Windows 10: WAMP not working

Discus and support WAMP not working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I updated Win 7 to Win 10. Installed programs such as Office are working fine. Wamp doesn't make it to the final online stage. It says it can't find a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by CalBear37, Jul 28, 2015.

1. CalBear37 Win User

WAMP not working

I updated Win 7 to Win 10. Installed programs such as Office are working fine. Wamp doesn't make it to the final online stage. It says it can't find a file yet the file is clearly there. I uninstalled, cleared all files, rebooted then reinstalled with the same results. Here is the error message and File explorer listing.

WAMP not working [​IMG]

WAMP not working [​IMG]

:)

CalBear37, Jul 28, 2015

2. Wamp Server 64bits does not start on Windows 10

I found that I had to disable IIS, since that software was using port 80, while Wamp wants to use it.

It turned out that change Wamp to use port 8080 doesn't help, and the Wamp services then won't start.

I found this work-around on the Wamp-forum, and on Google.

E.J.KleinVelderman, Jul 28, 2015
  3. PX03AFK Win User
    WAMP Icon not visible in tray even though set to On in settings

The Icon for WAMP appears briefly in the tray when WAMP is starting but then it disappears and becomes a hidden Icon despite that fact that I have set it to be On in the taskbar settings.

* Moved from insider

PX03AFK, Jul 28, 2015
  4. CalBear37 Win User

WAMP not working

I looked at the "solution" to the problem on the Wamp forum. It was very complicated installing some 32 bit sources as well as updating a number of C++ stuff. So much for how easy it is to install Wamp.

So I tried XAMPP, one minor port use tweak it works. Also it was easy to change the web files directory location just as I did with Wamp. I guess this qualifies as a work-around *Smile

CalBear37, Jul 28, 2015
  5. salaroche Win User
    Hi, could you please explain what was the port tweak that solved your problem? After installing Windows 10 my XAMPP Apache refuses to start. The error message I get is this one:

Error: Apache shutdown unexpectedly.
    10:04:53 AM [Apache] This may be due to a blocked port, missing dependencies,
    10:04:53 AM [Apache] improper privileges, a crash, or a shutdown by another method.
    10:04:53 AM [Apache] Check the "/xampp/apache/logs/error.log" file
    10:04:53 AM [Apache] and the Windows Event Viewer for more clues

Thank you for your attention

salaroche, Aug 7, 2015
  6. Swifty Win User
    I went to Control Panel -> Adminstrative Tools -> Component services -> Services(Local) and disabled "World Wide Web Publishing Service"

Swifty, Aug 7, 2015
  7. CalBear37 Win User
    Changes to avoid port 80
    C:\xampp\apache\conf

#Listen 80
    Listen 82

#ServerName localhost:80
    ServerName localhost:82

Interesting: I have a new Dell XPS 8700 running Win 10 and Wamp works great.

CalBear37, Aug 8, 2015
  8. Darkeagle Win User

WAMP not working

this problem may because you have some software like skype which using port 80. must change port on option setting if have it.

Darkeagle, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

WAMP not working

1. WAMP not working - Similar Threads - WAMP working

2. Windows 11 will not allow me to cast from my NEW HP laptop to my TV. It worked fine under...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 will not allow me to cast from my NEW HP laptop to my TV. It worked fine under...: Nothing I do on my new HP Pavilion with Windows 11 Home will allow me to cast movies to my TV. The TV is on the same network. When I want to watch a movie, and I try to cast it, it shows up on the TV name, time line, etc for about 8 seconds while buffering and then nothing...
  3. Windows 11 will not allow me to cast from my NEW HP laptop to my TV. It worked fine under...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 will not allow me to cast from my NEW HP laptop to my TV. It worked fine under...: Nothing I do on my new HP Pavilion with Windows 11 Home will allow me to cast movies to my TV. The TV is on the same network. When I want to watch a movie, and I try to cast it, it shows up on the TV name, time line, etc for about 8 seconds while buffering and then nothing...
  4. Microphone isnt working on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone isnt working on Windows 10: Hello, im having problems with a External Microphone 3.5mm jackWhen i connect the microphone to my PC, it appears normally on the device manager and the "Recording" tab in audio settings, However when i say something it just doesnt work, its silent, i've also tried it with my...
  5. Microphone isnt working on Windows 10

Microphone isnt working on Windows 10: Hello, im having problems with a External Microphone 3.5mm jackWhen i connect the microphone to my PC, it appears normally on the device manager and the "Recording" tab in audio settings, However when i say something it just doesnt work, its silent, i've also tried it with my...
  6. Microphone isnt working on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. can't connect to 127.0.0.1 / localhost WAMP stack in windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    can't connect to 127.0.0.1 / localhost WAMP stack in windows 10: Since i upgraded to Win 10 21H1, I cannot connect to localhost / 127.0.0.1. Prior to the upgrade, http pages were being served by Apache 2 w/ php and mysql. The error message I get in Chrome is "Your Internet access is blocked". I suspect this is likely due to the Win...
  8. Wamp -localhost\mysite to be viewed on moblie

Wamp -localhost\mysite to be viewed on moblie: hi there, how to setup for the new website that i made using Wamp /WordPress - to be able to be viewed on mobile devices/ another pc? Or even go live on web browser? Appreciations,...
  9. How to resolve internal issue on WAMP

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to resolve internal issue on WAMP: I have installed WAMP on windows 10, I have stopped IIS, No skype. WAMP icon is green, Click on WAMP, Click on Localhost Menue Item . I get following error "Could not execute menue Item (internal erro) [exception] could not execute run action; The system can not find...
  10. How to resolve internal error issue on WAMP?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to resolve internal error issue on WAMP?: I have installed WAMP on windows 10, I have stopped IIS, No skype. WAMP icon is green, Click on WAMP, Click on Localhost (first opton). I get following error If I type Localhost on the URL it works fine. I have treid to change the port number. did not help. Any...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. kb299 for wampserver