Windows 10: Want to diagnose cause of system error 193.

Discus and support Want to diagnose cause of system error 193. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Is there a tool that can tell me exactly why a particular .exe gets system error 193? In my case, I have written a program that modifies an existing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by mrolle, Sep 13, 2016.

1. mrolle Win User

Want to diagnose cause of system error 193.

Is there a tool that can tell me exactly why a particular .exe gets system error 193?

In my case, I have written a program that modifies an existing .exe and writes the modified file back out.

Right now, my program does nothing more than add 1000x to every section RVA and then adjust items in the header -- start of code, and entry point -- and clear the checksum. The tool also adjusts most items in the data directories; however, my input .exe has no data directories.

I have attached output from 'objdump -x' on the input and output files, in case you can spot something I failed to adjust.

Does Windows 10 validate the checksum on all executables now? Microsoft's PE format doc says
    The following are checked for validation at load time: all drivers, any DLL loaded at boot time, and any DLL that is loaded into a critical Windows process.

:)

mrolle, Sep 13, 2016
  2. O. M. S. Win User

Windows 10 The Wireless AutoConfig Service (wlansvc) is not running.

I tried that but got this message:

The WLAN AutoConfig service could not be started.
    A system error has occurred.
    System error 193 has occurred.

*** is not a valid Win32 application.

O. M. S., Sep 13, 2016
  3. How to diagnose cause of freeze just after boot up

Are you able to boot to a functional Windows desktop?

If not, try booting into Safe mode

Log out and go to the sign in screen.

Hold down the shift key on your keyboard while clicking the Power button on the screen.

Continue to hold down the shift key while clicking Restart.

Continue to hold down the shift key until the Advanced Recovery Options menu appears.

Click Troubleshoot

Click Advanced options

Click Startup Settings

Click Restart

Press (4) to Enable Safe Mode

Wait while Windows 10 starts in safe mode.

Press Windows key + X

Click Event Viewer

Expand Windows logs

Click System

Check the most recent red exclamation

See what it says, then copy and paste the results in a reply here.

But your hunch might be the right one, since you said it started happening after installing that device.

Andre Da Costa, Sep 13, 2016
  4. mrolle Win User

It's not the checksum, because I made another output file which is identical to the input file except for clearing the checksum, and it still runs OK.

mrolle, Sep 13, 2016
  5. mrolle Win User
    There are two requirements on the pages occupied by the sections in the EXE file.
    1. The sets of pages have to be consecutive and adjacent. This is explained in Microsoft's PE format spec.
    2. The first section must begin at RVA = 1000x. This is *NOT* explained in that document.

If you know of a complete list of what is required for an EXE to load, please post it here. Also I posted a similar thread in the General Support forum, and you can post your answer there too.

mrolle, Sep 14, 2016
  6. mrolle Win User
    mrolle, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Want to diagnose cause of system error 193. - Similar Threads - diagnose cause system

2. Diagnosing a System Crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Diagnosing a System Crash: Hello,I recently replaced the video card in a system. It had been stable, no crashes. The new video card was very large and I had to take out 3 of the 4 memory modules so that it fit. Since then, the computer has crashed 3 times. I just enabled minidumps and caught one:...
  3. Diagnosing a System Crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Diagnosing a System Crash: Hello,I recently replaced the video card in a system. It had been stable, no crashes. The new video card was very large and I had to take out 3 of the 4 memory modules so that it fit. Since then, the computer has crashed 3 times. I just enabled minidumps and caught one:...
  4. Diagnosing a System Crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. LiveKernelEvent 193 Hardware Error

LiveKernelEvent 193 Hardware Error: Hi I have been using Dell G3 15 3579 Laptop for 3 years now. now all of a sudden i started facing this error even after i re-stored my OS 3 times already thinking it is driver error. Finally seems to be working fine until yesterday night i just opened a movie on netflix and...
  6. Hardware caused LiveKernelEvent BSOD with code 193.

Hardware caused LiveKernelEvent BSOD with code 193.: Hello, i have an issue that has been occuring while I am playing certain games. My computer will freeze and restart with a BSOD. I am beginning to get worried since it says it is a hardware error. Source Windows Summary Hardware error Date ‎1/‎6/‎2021 2:43 PM Status Not...
  7. Diagnosing recent BSOD Cause

Diagnosing recent BSOD Cause: Hello, I have been getting several BSODs lately. I ran verifier as per these instructions. When verifier was causing the crashes, the error was DRIVER_VERIFIED_DETECTED_VIOLATION but it did not specify what driver was causing the crash. Here is a OneDrive link to my...
  8. Hardware Error Caused Live Kernel Event Code: 193

Hardware Error Caused Live Kernel Event Code: 193: Hello, I have a problem my computer sometimes freezes with always the same "hardware problem", I'm really worried that if this continues to happen this will damages my PC, I don't know which hardware that causing this problem, please help me or at least tell me what hardware...
  9. Hardware Error, LiveKernelEvent 193

Hardware Error, LiveKernelEvent 193: I believe this error has been freezing my PC to the black screen when I start it up. I also have been experiencing it freezing on the black screen when I try to put it to sleep. It also will go to sleep, wake itself back up, and then remain frozen until I force the shutdown....
  10. Diagnosing a system crash

Diagnosing a system crash: Hello, This computer is crashing and failing to produce minidumps. This computer had been operating in a stable way for the past three years, and it was already used then. This happens some days (up to five times), not on others, and using any software or not. Config:...