Windows 10: want my desktop icons back to original way

Discus and support want my desktop icons back to original way in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; We had an outage problem in our area and everything was cut off. When it came back on my desktop icons were gone . There are some things that are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TrossZZ, Jul 11, 2018.

1. TrossZZ Win User

want my desktop icons back to original way

We had an outage problem in our area and everything was cut off. When it came back on my desktop icons were gone . There are some things that are on right side where icons use to be. But not in same order and some are gone also.

How can I get them back in their original setting. I appreciate any help from anyone.

Thanks,

Teri

:)

TrossZZ, Jul 11, 2018

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Jul 11, 2018
  3. Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Jul 11, 2018
  4. want my desktop icons back to original way

Desktop Shortcut Icons

Hi Mik-Dav,

The desktop shortcut created for a specific website should bear the website's actual logo. With what you've experienced, there could be something wrong with how the shortcut was created.

If you've created the shortcut by selecting Create shortcut, then we suggest that you try the other way, that is by dragging the website icon that appears in the address bar to your desktop. Follow these steps:

• Using Internet Explorer, access a website.
    • Once the website opens, you will see its icon in the address bar.
    • Click and drag the icon on your desktop.

The website shortcut bearing its actual logo should now be saved on your desktop.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jul 11, 2018
Thema:

want my desktop icons back to original way

1. want my desktop icons back to original way - Similar Threads - desktop icons original

2. I want my desktop icons back when I want from the already installed factory settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    I want my desktop icons back when I want from the already installed factory settings: In Windows 10 I found (for me at least ) that I cannot put any desktop icons from most of the factory installed programs. I am probably infected with the familiar desktop of Windows 7. Does anybody by any chance know of a way to accomplish this or am I searching for the...
  3. I changed icon size to repair fuzzines, want to set back to original

I changed icon size to repair fuzzines, want to set back to original: I had a box come up on windows 10 saying it had detected that I had some fuzzy icon and windows could fix it. I clicked the box and it said I could set the icons 100% - 500%. I selected 200, now everything is double the size and no clearer then before. How do I set it...
  4. icons on my desktop

icons on my desktop: I picked some icons to go on my shortcuts but they ended up on my desktop.my other ones would not stay in place they disappeared all the time .so im trying to put these new ones in there place but I don't know how to do it.im not that good at computer s but im trying to...
  5. icons on my desktop

icons on my desktop: I picked some icons to go on my shortcuts but they ended up on my desktop.my other ones would not stay in place they disappeared all the time .so im trying to put these new ones in there place but I don't know how to do it.im not that good at computer s but im trying to...
  6. want to roll back my to my original windows 8.1 for my dell inspiron 15R

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    want to roll back my to my original windows 8.1 for my dell inspiron 15R: my windows was updated to windows 10 and the touch screen function was lost and the cd/dvd don't work anymore. the automatic update happened more than 4 months ago. and I find it hard to work with windows 10. much easier with the 8.1 version....
  7. is there a way to change Internet icon on w10 back?

is there a way to change Internet icon on w10 back?: I hate the three circular lines. I keep getting it mixed up with volume speaker with soundwave lines coming off it. I want the bar chart back, please, if anyone can help? 16009
  8. Want my PDF reader back

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Want my PDF reader back: Imo, one of the best free (basic version) PDF programs is PDF Split and Merge which gives features often only in paid versions ie ability to delete pages, add pages, split pdf, merge pdfs etc. Maybe not the best reader but without a doubt a very useful tool to have. Hi...
  9. I want my icons back

in Windows 10 Support
    I want my icons back: When I upgraded to Windows 10 all my icons disappeared and became light blue images of fx a camera for .bmp files. How do I get my icons back that show a preview of what the file looks like, please? 33525
  10. I want to restore original thumbnails to my files

in Windows 10 Support
    I want to restore original thumbnails to my files: My painting pattern PDF files that are on my hard drive originally had the front page (picture of the project) as a thumbnail, making it quick and easy to find the file I want to use. After installing Nitro Pro to open the files with, all my thumbnails changed to the NitroPro...