Windows 10: Waking from sleep, screen continuously flickers and refreshes

Discus and support Waking from sleep, screen continuously flickers and refreshes in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have an Asus Zenbook UX303LA, and I upgraded to 10 yesterday. When I put the comp to sleep and wake it up by opening the lid, the screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Sanada1615, Aug 16, 2015.

1. Waking from sleep, screen continuously flickers and refreshes

Hello, I have an Asus Zenbook UX303LA, and I upgraded to 10 yesterday. When I put the comp to sleep and wake it up by opening the lid, the screen begins blacking out and refreshing. Everything else seems fine--I can open apps, navigate the desktop and so on, in between the black outs. The problem has so far been solved by restarting each time. I can't find any information on this issue, so I don't know what might be causing it (driver incompatibility with 10 seems a likely culprit--this was not at all an issue with 8.1, which is what I was running prior to the upgrade).

Thank you for your help!

:)

Sanada1615, Aug 16, 2015

2. Sleep mode wake up not functioning

In other to remove a third party anti virus app and not properly working store apps, I recently Refreshed my computer believing the insurance Microsoft gives us that by doing a Refresh---no file will be deleted ,I can get faster experience ,etc.. However
    problem starts with waking the computer up from sleep ,waking up sleep gives a me white flickering screen ,I have to plug out the battery every time the computer sleeps, why is it?

RomioMeitei, Aug 16, 2015
  3. Screen continually flickers after waking from sleep

Hi Chuck,

This issue often caused by an outdated display driver or an incompatible application. To help you figure out where this issue is coming from, kindly follow the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10

Let us know if you have further concerns.

Janeane Cru, Aug 16, 2015
  4. Waking from sleep, screen continuously flickers and refreshes

Actually, I found my own solution. Simply going into the device manager, display device, and using Windows to search the web for a driver update (an option in the properties menu of the display device), I downloaded an updated driver, and the problem went away.

Sanada1615, Aug 16, 2015
  5. YFN
    yfn Win User
    My Asus UX303LB had problems at sleep and wake up. After trying different things the problem was solved when I disabled the NVIIA Geforce 940M driver. There was no update available for this drive and I fine with it now as I don't play games. The display is working fine without it.

6. MRTPoke1 Win User
    I experienced something sort of similar--after waking the computer up from sleep, the screen would flicker, but not the black and white flashing. It looks like the lower 3/4 of the screen have dancing black lines across it and the screen image is distorted. It seems like the screen itself is damaged, but it only happens after waking up from sleep. It also doesn't happen consistently--only occasionally. I would think that if the screen was dying, it would happen at other times too. I don't play games, I do sometimes watch movies, but most of the time I use it for online research and word processor. All my drivers are up to date, and I've run DISM, which came back with no issues detected. Can anyone suggest to me something I might be doing to cause this, or a method of fixing this? Thanks!

MRTPoke1, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Waking from sleep, screen continuously flickers and refreshes

1. Waking from sleep, screen continuously flickers and refreshes - Similar Threads - Waking sleep screen

2. Problem when trying to wake from screen sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem when trying to wake from screen sleep: I recently updated to the latest version of Windows 10 so I could use the Xbox game pass for PC. Ever since then every time my computer goes into sleep mode I can’t wake it from sleep without having to restart. It’s just screen sleep, not full pc sleep (I don’t have an issue...
  3. Will not wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Will not wake up from sleep: I have 1809-17763.379 and if I choose sleep by right clicking the start button the computer will not wake up with the mouse or keyboard. It will wake up from screensaver with the mouse. If I push the power button it will wake up. Any suggestions will be appreciated. 130026
  4. waking from sleep.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    waking from sleep.: I have just changed from Win 10 home 32 bit to the 64 bit version. The crap I had with it starting up, shutting down the doing full cold boot after waking from sleep with a long time to come up still exists. I do not believe I am the only person in the world with this...
  5. Blue screen after waking pc from sleep...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen after waking pc from sleep...: Hi, When I woke pc from sleep it showed something like this: [ATTACH] So I went to event view and searched for errors. And there were 2 for the exact time that happened (under Windows Logs). Here's details of #1: Log Name: System Source:...
  6. Screen dim after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen dim after waking from sleep: Recently I have been finding that when I wake my laptop from sleep, the screen is set to minimum brightness, even though it was at maximum brightness when I put it to sleep. I've only been having this problem recently — before that I was using Windows 10 without running into...
  7. No Sound on Wake from Sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Sound on Wake from Sleep: I'm using an ASUS Xonar DSX sound card running the latest UNi Xonar driver. Whenever I wake my computer up from sleep, I don't get any sound from my speakers until I change the Analog Out destination in the Xonar DSX Audio Center application. My sound works perfectly...
  8. Dead Screen AFTER waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Dead Screen AFTER waking up from sleep: Hi there, Recently I reinstalled windows 10 due to failure of reset/refresh as there is Windows B.T couldn't be deleted, and I tried to remove using disk cleanup, turned out that it doesn't work. Then I tried to use "take ownership" registry to delete the folder. (It...
  9. will not wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    will not wake from sleep: I have a 4 yr old custom built desktop upgraded from Win 7 pro to Win 10 pro about 8 months ago. Up until two weeks ago the sleep/wake up has worked perfect. Now the unit will not wake from sleep. I have tried everything I have seen and nothing has worked. It has to be booted...
  10. Screen flicker and Sleep mode issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen flicker and Sleep mode issues: Hi, If I'm using battery power, my screen flickers, then goes fuzzy then comes back to normal on a cycle. If I use mains this problem doesn't occur. When on mains power, if my screen goes into energy saver mode it won't wake up again. If I put my laptop into sleep mode...