Windows 10: Walk the dogs twice a day [WinPrivacy & WinAntiRansom]

Discus and support Walk the dogs twice a day [WinPrivacy & WinAntiRansom] in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Walk the dogs twice a day [WinPrivacy & WinAntiRansom] Best to have these two "dog pics" as TaskbarPins and in the Taskbar notifications. Because... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RolandJS, Oct 28, 2015.

1. RolandJS Win User

Walk the dogs twice a day [WinPrivacy & WinAntiRansom]

Best to have these two "dog pics" as TaskbarPins and in the Taskbar notifications.

Because these two are not really "set it and forget it" utilities, at least once in the morning and once in the early evening, I click on these two. I make sure the user name and license has not been "kicked out."

WinPrivacy's Blocked Programs -- anything in there that you know is good, right click on it and choose Allow Program. It will be moved to the Allowed area.

WinAntiRansom's Programs -- for me, the least hassle is to make sure all known good programs, side EXEs are green-clicked [by the program and/or by me] in the PreEmptive Strike column.
    **Think of lawyers for both sides pre-emptively striking a potential juror from having to be further grilled and vetted. That is the pre-emptive strike within WinAntiRansom. **

WinAntiRansom's SafeZone.
    Doesn't protect programs, utilities, EXEs.
    It simply allows the end-user to specify which applications, utilities, reader/writer, programs,
    are allowed to view, read from, write to data files, zip files,
    that have been copied into or moved into said Safe Zone.

In short, walk the dogs at least twice a day.

:)

RolandJS, Oct 28, 2015

2. How to automatically lock a PC at a certain time on Windows 10?

Original Title: lock computer if dog not walked

I am wondering about if its possible to lock my computer at a certain time and not be able to unlock it until i have walked to a certain destinasjon. I have a little problem where i am too much on the computer and i have a dog that need to get some walking.
    I want to be able to lock my computer at 12 in the morning and not be able to unlock it until i have walked to a certain point. I do carry my phone all the time so using the GPS to see if i have reached the spot is not a problem.

rexthecapt, Oct 28, 2015
  3. pjtoledo Win User
    How to answer a call with gloves on?

While walking the dog on a cold night, I couldn't figure out how to answer my Kin TwoM because the screen wouldn't respond to my gloves. How can I answer without taking my gloves off & missing the call or how can I call back without taking my gloves off?

pjtoledo, Oct 28, 2015
  4. RolandJS Win User

WinAntiRansom's SafeZone.
    Doesn't protect programs, utilities, EXEs.
    It simply allows the end-user to specify which applications, utilities, reader/writer, programs,
    are allowed to view, read from, write to data files, zip files,
    that have been copied into or moved into said Safe Zone.
    Again, walk the dogs at least twice a day.

RolandJS, Oct 29, 2015
  5. DeathStalker, Oct 29, 2015
  6. RolandJS Win User
    RolandJS, Oct 29, 2015
  7. altae Win User
    Since I run a decent AV software/ firewall plus Malwarebytes plus I frequently do backups I'm not really afraid of ransom ware. I think the whole Windows security market is running amok, offering more and more tools nobody really needs. All known threats can be dealt with using the decades old tools like AV software, firewall and backups plus common sense while surfing the web.

altae, Oct 31, 2015
  8. Walk the dogs twice a day [WinPrivacy & WinAntiRansom]

Well I don't know about DECADES (Norton and that other useless BLOATWARE program McAfee are decades old and I would put either one of those on an enemies computer,) but Winpatrol is over ten years old (that's one decade for the slow lol).

While I'm glad that in today's world of constantly changing technology that YOU are a Luddite relying on yesterdays technology, some of us aren't and prefer today's solutions for today's problems.

Bragging about not being hacked is like bragging about NOT having cancer. Nothing YOU do really effects either one, but there ARE things you can do to make the event less likely. If Annonymous can hack the FBI, I imagine that if they wanted they could hack you.

Why do people come to a thread about a product they have NEVER heard of and then talk about how bad it is and how no one needs it?

DeathStalker, Oct 31, 2015
  9. altae Win User
    Well have it your way. Fact is nobody needs a dedicated tool to protect themselves from ransom ware. What generally helps against viruses/ malware also helps against ransom ware. And the best is, users with all those hyper protecting programs usually end up posting something like: "Buhuu, my pc with 100 security suites running is so slow, what can I do?".

altae, Oct 31, 2015
  10. Just a note, most ransomware use powershell, Windows scripting and some bitlocker to work.
    Disable those and you are pretty much protected. they are not needed by common users.

TairikuOkami, Oct 31, 2015
  11. RolandJS Win User
    The big advantage for WinAntiRansom, for me, is the ease in which I can "tell" Windows which programs are allowed to read from, write to, in WAR's SafeZone. Right now, it's Beta, and it's causing a little trouble with my Mozilla Thunderbird. I hope the nonBeta versions will iron out the heebie-jeebies.

RolandJS, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Walk the dogs twice a day [WinPrivacy & WinAntiRansom] - Similar Threads - Walk dogs twice

2. BSOD twice in a day, occurring intermittently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD twice in a day, occurring intermittently: I had 2 BSODs today and 1 five days ago. All say "Critical Process Died". All have occurred when I was using Chrome to watch Twitch. I have shared the Minidump files....
  3. BSOD twice in a day, occurring intermittently

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD twice in a day, occurring intermittently: I had 2 BSODs today and 1 five days ago. All say "Critical Process Died". All have occurred when I was using Chrome to watch Twitch. I have shared the Minidump files....
  4. PC bluescreened twice in two days?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC bluescreened twice in two days?: As the title implies, my PC - which I've had for less than a year - has crashed to a bluescreen twice in the past two days. I've been unable to find the cause of the problem, admittedly, and am unsure what exactly to do beyond just getting info about the crash from event...
  5. PC bluescreened twice in two days?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC bluescreened twice in two days?: As the title implies, my PC - which I've had for less than a year - has crashed to a bluescreen twice in the past two days. I've been unable to find the cause of the problem, admittedly, and am unsure what exactly to do beyond just getting info about the crash from event...
  6. PC bluescreened twice in two days?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. BSOD twice a day

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD twice a day: Hello,I have a Dell Latitude 7420 laptop with Windows 10 Enterprise installed. Each BSOD it is either SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION or DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. Let me know what other info I can provide, I was working in Outlook and Excel when these crashes first occurred. I have...
  8. Computer BSODs once/twice a day.

Computer BSODs once/twice a day.: Hi, I recently have wiped my computer. I wiped it because I was getting a lot of BSODs. After wiping, I started noticing fewer BSODs, but still, I get BSODs once/twice a day. Does anybody know how to fix this? Thanks....
  9. BSOD's happened twice in a day

BSOD's happened twice in a day: Hi, While I was playing some games, my pc crashed with irql_not_less_or_equal. I made a quick research at google but nothing pops off. I want to add minidump's but can't find the attachment button. So I upload them here....
  10. Bsod twice a day

Bsod twice a day: Hello, im runing win 10 pro V1909 I experience BSOD lately, about twice a day for the past week. attached is the log file, I would really appreciate your help with this! Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online. thank you in advance!...