Windows 10: Want to install Windows 10 Pro N in Australia, but can't...

Discus and support Want to install Windows 10 Pro N in Australia, but can't... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi Guys, I created a "Windows 10 Pro N" installation ISO via the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool and have tried a number of times to perform a clean... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mingle, Aug 1, 2015.

1. mingle Win User

Want to install Windows 10 Pro N in Australia, but can't...

Hi Guys,

I created a "Windows 10 Pro N" installation ISO via the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool and have tried a number of times to perform a clean install on my PC.

It actually installs okay, however, it will not activate with the key I obtained during the Windows 8.1 -> 10 upgrade process. I get a message saying this key is can't be used on this version.

I also created an ISO of the 'standard' Windows 10 Pro and this installed and activated fine using my upgrade Win 10 product key...

My versions of Windows 8.1 (from which I upgraded) was not the "N" version, so I'm guessing this is the reason I can't activate it. Either that, or the fact I'm not located in the EU...

I just like the idea of not having the extra baggage of the Windows media features, which I will never use. Is anyone able to confirm my suspicions about the "N" version installation?

Cheers,

Mike.

:)

mingle, Aug 1, 2015

2. Cannot seem to upgrade from Windows Pro N to Windows Pro

A Windows 10 Pro N key cannot activate non-N Windows 10 Pro and you will need to perform a clean install if you want to migrate from Windows 10 Pro N.

Andre Da Costa, Aug 1, 2015
  3. Changing from Windows 10 pro to Windows 10 pro N

I installed pro by accident and discovered that I only have key for pro N. Now, this whole thing is kind of comical as the only difference between pro and pro N is some free programs and can just download and instead of making it easy I'm stuck with pro
    and can't change without deleting everything and have a clean install. For not having a windows that installs the free programs automatically. Is there any way to fix this or do I have to accept this kafkaesque situation. And no I'm not interested to pay for
    Windows 10 pro when I have the N version already.

I have to stress that the difference is if I want the free programs with the installation or if I want to update later.

WeeFreeMan, Aug 1, 2015
  4. Kari Win User

Hi Mike, welcome to the Ten Forums.

Excuse me for saying this but in my opinion you are going through some really unnecessary steps just to get rid of Windows Media Player. Wouldn't it be far easier to install the full 10 Pro, then disable the Media Features (WMP)?

Want to install Windows 10 Pro N in Australia, but can't... [​IMG]

Kari, Aug 1, 2015
  5. mingle Win User
    Hi Kari,

Ha Ha, I guess you're right! Didn't really think of that - I've been spending too much time jumping through multiple hoops just to get the Win 10 Upgrade pushed through.

I think I'm almost at the end of the tunnel...

I'll stick with the 'plain' Windows 10 Pro' and follow your suggestion.

Cheers,

Mike.

mingle, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Want to install Windows 10 Pro N in Australia, but can't... - Similar Threads - install Pro Australia

2. Windows 10 pro n to WIndows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 pro n to WIndows 10 pro: I want from Windows 10 Pro N to Windows 10 Pro but I don't know how, Does anyone know? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-n-to-windows-10-pro/b8293a60-3a5d-498a-9c24-70428e31c872
  3. Can't install media feature pack on windows 10 pro N

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't install media feature pack on windows 10 pro N: Hello! I tried to install windows media features for windows 10 pro N, but I got this error. I don't know what to do. Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-install-media-feature-pack-on-windows-10-pro/6b00c33f-b2f0-48a6-9e90-f48102cf429f
  4. Windows 10 PRO N and I want to install windows pro 10 without the N

Windows 10 PRO N and I want to install windows pro 10 without the N: After installing the plain pro 10 version it still shows as having the pro 10 N version installed. I upgraded machines moving the SSD over only, so the "N" version became invalid. I can't seem to upgrade and take the "N" version off. I have a valid license key for the pro...
  5. Windows 10 pro N to Windows 10 pro

Windows 10 pro N to Windows 10 pro: I just got my laptop repaired recently after a hard drive issue. I had windows 10 pro installed on my laptop but the technician from which I got my laptop repaired installed a very early edition of windows 10 pro N. I want to know if I can go back to the normal windows 10...
  6. Windows 10 Pro N installation

Windows 10 Pro N installation: Hello. I wanted to ask if there is anywhere I can download Windows 10 Pro N and I need your help, I can't find it. I had it somewhere on my drives but I can't find it neither. I bought a new PC, I have a Product key but I can't find that edition anywhere. I live in Europe so...
  7. Windows 10 Pro N to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro N to Windows 10 Pro: I have an activation key for windows 10 Pro but I accidentally installed Windows 10 Pro N, I know it is probably simple and I am just dumb but can someone walk me through the steps of going from Pro N to Pro....
  8. Windows 10 64 N to Windows 10 pro NO N

Windows 10 64 N to Windows 10 pro NO N: I have Windows 10 64 bit Pro N and want to migrate to the non N version. N has way to many restrictions. Is this possible without losing everything?...
  9. Windows 10 pro N

Windows 10 pro N: I tried to install win 10 pro n on my pc with win 10 pro activation key but it can't be use, why ? 135565
  10. Windows 10 Pro N - Clean Install to SSD

Windows 10 Pro N - Clean Install to SSD: I'm installing a SSD on my computer and want to start off with a fresh copy of Windows 10. My current OS is Windows 10 Pro N. I'm guessing Microsoft wants my new install to be the N version as well. I downloaded an iso of Windows 10 Pro N and want to put in on a USB...