Windows 10: Want to download ISO of version BEFORE anniversary edition

Discus and support Want to download ISO of version BEFORE anniversary edition in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Anybody know where I can download the previous version? I d/l the anniversary and I don't like it. I've been searching for an hour and can't find any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by hooked, Aug 19, 2016.

1. hooked Win User

Want to download ISO of version BEFORE anniversary edition

Anybody know where I can download the previous version? I d/l the anniversary and I don't like it. I've been searching for an hour and can't find any site (Msft or otherwise) that offers an earlier version to download. I want to do a clean install.

Thanks.

:)

hooked, Aug 19, 2016
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Reinstall windows 10 pro.

I doubt you will be able to download a version prior to the Anniversary Update from the official Microsoft Site.

Click HERE to download build 1511, this is the major release before the Anniversary Update. Scroll
    down to find the language and version you want.

If your proprietary software does not run on the Anniversary Upgrade you will have to block it from downloading and upgrading again . . .

I hope this Answers your Question!

DaveM121, Aug 19, 2016
  3. BaaRamEwe Win User
    Windows 10 Backup and Upgrade

Thanks for your reply, Anup. Unfortunately, the link provided including the addition content links don't give me a definitive answer to either of my questions.

Most articles state to backup current Windows 10 before trying to upgrade it. I've spent many hours reading help articles and forums, and simply want to know if I can back up my existing Windows 10 installation to a recovery drive, or recovery media, or
    if this is even necessary given that the Win10 ISO downloads are available.

If I cannot create Windows 10 recovery media, and should the attempted update to Anniversary Edition fail, how would I restore the system back to Windows 10 before the upgrade, or will it revert automatically?

I've seen so many different answers on these two subjects, I can't make any sense of it. Let me put it another way:

I just want to upgrade my current Windows 10 version to the Anniversary Edition using the download ISO, and if this upgrade should fail, I want to know if I will still able to use Windows 10 as it was before the attempted upgrade. Thank you again.

BaaRamEwe, Aug 19, 2016
  4. Porthos Win User

Porthos, Aug 19, 2016
  5. hooked Win User
    The changes in the Program menu layout and the Start Screen Layout. And I know, I'll eventually have to go with it, but I don't wanna do so until I have to.
    Thanks for the info Porthos.

TTYL

hooked, Aug 19, 2016
  6. hooked Win User
    hooked, Aug 19, 2016
  7. Fafhrd Win User
    Yes, Microsoft Windows and Office ISO Download Tool works by going to an official Microsoft download repository site, and gathering a set of links to Microsoft official downloads - You will need the Windows 10 insider preview set - and select the edition for build 14372 client insider preview if that's the one you need , then confirm, next choose the language and confirm and then finally the 32-bit or 64-bit version - then the 3 to 4GB download from Microsoft begins.
    The install.wim contains both pro and core images. The program also allows you to copy the site address for the download to the clipboard, which you could run separately in a browser if you are distrustful in any way.

Fafhrd, Aug 19, 2016
  8. hooked Win User

Yeah, I spent a lot of time looking at the site. It's a really good idea to have it all put together like that. I had no clue it was there, I've always just gone to Msft normal d/l site. Whoever thought of this put some work into it.

hooked, Aug 20, 2016
  9. cereberus Win User
    Rolling of eyes - loads of improvements and you use trivial issues to not upgrade.

cereberus, Aug 20, 2016
  10. dalchina New Member
    Use a 3rd party start menu if that's the only problem... there are far more significant functional problems people are experiencing, so I'd certainly understand anyone delaying the upgrade for some months while MS fixes things on those grounds (some editions allow you to defer upgrades).

The case against Windows 10 Anniversary Update grows | InfoWorld
    Freezing
    Not recognising external drives

A very few have found BIOS updates needed.

Some programs are no longer compatible.

Etc.

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Want to download ISO of version BEFORE anniversary edition - Similar Threads - download ISO version

2. Download Anniversary update ISO 14393 1607

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Download Anniversary update ISO 14393 1607: I have a lot of Dell Latitude 10 ST2 tablets that were just donated to the thrift store. They came with Windows 8.0 and I want to update then to Windows 10. Unfortunately they have the Intel Atom Clover Trail processor which Microsoft no longer supports after the Anniversary...
  3. Anyway of directly downloading Win 10 Anniversary Edition

Anyway of directly downloading Win 10 Anniversary Edition: The Forum post of how to use media creation tool no longer gives option of downloading Creator vs. Anniversary edition upgrade. I need the Anniversary build for Adobe Dimensions install....
  4. Where is the Anniversary Edition

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Where is the Anniversary Edition: My desktop PC just updated but it shows Version 1511, OS Build 10586.545 – Where is the Anniversary update (I believe it's Version: 1607)? 59567
  5. Trouble downloading Windows 10 Anniversary edition

Trouble downloading Windows 10 Anniversary edition: I'm trying to download the Windows 10 Anniversary edition, I get error messages like “Something went wrong. Couldn’t download Windows 10. Check your network settings, and try again.” And when I try the Media creation tool, it appears to begin downloading, and stays on...
  6. Anniversary ISO

Anniversary ISO: My computer is finally running on all cylinders thanks to forum members ! I had been reinstalling fresh copies of Windows 10 using an ISO downloaded using the Media Creation tool from Microsoft while I was troubleshooting. The ISO I had created was for version 1511, so...
  7. Anniversary Update ISO Download Won't Complete.

Anniversary Update ISO Download Won't Complete.: Went to the Download Windows 10 Disc Image (ISO File) site and after selecting the correct edition I tried to downloaded the ISO to a USB 3 drive (16 GB capacity). Each time I attempted the download, 3 times, it go to 97% and then said the download was interrupted. When I...
  8. Anniversary iso

Anniversary iso: Will there be a new installation iso when the anniversary update is released. Henry 55356
  9. Windows 10 Anniversary Update in July - ISO download question

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Anniversary Update in July - ISO download question: Hey all, I understand the next major Window 10 update will be released at the end of July. How long does it typically take after the release date that Microsoft makes an updated full installer ISO available to download? Does it happen quickly/simultaneously, or can it take...
  10. Want to Download ISO file for Version 1511 10586

Want to Download ISO file for Version 1511 10586: I want to download an ISO file that can be used to correct problems using DISM. The problem I'm having is finding a ISO version compatible with the version I currently have. The ISO's I've seen are for 1607, and I am on 1511 10586.679. My question is where can I get a...