Windows 10: want to create a shortcut for ' create restore point'

Discus and support want to create a shortcut for ' create restore point' in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; want to create a shortcut for ' create restore point'. managed to find the ' use a restore point file' but this only allows restoration from a restore... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by reddwarf4ever, Aug 12, 2015.

1. want to create a shortcut for ' create restore point'

want to create a shortcut for ' create restore point'. managed to find the ' use a restore point file' but this only allows restoration from a restore point not. relation of one.
    i know there a few ways to do this, but want to put a link on my start menu.

cant be difficult, just that after no end of searching can't find an answer.

I created an auto create restore point in task scheduler....by clicking on create a simple task, should I then delete the one in MS/Windows called RS ..? or is it ok to have both ? I am told that the MS one does not back up every time there is a startup, which is what I want...

thanks in advance

:)

reddwarf4ever, Aug 12, 2015

2. How to Create a Restore Point for Windows Mobile 7

Nope. Not at this point. The 'restore point' functionality is tied to updates at this point, and not directly user initiatable. Maybe that will change at some point, but not today. Just got a new upgrade today, BTW. The little one that fixes the bogus
    certificate issue, and that prompted a backup on my machine, so I would expect that will be the norm.

Sven Johannsen, Aug 12, 2015
  3. How to Create a Restore Point for Windows Mobile 7

I see that I have a restore point (http://www..com/examples/2011/20110511-windows-mobile-7.asp) and it looks like it was created before the
    last upgrade. However, in case this upgrade does not create a restore point, is there a way to create one before I install this new update?

CoreyBryant, Aug 12, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

want to create a shortcut for ' create restore point'

Brink, Aug 12, 2015
  5. thanks, tried option 4 restore point with description and success message..

copied unzipped folder to c program files, but it is called restore point message shortcut copied the actual shortcut to the desktop but it flashes and no message or naming option....and no restore points showing in system restore......
    dont understand how it works so can't try and fix it...
    wondered if I could find a file in system32 which equates to create system restore point and create a shortcut from there...
    thanks

reddwarf4ever, Aug 12, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I'll have to create one for Windows 10, and I'll update you with it here.

It's not running, because it checks to see what OS your running, and cancels because Windows 10 is not in the list yet.

Brink, Aug 13, 2015
  7. yes the shortcut points to this exactly.....is it possible the vbs code is different for W10 ?

reddwarf4ever, Aug 13, 2015
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Aug 13, 2015
  9. reddwarf4ever, Aug 13, 2015
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. I hope so as well. *Smile

Brink, Aug 13, 2015
  11. Working well thanks, but for some reason i cant right click on this shortcut and pin to menu....

reddwarf4ever, Aug 16, 2015
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Aug 16, 2015
  13. want to create a shortcut for ' create restore point'

Hi
    is this shortcut different from others then ?, because I normally can do this....
    thanks

14. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Since it's a shortcut of a .vbs file it doesn't have "Pin to Start" by default.

If you like, you can open the Properties for the shortcut, and add explorer to the front like below to have "Pin to Start" available as a workaround. *Smile

explorer "%ProgramFiles%\Restore Point Message Shortcut\CreateRP-Success_Message.vbs"

Brink, Aug 16, 2015
  15. says it's an invalid name...

Thema:

1. want to create a shortcut for ' create restore point' - Similar Threads - create shortcut create

2. creating a restore point

in Windows 10 Gaming
    creating a restore point: creating a restore point https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/creating-a-restore-point/9c1f81c1-0eb2-4663-861f-edef4d87fa44
  3. creating a restore point

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    creating a restore point: creating a restore point https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/creating-a-restore-point/9c1f81c1-0eb2-4663-861f-edef4d87fa44
  4. Want create restore point in windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Want create restore point in windows 10: Last time due to update my whole system was corrupted and data was erased so one of my friend suggested me to create restore point https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/want-create-restore-point-in-windows-10/5fa06961-f769-4ed2-86ee-387e0077df18
  5. Want to create restore point

Want to create restore point: How I can create restore point in windows 10 because few days before my system was corrupted and i have lost many files therefore my one of friend suggest me to create restore point...
  6. Create a Restore Point

Create a Restore Point: Sirs, Following a service /inspection by my local computer service engineer - I was recommended to increase the protection- I installed Virus Protection Software from Norton. It was not to my liking and used their uninstall software to remove the installation. The removal...
  7. Create a restore point.

Create a restore point.: Hi there! Does anyone know what the problem is! Attached are 2 images. Unfortunately, the text is in Swedish. With best regards, R. T [ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-a-restore-point/5c93a9c2-7f27-4cad-916b-cc10e0a3abd7
  8. Cannot create a restore point

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot create a restore point: I'm not sure I'm in the right place, but when I go to create a restore point I get a message: The restore point could not be created for the following reason: The writer experienced a transient error. If the backup process is retired, the error might not reoccur. Please try...
  9. Creating restore points?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Creating restore points?: Is there an application, freeware or paid, that works in creating restore points in Windows 10, so if an installed application messes things up, I can restore the saved point, so Windows 10 loads as if the application was never installed in the first place, and Windows...
  10. Create Restore Points

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Create Restore Points: Hi Group, I'm wondering if W-10 can be configured to create a system restore point on a regular basis? Like maybe once a week or so. Also, how much drive space does a restore point use? Thanks 101418