Windows 10: Want a free program to create and move around text boxes

Discus and support Want a free program to create and move around text boxes in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm looking for a program where I can type the names of program categories into dialog boxes - then type the names of programs in some other boxes.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Nisko, Mar 18, 2018.

1. Nisko Win User

Want a free program to create and move around text boxes

I'm looking for a program where I can type the names of program categories into dialog boxes - then type the names of programs in some other boxes. Then, I'd like to move the boxes around with my cursor and place the programs under the proper categories. I'd probably be changing categories as I go along so I would be deleting some category blocks and creating new ones. Any ideas?

Basically, I want to create text boxes and be able to move them around on a clean slate. Thank you.

:)

Nisko, Mar 18, 2018
  2. LorneP Win User

Windows 10 Photo - adding Text

All I really want is:

A user friendly program that will accept a photo;

Give me a text-box and let me type in my comment;

Choose a font;

Choose a font size;

Choose a type colour;

Choose a background colou;;

Let me move the text-box to the photo.

All done. Next-

LorneP, Mar 18, 2018
  3. CEC OR Win User
    Windows 10 Speech Recognition Show Numbers Issue

But the speech recognition function I'm having a problem with is a Windows application. I happened to describe the problem as I experience it when creating text in Outlook Office emails. The same issue occurs when I use Windows speech recognition to create
    text in an MS Word file. I really just want to know how to disable the Windows navigating functions when using Windows speech recognition. I just want to use speech recognition to create text. And not for moving around the document or navigating between
    applications.

Thanks

CEC OR, Mar 18, 2018
  4. Want a free program to create and move around text boxes

Have you tried the online tools in outlook.com or Google drive.

I imagine you could also do in LibreOffice, either their word processor, spreadsheet or presentation maker.

Think I would use spread sheet. If you want a line around the cell you would format cell to show a line. Thin lines for programs, thick lines for categories.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Mar 18, 2018
  5. Bree New Member
  6. iko22 Win User
    Hello Nisko, I thought it sounded like you wanted some Brainstorming or Topic Map software.

An example of free software would be freemind.

Alternatively Id consider LibreOffice Writer or Draw.

iko22, Mar 18, 2018
  7. Bree New Member
    If it's a document you want then, as others have said, LibreOffice would suit.

I'd use a spreadsheet. Each cell is a 'box you can type text in', and you can click and drag a cell (or group of cells) to rearrange them.

8. Want a free program to create and move around text boxes

and you can format lines around boxes, colour backgrounds etc.

Caledon Ken, Mar 18, 2018
  9. Nisko Win User
    Thank you all for your suggestions. I tried FreeMind but find the learning curve too much for me. I am now working with Organization Chart in Microsoft Office. Not bad, but not exactly what I need. Next, I'll look into LibreOffice and the spreadsheet option. I used to have a flow chart program - but lost it. Maybe there's a free one out there?

Nisko, Mar 19, 2018
  10. Bree New Member
  11. RickC Win User
    Something like Dia? It's a diagramming tool that lets you create and link text boxes.

(Duplicate post.)

RickC, Mar 19, 2018
  12. Bree New Member
    Dia was on of the 'Seven Best...' in that link I gave you in your earlier...

13. Nisko Win User

Thanks again! Sorry, but I missed that link. I'll also take a look at it tomorrow. Thank you........

Nisko, Mar 19, 2018
  14. iko22 Win User
    I had some more ideas:

You might have more luck with Evernote https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/a...rent-notebooks

I use OneNote - which, of course is part of MS Office - .

Evernote is similar to OneNote in that you can organise information into different notebooks.

With OneNote I can also drag text around and move it to where I want it located. If Evernote does this, Im unsure, but it will allow you to create a notebook for, say, each category that you have created.

Another alternative is Jarte or JartePlus. This program is more similar to wordpad, only it alows you to organise "tabs" side by side, and therefore jump to a new tab quite quickly.

iko22, Mar 20, 2018
  15. Nisko Win User
    Thanks again! In OneNote, is the text you can drag around in a box of some sort?

Nisko, Mar 21, 2018
Thema:

1. Want a free program to create and move around text boxes - Similar Threads - free program create

2. Photos Move around

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos Move around: How do I keep my photos from moving around in a Word document that hasn't got any text it? Just photos. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-move-around/0f7ac266-7b31-49e6-9477-6387ca7e152e
  3. Want a Free Back-Up program

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Want a Free Back-Up program: Want a Free Back-Up program that is REAL easy to use as I don't understand alot please. I run Windows 10 Home versionMany thanks and God Bless 180979
  4. Want a Free Back-Up program

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Want a Free Back-Up program: Want a Free Back-Up program that is REAL easy to use as I don't understand alot please. I run Windows 10 Home versionMany thanks and God Bless 180979
  5. Black Text Box around everything my cursor clicks on

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black Text Box around everything my cursor clicks on: I have a black text box surround anything I click my cursor on and sometimes just when I hover with my cursor. This started suddenly. I have turned off the magnifier and turned off narrator. Any suggestions? [ATTACH] [ATTACH][ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  6. Free Program to convert PNG to Text?

Free Program to convert PNG to Text?: Is there a free program I can install (Windows 10 Pro-1909) that will let me convert a PNG to an editable text file? We get a capture using the Nimbus screenshot tool and it saves it as a PNG. However we then wish to just convert it to an editable text file for printing, etc....
  7. AVG free virus program, want it gone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AVG free virus program, want it gone: I have a free AVG virus program never activated on my windows 10 HP PC, I dont want it on there, but no matter what I do I can't get rid of it, please help Thank You william...
  8. Error box moving around screen 'Input not support'

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Error box moving around screen 'Input not support': Booted up AMD with windows 10 and reviewing display settings, now have this error moving over the screen, how do we clear it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-box-moving-around-screen-input-not-support/d76c0dcc-30ca-4bbf-989c-67c1ed0f1d68
  9. Error box moving around screen 'Input not support'

in Windows 10 Customization
    Error box moving around screen 'Input not support': Booted up AMD with windows 10 and reviewing display settings, now have this error moving over the screen, how do we clear it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-box-moving-around-screen-input-not-support/d76c0dcc-30ca-4bbf-989c-67c1ed0f1d68
  10. Need free program to create hierarchies of program types

Need free program to create hierarchies of program types: I'm looking for a program where I can type the names of program categories - then type the names of programs in some other blocks. Then, I'd like to move the blocks around with my cursor and place the programs under the proper categories. I'd probably be changing categories...