Windows 10: Want to move Offline Files Folder (Windows\CSC)

Discus and support Want to move Offline Files Folder (Windows\CSC) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I tried searching for "offline" in the forum and scanned through the 250 odd titles that came up but could not find reference to relocating the offline... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LucianH, Aug 30, 2015.

1. LucianH Win User

Want to move Offline Files Folder (Windows\CSC)

I tried searching for "offline" in the forum and scanned through the 250 odd titles that came up but could not find reference to relocating the offline files folder. I frequently take an image of the system drive as a backup but, with an ever increasing offline folder (windows\csc), this is getting unworkable so I want to move the folder to my data drive (D:\).

I've tried using a symbolic link to a folder on the C drive (as I've successfully done with the OneDrive folder) but win10 seems to object and stops working.

Surprisingly, with google there's loads of references to doing this with previous versions of windows but I can't find anything Win10 specific. Does anybody know of a reliable way of relocating the csc folder?

:)

LucianH, Aug 30, 2015

2. How to create Sub-Folders!

Make sure the Options screen showing "Move to folder" is open when you switch to "Offline". After the phone has switched to offline mode, wait a couple of seconds and you'll notice the menu should have refreshed. The folder you created (in the top left)
    should now be highlighted underneath the open options screen. Now when you select "Move to folder" and select whichever folder you want to put the sub-folder in it should move the folder only.

Mechanimal82, Aug 30, 2015
  3. yasirapp Win User
    New software update available for Asha 202 and Asha 203: SW 20.52

if you want to move the file

Go to application

Go to gallary

select memory card

select the file or folder and press with finger and hold a new window open

Delete Folder/file

Delete Move folder/file

Copy Folder / file

Rename folder or File

If you want move then press on move folder and select target folder

then press and hold memory card select open Drive

now select another folder where you want to move your files

yasirapp, Aug 30, 2015
  4. John8212 Win User

Yes, there is not a method to do yet. I tried all steps of W7, WIN VISTA!!.

John8212, Sep 5, 2015
  5. bro67 Win User
    There is a reason why system folders cannot be moved. You start moving or deleting system folders, you will quickly break the OS.

bro67, Sep 5, 2015
  6. ....the following works in Windows 10

Create a folder for your offline file cache. Something like D:\Offline.
    From an elevated command prompt type the following: Takeown /r /f C:\Windows\CSC.
    Open the Sync Center and go to Manage Offline Files.
    Click Disable Offline Files and restart the machine.
    From an elevated command prompt issue the following commands:

rd /s C:\Windows\CSC
    mklink /J C:\Windows\CSC "D:\Offline"

Reopen the Manage Offline Files window and Enable Offline Files.

Restart the machine.

flesheatingbug, Sep 14, 2015
  7. adel Win User
    Thank you, but one more help, I followed your steps and it works, but now I want to restore the default sync folder and delete the new folder on D, but I couldn't delete the folder, please help *Smile

8. Want to move Offline Files Folder (Windows\CSC)

You created a Junction from the c:\Windows\CSC files to your offline files. I would look at how you delete that. Try google.

GreenJelly, Jan 8, 2016
  9. I realise that this thread is old, but "flesheaingbug", you're a hero.

Tranzmetro, Mar 1, 2016
  10. dank27 Win User
    May be a dumb question, but I was able to follow the above instructions with no issues. Is there a way to revert back to original windows\csc directory?

dank27, Jan 18, 2017
  11. ThePro Win User
    It worked for me but I had to boot in safe mode to remove the original CSC folder.

ThePro, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Want to move Offline Files Folder (Windows\CSC) - Similar Threads - move Offline Files

2. Moving files and folders option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving files and folders option: I am rephrasing a question I posted previously in the forum since no one could offer a simple answer. Will Microsoft restore the "Move to" option in the drop-down menu that appears when right clicking on a file or folder? In spite of what some moderator wrote in response to...
  3. Moving files/folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving files/folders: Hello.I have been trying to move folders from C drive to my extended storage device D. i have followed the instructions given on a different forum, i right clicked on the folder, went to properties and then i wanted to search for location tab but i couldn't find it. only tabs...
  4. moving files in a folder

moving files in a folder: I'm trying to move files pictures around in a folder. In windows 7 I could just move them via the mouse. I've tried cutting & pasting but nothing happens. Any ideas?...
  5. Moving file/folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving file/folders: I have a Predator gaming laptop I added a 4tb external drive because I was running out of internal drive space, I have it set so that everything possible will go to that drive. Problem is that while some things load to that drive, addon or mods download to a different folder...
  6. Rename of files and folders in Offline Folders

Rename of files and folders in Offline Folders: Hi, I have a client who uses offline files on a laptop and has Windows 10, version 1803. He is not able to rename any of the files or folders under his redirected Users folder, which is set to use offline files. I have checked permissions and there are no issues there....
  7. I want to move the program files folder to another Hard Drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I want to move the program files folder to another Hard Drive: I want to move the Program Files to another hard drive but I only want to move the folders not the actual main Program Files folder. Will doing so screw up my system? Jaydan...
  8. MOVED: Cannot Schedule Offline Files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    MOVED: Cannot Schedule Offline Files: Hi, Whilst trying to set up offline files to work on a schedule, I have been stuck with this error: 'An error occurred displaying sync schedules. Error: 0x80070002 The system cannot find the file specified.' (see attached screenshot) There seems to be very little...
  9. [HELP] Wanting to move video files into a master directory/folder

in Windows 10 Support
    [HELP] Wanting to move video files into a master directory/folder: I have 1000 videos that are all inside directories. Ex. 13212/video1.avi, 34234/video2.avi, 79443/video3.avi, etc I have over 1000 videos that are individually inside it's own random folder name. I would like to know if Windows 10 has any features or command line...
  10. Offline Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Offline Folder: So I posted previously about Folder can't delete. It's showing in C:\ as C:\ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C. However when I try to delete this it says it no longer exists on C: But looking at views it shows it is File Folder ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C...