Windows 10: Want 'on top', 'favourite folder' buttons on app & other title bars?

Discus and support Want 'on top', 'favourite folder' buttons on app & other title bars? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Want buttons for 'on top', 'favourite folders', 'recent folders' and more on many of your Windows? [img] Actual Window Manager, which adds the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by dalchina, Apr 21, 2017.

1. dalchina New Member

Want 'on top', 'favourite folder' buttons on app & other title bars?

Want buttons for 'on top', 'favourite folders', 'recent folders' and more on many of your Windows?

Want 'on top', 'favourite folder' buttons on app & other title bars? [​IMG]

Actual Window Manager, which adds the buttons, is not free, but can be obtained effectively for free with the Trialpay scheme.
    Actual Window Manager: Multiple Monitors, Virtual Desktops, Windows Control and Other Useful Tools.
    Actual Title Buttons just adds buttons, so is simpler and cheaper - but also available via TrialPay
    Actual Title Buttons Order Center

Note the extra buttons on the title bar:
    1. Commands (drop down list) - = buttons not shown
    2. On top - pins the window to stay on top of others.
    3. Minimise to try

There's a wide range to choose from, and these apply to any window except for those without borders - typical example: multimedia programs.

The buttons are applied to Firefox.

Explorer and open/save dialogue buttons include favourite folders and recent folders.

There's file explorer, and the rt click tray icon options.

There's Photos, and you can see these buttons on the open/save dialogue.

That's Groove, with Wordpad and the open/save dialogue, showing a simple favorites dialogue.

And here's the main GUI for the program- lots to explore.

I thought I'd post this, as having used FileBox eXtender (free, discontinued) for years, I started looking for a modern equivalent. I couldn't find an effective freeware program that worked well enough (there are 2 or 3 such as Extrabuttons, Chamleon Window Manager Lite), and was surprised it integrated with Windows apps.

:)

dalchina, Apr 21, 2017

2. How to move favorites around in Edge

Click on the Hub (lines) icon where the 6 icons are at the top of the web page near the insert note icon (the square with a pen). This will show your Favourites. Click and hold the folder/shortcut you want to move from; e.g. shopping - clothes.
    Drag to the favourites title at the top of the Favourites drop-down box. Hold it over it until it changes to "move", then drop it and it will move to another area in the Favourites; all you need to do then is locate the folder or shortcut in Favourites
    and move it to another folder. There seems to be no way of moving these into a particular folder directly as in internet explorer. It's a 2 or 3 stage process depending where you are moving it to.

foldergone, Apr 21, 2017
  3. Edge Favourites folder?

Where can I find the favourites folder for MS Edge in Windows 10?

I need to know where it is because it would be easier to organise in the folder than from within Edge. I am finding it quite difficult at times to organise the favourites from within the app as when you are dragging an item, all the other items move around
    it & when you find the spot you want it in, you have to be very careful or the list rapidly scrolls to the top or bottom, also when you let it go, it often disappears into a folder rather than between, so you then have to go search for it manually & delete
    it to start again.

IE was a much easier app to use for this.

Tim Gosling, Apr 21, 2017
Thema:

Want 'on top', 'favourite folder' buttons on app & other title bars?

1. Want 'on top', 'favourite folder' buttons on app & other title bars? - Similar Threads - 'on top' 'favourite

2. Windows Photos App file name overlaps title bar buttons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Photos App file name overlaps title bar buttons: Hello,When opening a photo using the "Windows Photos" app the file name strafes to the left and overlaps the title bar buttons close maximize minimize buttons.Windows display language is in hebrew.any suggestions on how to solve this problem?...
  3. Is it possible to remove the buttons that appear in the title bar?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is it possible to remove the buttons that appear in the title bar?: Is it possible to remove the buttons that appear in the title bar in Windows 10 on certain files? Such as zip or exe. They are very annoying and the functions they offer are either useless or easily obtainable with another method. Picture is attached, with arrows showing the...
  4. Switch monitor button on title bar missing

Switch monitor button on title bar missing: A few weeks ago, the often used button on the title bar to switch a window to a different monitor disappeared. I know the keyboard shortcut, but I'm wondering where the button went, and can't seem to find anything on how to get it back. Are there title bar settings somewhere...
  5. Title Bar Text / Buttons Colour Mismatch

Title Bar Text / Buttons Colour Mismatch: With certain accent colours (typically ones that are picked automatically based on the desktop background), I get the following problem in title bars: [img] Seems to only affect windows which have those buttons in the top-left corner. On programs without this, such as...
  6. File explorer jumps to favourite folders or top of current folder tree

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer jumps to favourite folders or top of current folder tree: I have seen discussions on this over many years. In the past this issue used to be caused by personalisation settings for example, when background was set to slide show, or colour was set to pick accent colour from my background. In the past I have used those fixes and...
  7. Title bar buttons as on MacOS

Title bar buttons as on MacOS: Hello Microsoft Community! I have a small question - is it even possible (through system properties or registry) to revert (mirror) title bar default appearance? I've tried LeftSider before, but it'd returned me title bar buttons on the left side with bug - title of app...
  8. Favourites bar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Favourites bar: I find it extremely difficult to save the websites in favourites bar. It should not be necessary to create a new folder for each website. Simply clicking on Save in Favourites Bar delivers no result. Cumbersome and annoying....
  9. Nested Folders in Edges Favourites Bar

in Windows 10 Support
    Nested Folders in Edges Favourites Bar: This is the major gripe I have with Edge right now - no nested folders like Firefox or IE. OK, you can nest folders sort of, but instead of showing the folder contents in situ when you click on the sub folder, you get a side menu that pops out on the right which shows all...
  10. Taskbar at top of screen - Some apps' title-bars open UNDERNEATH

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar at top of screen - Some apps' title-bars open UNDERNEATH: First post: hope it's in the right category... Just as the description states; I am using a Mac-style dock at the bottom of my WinX desktop and therefore have my taskbar located at the top of the screen. I am having an irritating issue from time-to-time, with the...