Windows 10: Want to change my login password, message says "something went wrong"

Discus and support Want to change my login password, message says "something went wrong" in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I use a password which I made up. No email address is involved. Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Nisko, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Nisko Win User

Want to change my login password, message says "something went wrong"

I use a password which I made up. No email address is involved.

Nisko, Apr 5, 2018
  2. Nisko Win User

I just tried to change my computer login password. A message told me "Something went wrong. Try again later." What can I do? Thank you.

:)

Nisko, Apr 7, 2018
  3. Qu_11 Win User
    Cortana "Something went wrong"

I'm trying to setup cortana on Windows 10. Every time it wants to to login to my Microsoft account, it loads and then says "Something went wrong". How do I fix this?

Qu_11, Apr 7, 2018
  4. AveryNash Win User

wrong email address on login and can't change it to a local login. the email that comes up is not associated with an MS account

I upgraded to Windows 10 a few months ago. Since then my laptop makes me login with an old email address. I am phasing that email address out and want to change my laptop login to NOT be that. When I go to "settings" for that login and try to change
    it to a local login I get, "something went wrong... your login was not changed to local... error code 0x80004005. When I login to a Microsoft account with that old email address it says one does not exists. How do I get it to let me use a local login...
    or get it changed to the login that actually IS associated with a MS account?

AveryNash, Apr 7, 2018
  5. Samuria Win User
    Are changing a local account or MS one?

Samuria, Apr 7, 2018
  6. Nisko Win User
    I think it's a local account but, to tell the truth, I don't know the difference. How can I tell?

Nisko, Apr 7, 2018
  7. Samuria Win User
    Do you sign in with just a name or an email address if its email then its a MS account and you may not be able to change if your offline

Samuria, Apr 7, 2018
Thema:

1. Want to change my login password, message says "something went wrong" - Similar Threads - change login password

2. In Windows Update it says something went wrong

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In Windows Update it says something went wrong: In Windows Update it says something went wrong and im losing my mind tryng to figure it out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-windows-update-it-says-something-went-wrong/0d4572d7-cdf8-4d7b-a918-b04320847138
  3. In Windows Update it says something went wrong

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    In Windows Update it says something went wrong: In Windows Update it says something went wrong and im losing my mind tryng to figure it out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-windows-update-it-says-something-went-wrong/0d4572d7-cdf8-4d7b-a918-b04320847138
  4. Logged in with correct password but after it says "Something Went wrong, 0x80048823,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Logged in with correct password but after it says "Something Went wrong, 0x80048823,...: I was one day logged out of my account, I tried logging back in like normal and it said "Something Went wrong, 0x80048823, please try again later " can anyone help me resolve this issue?...
  5. I get a message saying Something Went wrong

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I get a message saying Something Went wrong: The error won't let me in my emails https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-get-a-message-saying-something-went-wrong/fa75e244-c58a-4370-a976-9709942cb7c1
  6. I get a message saying Something Went wrong

I get a message saying Something Went wrong: The error won't let me in my emails https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-get-a-message-saying-something-went-wrong/fa75e244-c58a-4370-a976-9709942cb7c1
  7. keeps saying something went wrong?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keeps saying something went wrong?: I recently got my monitor back and i forgot my pin number, i try to put i forgot password and i do everything as i’m told. the last step where it tells me if i’m sure and everything i press continue and it keeps saying something went wrong? i don’t what’s the problem but my...
  8. keeps saying something went wrong?

keeps saying something went wrong?: I recently got my monitor back and i forgot my pin number, i try to put i forgot password and i do everything as i’m told. the last step where it tells me if i’m sure and everything i press continue and it keeps saying something went wrong? i don’t what’s the problem but my...
  9. Microsoft account says something went wrong

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft account says something went wrong: I just updated my laptop to windows 10, 1909 and when I try to sign in using my Microsoft account it says something went wrong and I can't even access Microsoft store...
  10. Cant login in. Something went wrong.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cant login in. Something went wrong.: Hello everyone, after updating to version 1903. I could login in only by azure password. But my camera and my fingerprint on my laptop stopped working and i couldnt setup any login options as pin login, because it says : something went wrong, try again later but its never...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. something went wrong changing laptop password

2. change your account password something went wrong