

2. Will not wake from sleep

Hi,

Thank you for keeping us posted.

I would suggest you to try the steps below to open the power troubleshooter

1. Press Windows key + R to open the run command.

2. Type control and press enter to open control panel.

3. Type troubleshooting in the control panel search box.

4. On the left side, click on "troubleshooting".

5. Click "view all" on the left pane.

6. Run the power troubleshooter.

To make sure your devices are set to wake the computer up, I would suggest you to follow the steps below:

• 1. Press Windows key + R

2. Type devmgmt.msc and press enter.

3. Expand keyboard, it will display your keyboard, right click and go to properties.

4. Select Power management.

5. Check Allow this device to wake the computer.
    Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Jan 23, 2020
  3. Sleep / Wake Function, malfunctions after waking

Hi,

Issues that arise after waking up the PC from sleep mode might have been caused by a software conflict or system file corruption. For us to clarify the issue, we would like to ask these questions:

• What is the exact issue that you are experiencing?
    • Did you notice any recent system changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you encountered any error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

If you are having issues waking your PC from sleep, we suggest running the
    Power troubleshooter
    as an initial troubleshooting. Kindly follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Troubleshoot, and then press Enter.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, click on Power.
    • Click on Run the troubleshooter button.
    • Follow the onscreen guide.

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Jan 23, 2020
  4. I am unable to wake up my Dell computer after installing Windows 10

wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 23, 2020
Thema:

I am unable to wake up my Dell computer after installing Windows 10

1. I am unable to wake up my Dell computer after installing Windows 10 - Similar Threads - unable wake Dell

2. I am unable to schedule wake timers in windows 10 and windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am unable to schedule wake timers in windows 10 and windows 11: I am living the definition of insanity here:repetition with an expected different outcome. The Power Management boxes of many devices have been triggered on/off, used powercfg in many ways and have worked with power off state 4 only since my laptop supports only it. Hibernate...
  3. I am unable to schedule wake timers in windows 10 and windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am unable to schedule wake timers in windows 10 and windows 11: I am living the definition of insanity here:repetition with an expected different outcome. The Power Management boxes of many devices have been triggered on/off, used powercfg in many ways and have worked with power off state 4 only since my laptop supports only it. Hibernate...
  4. I am unable to schedule wake timers in windows 10 and windows 11

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Why am I unable to install video drivers on my computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why am I unable to install video drivers on my computer?: Hello, I am using a Windows 10 Acer Computer with a Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050 graphics card. The computer is the Acer Nitro N50-600-EB11.I was trying to update my graphics drivers earlier, due to some programs not running with my current version, when the drivers suddenly...
  6. Why am I unable to install video drivers on my computer?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why am I unable to install video drivers on my computer?: Hello, I am using a Windows 10 Acer Computer with a Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050 graphics card. The computer is the Acer Nitro N50-600-EB11.I was trying to update my graphics drivers earlier, due to some programs not running with my current version, when the drivers suddenly...
  7. I am unable to start my computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I am unable to start my computer: Hi! As the title suggests I am unable to start my computer.Automatic repair fails. Can't get into safe mode. Don't have a recovery image. Can't uninstall any feature or quality updates. I've got a Windows 10 CD but unable to repair or do a clean install as I can't start the...
  8. Unable to wake up Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Unable to wake up Windows 10 PC: I am unable to wake up my Dell computer after installing Windows 10. ***Original Title: Wake Up*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-wake-up-windows-10-pc/9a170fc7-7c20-429c-bd9d-390ace0d3070
  9. I have a problem as I am trying to wake up my computer.

I have a problem as I am trying to wake up my computer.: Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 10.0.18914.1001 AMD64 Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Loading Dump File [C:\Users\anath\Desktop\minidump\090119-10593-01.dmp] Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available Mini Kernel...
  10. Dell desktop computer has hard time waking up after sleep

Dell desktop computer has hard time waking up after sleep: I have a Dell desktop computer with Windows 10 home edition. When the computer goes to sleep and I try to wake it up, it goes through a few tries of energy saver before it stays on. The screen just goes dark for a few seconds and the Dell logo shows. It will recycle recycle...