Windows 10: want my desktop icons back to original way

Discus and support want my desktop icons back to original way in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; We had an outage problem in our area and everything was cut off. When it came back on my desktop icons were gone . There are some things that are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TrossZZ, Jul 11, 2018.

1. TrossZZ Win User

want my desktop icons back to original way

We had an outage problem in our area and everything was cut off. When it came back on my desktop icons were gone . There are some things that are on right side where icons use to be. But not in same order and some are gone also.

How can I get them back in their original setting. I appreciate any help from anyone.

Thanks,

Teri

:)

TrossZZ, Jul 11, 2018

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Jul 11, 2018
  3. Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Jul 11, 2018
  4. want my desktop icons back to original way

Desktop Shortcut Icons

Hi Mik-Dav,

The desktop shortcut created for a specific website should bear the website's actual logo. With what you've experienced, there could be something wrong with how the shortcut was created.

If you've created the shortcut by selecting Create shortcut, then we suggest that you try the other way, that is by dragging the website icon that appears in the address bar to your desktop. Follow these steps:

• Using Internet Explorer, access a website.
    • Once the website opens, you will see its icon in the address bar.
    • Click and drag the icon on your desktop.

The website shortcut bearing its actual logo should now be saved on your desktop.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jul 11, 2018
Thema:

want my desktop icons back to original way

1. want my desktop icons back to original way - Similar Threads - desktop icons original

2. Is there any way to bring back my original license inbuilt with my laptop?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is there any way to bring back my original license inbuilt with my laptop?: my laptop has inbuild windows 11 home, but the shop owner has installed windows 10 pro on my laptop using some cracked software. what shoulf i do? should i continue using the cracked software or is there anyway to bring back my original licence. When i click on activation...
  3. Is there any way to bring back my original license inbuilt with my laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any way to bring back my original license inbuilt with my laptop?: my laptop has inbuild windows 11 home, but the shop owner has installed windows 10 pro on my laptop using some cracked software. what shoulf i do? should i continue using the cracked software or is there anyway to bring back my original licence. When i click on activation...
  4. Is there any way to bring back my original license inbuilt with my laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to get back the original search icon?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get back the original search icon?: Hello there, my community friends! I present you with another problem, this time with the search icon in the taskbar. Currently, it looks like this:As you can see, instead of a single icon, it has now become a "mini" version of the search box found in Windows 10. Usually,...
  6. How to get back the original search icon?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get back the original search icon?: Hello there, my community friends! I present you with another problem, this time with the search icon in the taskbar. Currently, it looks like this:As you can see, instead of a single icon, it has now become a "mini" version of the search box found in Windows 10. Usually,...
  7. The Windows 10 Desktop - I want my old original desktop view back! Help!

in Windows 10 Customization
    The Windows 10 Desktop - I want my old original desktop view back! Help!: Seems like such a basic thing but I can't figure it out! Somehow (update or my children*eyeroll*) my main desktop is the Windows bunch of boxes and flippy squares - it's distracting and I hate it. I just want my static old school icon based desktop. Anyone know how to switch...
  8. onedrive. don't want it but i want my desktop back...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    onedrive. don't want it but i want my desktop back...: Got a new pc and one drive immediately started throwing my files there and filled itself up and started asking me if I wanted to buy more. NO! Thought I stopped this thing from syncing and deleted the app. By my digital audio workstation seems to have defaulted to storing...
  9. I changed icon size to repair fuzzines, want to set back to original

in Windows 10 Customization
    I changed icon size to repair fuzzines, want to set back to original: I had a box come up on windows 10 saying it had detected that I had some fuzzy icon and windows could fix it. I clicked the box and it said I could set the icons 100% - 500%. I selected 200, now everything is double the size and no clearer then before. How do I set it...
  10. I want my icons back

in Windows 10 Support
    I want my icons back: When I upgraded to Windows 10 all my icons disappeared and became light blue images of fx a camera for .bmp files. How do I get my icons back that show a preview of what the file looks like, please? 33525

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Id like to get back my original blue screen on my Dell with my icons

2. i want my original desktop icons back