Windows 10: Waking from sleep, screen continuously flickers and refreshes

Discus and support Waking from sleep, screen continuously flickers and refreshes in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have an Asus Zenbook UX303LA, and I upgraded to 10 yesterday. When I put the comp to sleep and wake it up by opening the lid, the screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Sanada1615, Aug 16, 2015.

1. Waking from sleep, screen continuously flickers and refreshes

Hello, I have an Asus Zenbook UX303LA, and I upgraded to 10 yesterday. When I put the comp to sleep and wake it up by opening the lid, the screen begins blacking out and refreshing. Everything else seems fine--I can open apps, navigate the desktop and so on, in between the black outs. The problem has so far been solved by restarting each time. I can't find any information on this issue, so I don't know what might be causing it (driver incompatibility with 10 seems a likely culprit--this was not at all an issue with 8.1, which is what I was running prior to the upgrade).

Thank you for your help!

:)

Sanada1615, Aug 16, 2015

2. Sleep mode wake up not functioning

In other to remove a third party anti virus app and not properly working store apps, I recently Refreshed my computer believing the insurance Microsoft gives us that by doing a Refresh---no file will be deleted ,I can get faster experience ,etc.. However
    problem starts with waking the computer up from sleep ,waking up sleep gives a me white flickering screen ,I have to plug out the battery every time the computer sleeps, why is it?

RomioMeitei, Aug 16, 2015
  3. Screen continually flickers after waking from sleep

Hi Chuck,

This issue often caused by an outdated display driver or an incompatible application. To help you figure out where this issue is coming from, kindly follow the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10

Let us know if you have further concerns.

Janeane Cru, Aug 16, 2015
  4. Waking from sleep, screen continuously flickers and refreshes

Actually, I found my own solution. Simply going into the device manager, display device, and using Windows to search the web for a driver update (an option in the properties menu of the display device), I downloaded an updated driver, and the problem went away.

Sanada1615, Aug 16, 2015
  5. YFN
    yfn Win User
    My Asus UX303LB had problems at sleep and wake up. After trying different things the problem was solved when I disabled the NVIIA Geforce 940M driver. There was no update available for this drive and I fine with it now as I don't play games. The display is working fine without it.

6. MRTPoke1 Win User
    I experienced something sort of similar--after waking the computer up from sleep, the screen would flicker, but not the black and white flashing. It looks like the lower 3/4 of the screen have dancing black lines across it and the screen image is distorted. It seems like the screen itself is damaged, but it only happens after waking up from sleep. It also doesn't happen consistently--only occasionally. I would think that if the screen was dying, it would happen at other times too. I don't play games, I do sometimes watch movies, but most of the time I use it for online research and word processor. All my drivers are up to date, and I've run DISM, which came back with no issues detected. Can anyone suggest to me something I might be doing to cause this, or a method of fixing this? Thanks!

MRTPoke1, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Waking from sleep, screen continuously flickers and refreshes

1. Waking from sleep, screen continuously flickers and refreshes - Similar Threads - Waking sleep screen

2. Windows 11 black screen flickering after waking from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 black screen flickering after waking from sleep mode: My specs:Windows 11RTX 3060Ryzen 5So I’ve been dealing with issue for a while now where when I wake my screen from sleep mode it randomly turns black for 1-2 seconds, and then it appears again. What should I do?...
  3. Windows 11 black screen flickering after waking from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 black screen flickering after waking from sleep mode: My specs:Windows 11RTX 3060Ryzen 5So I’ve been dealing with issue for a while now where when I wake my screen from sleep mode it randomly turns black for 1-2 seconds, and then it appears again. What should I do?...
  4. Flickering screen after waking from Hibernation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Flickering screen after waking from Hibernation: On my Lenovo Yoga C940 running Windows 10 Pro 21H1, I have the issue of a flickering black screen when I resume the device from hibernation and I move the mouse or glidepad cursor around the screen touch screen is working without issues.I have reinstalled the system from...
  5. Flickering screen after waking from Hibernation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flickering screen after waking from Hibernation: On my Lenovo Yoga C940 running Windows 10 Pro 21H1, I have the issue of a flickering black screen when I resume the device from hibernation and I move the mouse or glidepad cursor around the screen touch screen is working without issues.I have reinstalled the system from...
  6. Flickering screen after waking from Hibernation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Screen Flickering while waking laptop from sleep! - Help Needed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen Flickering while waking laptop from sleep! - Help Needed: Hi Community!I'm asking this question on-behalf of my friend.His laptop is HP Pavilion Intel Core i5-1035G1, 12GB DDR4 RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD. The screen is flickering when waking the laptop from sleep and even sometimes from lock state. But if he restart, then no issue. After...
  8. Screen flicker after waking up from sleep on Windows 10 laptop.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen flicker after waking up from sleep on Windows 10 laptop.: Hello! I'm currently using Razer Blade 15 and for the past week I've been experiencing weird screen flickers after the computer wakes from sleep. I have tried reinstalling the display adapters drivers both for Intel GPU and dedicated NVIDIA GPU. I've checked the power...
  9. PC Continually Waking itself from sleep

in Windows 10 Customization
    PC Continually Waking itself from sleep: I basically went into a tech coma for a year and didn't do anything with my computer. In that time, my teenage son devastated my computer. Multiple crashes and virus infestations. I thought I had it cleaned up, but I am having doubts. My computer is constantly waking itself...
  10. PC Continually Waking itself from sleep.

in Windows 10 Support
    PC Continually Waking itself from sleep.: I basically went into a tech coma for a year and didn't do anything with my computer. In that time, my teenage son devastated my computer. Multiple crashes and virus infestations. I thought I had it cleaned up, but I am having doubts. My computer is constantly waking itself...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cpu spikes and screen flickers after waking from sleep windows 10