Windows 10: Wall socket ethernet connection stopped working

Discus and support Wall socket ethernet connection stopped working in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; when I installed another one to a PC downstairs. We've only just noticed, as we have wireless as well, but my wife said her connection was slow;... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JeremyP99, Dec 23, 2017.

1. JeremyP99 Win User

Wall socket ethernet connection stopped working

when I installed another one to a PC downstairs. We've only just noticed, as we have wireless as well, but my wife said her connection was slow; checked it and the ethernet connection had gone. Unplugged it at both ends and plugged them back in but no go.

Downstairs connection is via a splitter, should that be of consequence. And that one worked fine from the start.

Anyone?

:)

JeremyP99, Dec 23, 2017

2. about lumia 625 net connection to windows 7 PC

Same problem since cyan update cant connect to win7 pc via usb. The micro usb socket still works as it charges fine from the wall. But won't connect to pc at all!!!

spurssimon, Dec 23, 2017
  3. CJLim Win User
    lumia800

You will blow up your phone if you connect your phone directly to a wall socket without a charger /transformer.

CJLim, Dec 23, 2017
  4. JeremyP99 Win User

Sorry, it''s a switch not a splitter

JeremyP99, Dec 23, 2017
  5. Check the wiring in the wall socket at both ends and make sure there are no loose connections, You may also want to check that the cable is not open or shorted. If you have an Ohm Meter you can short one end and test it on the other and you should see if it has an open. Also check without the shorted end as you may have a short. If you have a router reset it and the switch.

Josey Wales, Dec 23, 2017
  6. JeremyP99 Win User
    Socket is sealed, I'm afraid. Also, we are pretty sure that this happened when I installed a new socket pair. I'm going to shut everything down, take out the sockets, replace all bar the downstairs link, and see it then works. If not, I'll investigate further - if it does, then I will add in the downstairs link again and see what happens. This connection had been working for a good couple of years. Thanks

JeremyP99, Dec 23, 2017
  7. bro67 Win User
    Get a Ethernet loop-back tester and see if there is anything wrong. I have had cords go bad because of the plastic that is uses, the tang loses its spring. Also seen jacks go bad.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Wall socket ethernet connection stopped working - Similar Threads - Wall socket ethernet

2. Ethernet connection not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet connection not working: Hi, my LAN cable suddenly stopped working despite being perfectly fine the night before. The cable is still plugged in but my laptop isn't recognizing it.I tried check the wires if there's any physical damage, but there's none. I tried following other forums by restarting my...
  3. Ethernet connection not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet connection not working: Hi, my LAN cable suddenly stopped working despite being perfectly fine the night before. The cable is still plugged in but my laptop isn't recognizing it.I tried check the wires if there's any physical damage, but there's none. I tried following other forums by restarting my...
  4. Ethernet Stops Working

Ethernet Stops Working: Hello. Sometimes when i'm using my PC my Ethernet just stops working. But just randomly, it stops working a few minutes after i started Origin wich is not good sinc i cant play my Origin Games then. I dont know why this keeps happening. Pls give me a solutuion if you have...
  5. Ethernet stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ethernet stopped working: I have insider build 20236 and since update my ethernet has stopped working. I have diagnosed my network controller and reset the network several times. It also crashes a lot with the following, Driver irql not less or equal, tcpip tcpip.sys. Gigabyte MB. exact build 20236rs...
  6. Ethernet connection stopped working overnight

Ethernet connection stopped working overnight: I'm on a Windows 10 computer. Overnight there was a big thunderstorm although I don't think that has anything to do with the ethernet connection, but figured I'd put it in here. System specs : Manufacturer : ABS computer technologies Processor : IntelR Core i7-8700K CPU @...
  7. Anyone’s Ethernet connection randomly stop working?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyone’s Ethernet connection randomly stop working?: My pc stops detecting my Ethernet connection randomly . It started as once every few weeks to now every hour or so and it’s unbearable. I tried a new cord so that’s not it. I’m at a complete loss submitted by /u/CzarTyr [link] [comments]...
  8. Ethernet connection not working.

Ethernet connection not working.: I have a working Ethernet connection but my PC won't recognize it. I can use my web browser and games that use Internet, but anything Microsoft related, such as Microsoft Store and Microsoft Edge, doesn't work. Does anyone have a solution?...
  9. Is this a phone socket or ethernet socket ?

Is this a phone socket or ethernet socket ?: Hi. My brother in law has asked me if I can install broadband in his shed, he has shown me photos of the wired sockets he has but he is unsure what they are and I can't tell for sure from that pic. Could you tell me if that socket in the photo is for a ethernet plug or a...
  10. Ethernet stopped working?

Ethernet stopped working?: My ethernet cord that I have been using for a couple of months just stopped working today. I don't know how to fix it. The outlet in both my computer and the wall usually lights up when its plugged in but neither of them are so I don't know what the problem is 70345