want my desktop icons back to original way

Discus and support want my desktop icons back to original way in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; We had an outage problem in our area and everything was cut off. When it came back on my desktop icons were gone . There are some things that are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TrossZZ, Jul 11, 2018 at 7:32 PM.

1. TrossZZ Win User

We had an outage problem in our area and everything was cut off. When it came back on my desktop icons were gone . There are some things that are on right side where icons use to be. But not in same order and some are gone also.

How can I get them back in their original setting. I appreciate any help from anyone.

Thanks,

Teri

:)

2. Peter1986C Win User

Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

3. Divya Murugan Win User
    Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Jul 11, 2018 at 7:49 PM
  4. Vanessa Yar Win User

Desktop Shortcut Icons

Hi Mik-Dav,

The desktop shortcut created for a specific website should bear the website's actual logo. With what you've experienced, there could be something wrong with how the shortcut was created.

If you've created the shortcut by selecting Create shortcut, then we suggest that you try the other way, that is by dragging the website icon that appears in the address bar to your desktop. Follow these steps:

• Using Internet Explorer, access a website.
    • Once the website opens, you will see its icon in the address bar.
    • Click and drag the icon on your desktop.

The website shortcut bearing its actual logo should now be saved on your desktop.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Thema:

1. want my desktop icons back to original way - Similar Threads - desktop icons original

2. Desktop Icons missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Icons missing: After booting, the desktop icons do not appear. Also, when starting a program from task bar or start menu, the program or window does not open. After 2-3 reboots, the problem seems to fix itself ?? Comments welcome !...
  3. Desktop icons are not showing up despite all possible efforts to restore

Desktop icons are not showing up despite all possible efforts to restore: I have Windows 10 and one day randomly all my desktop icons weren't there. If I open up file explorer and go to desktop all the files are there, but i have tried every possible solution on these forums and on youtube and all have fallen short of the desired result....
  4. Certain desktop icons suddenly changed sizes with new grey borders

in Windows 10 Support
    Certain desktop icons suddenly changed sizes with new grey borders: At some point recently, with no relation to anything I was doing (can't remember exactly what I was doing but it was either playing games on steam I've played before, working on word docs, or letting the computer sit afk) a bunch of icons on my desktop shrunk and have a grey...
  5. ctrl+d cause icons on desktop flashing

in Windows 10 Support
    ctrl+d cause icons on desktop flashing: Hello, when i am on desktop and press ctrl+d icons flashes, or i would descibed it like dissaper and reaper quickly. Cant find fix. Please help me with this annoynce ffs! 114017
  6. Desktop icons moving to monitor 2

Desktop icons moving to monitor 2: Is there a known solution for this problem? (Icons moved to the 2nd display after some windows update nearly a year ago - still haven't seen any real fix:-(...)...
  7. Latest update shrunk my desktop icons & text

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Latest update shrunk my desktop icons & text: Hi guys/girls Bit of a strange one here which has affected both my windows 10 pro desktop and laptop. After updating, desktop 10 days ago and laptop this morning, all the desktop icons and text shrunk on both machines, the layout also changed too, with all the icons...
  8. Latest update shrunk my desktop icons/text

in Windows 10 Support
    Latest update shrunk my desktop icons/text: Hi guys/girls Bit of a strange one here which has affected both my windows 10 pro desktop and laptop. After updating, desktop 10 days ago and laptop this morning, all the desktop icons and text shrunk on both machines, the layout also changed too, with all the icons...
  9. desktop icons shrunk after windows 10 update.

desktop icons shrunk after windows 10 update.: Hi, I am having problems after recent updates for windows 10. First thing to change was my keyboard became Americanised. this caused confusion especially when I had to type my email address but I managed to sort it out and it is now back to the UK querty keyboard. However all...
  10. Desktop icons are blank and Windows 10 keeps on opening documents

Desktop icons are blank and Windows 10 keeps on opening documents: Split from this thread. I have the same problem but the change icon button is not available so cannot do any of that. Has anyone any other solutions? All of my icons went blank and also work keeps opening new documents without me wanting them- one after the other. All...