Windows 10: Waking surface pro from sleep

Discus and support Waking surface pro from sleep in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Can someone show how to wake a Surface Pro with Window 10 installed from sleep to run a scheduled task? it seems like Connected Standby mode disables... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ahmd, Jun 6, 2018.

1. ahmd Win User

Waking surface pro from sleep

Can someone show how to wake a Surface Pro with Window 10 installed from sleep to run a scheduled task? it seems like Connected Standby mode disables all desktop apps from waking it from a sleep mode. For instance, a task in the task scheduler to wake up is simply ignored until I manually wake it up.

:)

ahmd, Jun 6, 2018

2. Surface Pro 4 screen not turn on after sleep

Hi, thank you. I could restart my surface pro 4 but still could not fix the Surface Pro 4 screen not turn on after sleep. I am still looking forward to hearing more suggestions to fix the black screen after sleep.

SokthearithYi, Jun 8, 2018
  3. Surface Pro 4 screen not turn on after sleep

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply and updating on the status.

I suggest you to perform a Power Drain by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Hold the power button down 20-30 seconds.
    • Hold the volume rocker up and power on for almost 15 seconds.
    • After you release the buttons, wait 10 seconds.
    • Press and release the power button to turn your Surface back on.

Also, refer the post by Josh_F from the link provided below:

Surface Pro 4 - Screen won't wake from sleep

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 8, 2018
Thema:

Waking surface pro from sleep

1. Waking surface pro from sleep - Similar Threads - Waking surface pro

2. Surface 7 on Windows 10 doesn't wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface 7 on Windows 10 doesn't wake from sleep: Every evening, I leave my surface on and it goes to sleep as per my power settings. In the morning, my surface won't wake up. I press a key on the keyboard, press the noise, the power button, but nothing works. I have to hold the Power button for 20 seconds to restart my...
  3. Surface Pro Wake On Lan

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Surface Pro Wake On Lan: Hi all I am on a Surface Pro 6 running the 20H2 Windows 10 build. Plugged into Surface dock with ethernet cable and AC always powered. Trying to get Wake On Lan working on it. Have installed the WOL driver from Microsoft here:...
  4. Surface book 2 won't wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Surface book 2 won't wake from sleep: This started a few weeks ago. Once my machine goes to sleep, I cannot wake it up. I can only do a hard reboot by holding the power button down for a long time. How do I fix this?...
  5. Surface Go Type Cover does not wake Surface Go from sleep

Surface Go Type Cover does not wake Surface Go from sleep: Hi, This is a pretty straightforward problem. My Surface Go Type cover will simply not wake my Surface Go 1 from sleep. I have to press the power button and enter my pin using the touchscreen in order to get into my account. Occasionally, I'll have to disconnect and...
  6. Surface Pro 7 crashes when waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro 7 crashes when waking up from sleep: Happened four times during one month. SP7 is docked to an external monitor via USB C, plugged to its own power adapter. Surface display is turned off due to the cover keyboard being closed. Using wireless keyboard and mouse via usb dongle Microsoft Wireless Desktop 900....
  7. My surface pro 5 fails to sleep and wake up

My surface pro 5 fails to sleep and wake up: Hi, Recently I have been finding that when I wake my surface pro up from sleeping, it has rebooted and things like my Hyper-V VM has not been shut down gracefully. Is there any reason this would be happening? I have checked my update history and there has not been an...
  8. Surface Pro Type Cover Stopped Working After Waking From Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Pro Type Cover Stopped Working After Waking From Sleep Mode: I got a type cover for my surface pro, and attached it and it worked immediately out of the box and I used it just fine for several hours. Then I put the pro in sleep mode and set it down for a few hours. When I later opened it back up and tried to wake it up, the type cover...
  9. Surface Pro sleep/wake buttion

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro sleep/wake buttion: i just installed W10TP (9926) on my surfacepro. i got everything working but the sleep/wake button i got the driver pack but the device manager says everything is good... do you know where i can find the driver? Thanks! 4302
  10. will not wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    will not wake from sleep: I have a 4 yr old custom built desktop upgraded from Win 7 pro to Win 10 pro about 8 months ago. Up until two weeks ago the sleep/wake up has worked perfect. Now the unit will not wake from sleep. I have tried everything I have seen and nothing has worked. It has to be booted...