Windows 10: Waking surface pro from sleep

Discus and support Waking surface pro from sleep in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Can someone show how to wake a Surface Pro with Window 10 installed from sleep to run a scheduled task? it seems like Connected Standby mode disables... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ahmd, Jun 6, 2018.

1. ahmd Win User

Waking surface pro from sleep

Can someone show how to wake a Surface Pro with Window 10 installed from sleep to run a scheduled task? it seems like Connected Standby mode disables all desktop apps from waking it from a sleep mode. For instance, a task in the task scheduler to wake up is simply ignored until I manually wake it up.

:)

ahmd, Jun 6, 2018
  2. SokthearithYi Win User

Surface Pro 4 screen not turn on after sleep

Hi, thank you. I could restart my surface pro 4 but still could not fix the Surface Pro 4 screen not turn on after sleep. I am still looking forward to hearing more suggestions to fix the black screen after sleep.

SokthearithYi, Jun 8, 2018
  3. Eeshwar Kumar Win User
    Surface Pro 4 screen not turn on after sleep

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply and updating on the status.

I suggest you to perform a Power Drain by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Hold the power button down 20-30 seconds.
    • Hold the volume rocker up and power on for almost 15 seconds.
    • After you release the buttons, wait 10 seconds.
    • Press and release the power button to turn your Surface back on.

Also, refer the post by Josh_F from the link provided below:

Surface Pro 4 - Screen won't wake from sleep

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 8, 2018
Thema:

Waking surface pro from sleep

1. Waking surface pro from sleep - Similar Threads - Waking surface pro

2. Surface Pro Type Cover Stopped Working After Waking From Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Pro Type Cover Stopped Working After Waking From Sleep Mode: I got a type cover for my surface pro, and attached it and it worked immediately out of the box and I used it just fine for several hours. Then I put the pro in sleep mode and set it down for a few hours. When I later opened it back up and tried to wake it up, the type cover...
  3. Waking pc from sleep with the mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Waking pc from sleep with the mouse: Up until yesterday, if my pc was in sleep mode and I wanted to use it, I simply had to click the mouse and it would kick into life. That doesn't happen anymore and I can't seem to get the answer. I thought about doing a system restore but I discovered this morning that the...
  4. BSOD When Waking from Sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD When Waking from Sleep: Just built a new computer. All of the drives and the Windows installation is the same as in the old system. I don't know if the issue would have occurred in the old system as I never tried to put my computer to sleep. I was getting one BSOD when waking from sleep (something...
  5. No Sound on Wake from Sleep

No Sound on Wake from Sleep: I'm using an ASUS Xonar DSX sound card running the latest UNi Xonar driver. Whenever I wake my computer up from sleep, I don't get any sound from my speakers until I change the Analog Out destination in the Xonar DSX Audio Center application. My sound works perfectly...
  6. Surface Pro sleep/wake buttion

Surface Pro sleep/wake buttion: i just installed W10TP (9926) on my surfacepro. i got everything working but the sleep/wake button i got the driver pack but the device manager says everything is good... do you know where i can find the driver? Thanks! 4302
  7. Wake from sleep issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Wake from sleep issue: New to tenforums. I work in the forestry field. We utilize Dell tablets running Windows 10 anniversary edition (10.0.14393 N/A Build 14393).These devices are used to collect data in the forest. We are collecting data for 6 to 8 hours at a time. The Dell tablets last this long...
  8. cannot wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    cannot wake from sleep: Not sure if this has any bearing on your specific situation......but since the spectre/meltdown exploit, mobo manufacturers have developed a new bios for this. But you have to create a support ticket (especially with Gigabyte) and request the udated bios. They're not...
  9. Monitor waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitor waking from sleep: I have my settings configured so my monitor will go to sleep. It goes to sleep but then immediately wakes back up. Looking to see what is waking it shows unknown? [img] Any idea on what is causing it to wake up? I think it's the new monitor because it didn't happen...
  10. will not wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    will not wake from sleep: I have a 4 yr old custom built desktop upgraded from Win 7 pro to Win 10 pro about 8 months ago. Up until two weeks ago the sleep/wake up has worked perfect. Now the unit will not wake from sleep. I have tried everything I have seen and nothing has worked. It has to be booted...