Windows 10: Want to reset windows 10, but system will delete ALL of my apps

Discus and support Want to reset windows 10, but system will delete ALL of my apps in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I need to do a system reset which shouldn't be a big deal, but when I looked at the list of apps that I would have to install on my own from the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gabrielsettle, Jan 22, 2016.

1. Want to reset windows 10, but system will delete ALL of my apps

I need to do a system reset which shouldn't be a big deal, but when I looked at the list of apps that I would have to install on my own from the internet, it included several key system apps... such as the program that allows my touchpad to work, and pretty much every other core system app as well.

I don't mind having to reinstall a few apps, but this is ridiculous. I am afraid that if I reset it and lose these apps, that my laptop may very well not work at all following the reinstall.

Any advice would be appreciated.

BTW, please don't "advise" me that I shouldn't have gotten this laptop... after putting up with its garbage for 2 years, I am fully aware of that fact.

ASUS TP500L hybrid laptop/tablet.
    Originally came with Win 8.1, currently running completely updated Win 10.

:)

gabrielsettle, Jan 22, 2016
  2. LCRT Win User

I want to reset my lumia 820, but all my contacts on phone not showing up in outlook.com

don't forget that some of the contacts displayed on the phone may also come from other sources like facebook, gmail, linkedin, twitter, etc, so the list of contacts on the website will never have the exact same list as the phone. try filtering the phone
    view to just your Microsoft account (use settings to change the displayed contacts) and then you can check if they match with the website. alternatively, you can open contacts which appear on the phone but not the website and check which account they are linked
    to.

ps: writing in all caps is annoying and not polite on the internet. you don't get better help because of writing in caps.

3. RAJIVJAIN Win User
    I want to reset my lumia 820, but all my contacts on phone not showing up in outlook.com

thanks for ur reply, but i had around 2000 contacts on my nokia , which all are on my lumia but not showing in hotmail account with which i had set up my phone initially

the contacts which i m talking about are on phone apart from those associated with facebook or gmail accounts

is it possible to keep a backup of all contacts and messages in a seperate outlook account other than wht my phone has registered with , i dont want to lose my messages and free nokia music account

i have linked my many contacts on various accounts like facebook and gmail

RAJIVJAIN, Jan 22, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Want to reset windows 10, but system will delete ALL of my apps

Have you tried Repair Install, otherwise known as in-place upgrade Install ?
    That will allow you to keep your files, settings and apps.

MCT link to download the iso file
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10

Download the Tool and run it.
    Then select Create installation media for another PC
    That will begin downloading the ISO file to your computer.
    When download is completed, RIGHT click at the ISO > click Mount > click Setup.exe.
    That will begin installing Windows 10.
    You have the choice of keeping settings, files and apps, or keeping nothing.
    No product key is required.
    Activation will be automatic.

davidhk, Jan 22, 2016
  5. essenbe Win User
    essenbe, Jan 22, 2016
  6. When you reinstall,Win10 will give you a new folder in Desktop called "REMOVED APPS",which you can then use to reinstall if you wish.
    Been there,done that.

joeandmarg0, Jan 22, 2016
  7. davidhk Win User
    gabrielsettle,

What is your current status ?
    Is problem solved ?
    If yes, let use know how.

Thank you.

davidhk, Jan 23, 2016
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

To save all of your device drivers, make a folder on a USB flash drive or SD card called DriversW10 or whatever you want to call it. Then in an elevated ("run as administrator") command prompt type:

DISM.exe /oline /Export-Driver /Destination:F:\DriversW10

The part in red will be the path to the folder that you created. This will save all of the device drivers for your particular computer that are not included with Windows 10. Then when you do the clean install of Windows 10 (or the reset), you can go into Device Manager, right click on each "unknown device", update driver software, browse my computer for driver software, browse to the folder you created and it will re-install the saved driver for that device. You might also have to look and see if Microsoft Basic Display driver is installed for your graphics card and update that as well.

NavyLCDR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Want to reset windows 10, but system will delete ALL of my apps - Similar Threads - reset system delete

2. All windows apps crashes in my system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All windows apps crashes in my system: My Windows 11 apps crashes everytime I use it. I update the system to its latest and update all pending updates in store and still crashes. I cant use it at all....
  3. ms store and all system apps are missing in my windows 10 pc after resetting

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    ms store and all system apps are missing in my windows 10 pc after resetting: recently i resetted my pc . but after the reset all system apps including microsoft store are missing . how do i get them back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-store-and-all-system-apps-are-missing-in-my/4f4141c3-5217-45f7-a0f7-54c6e429947d
  4. ms store and all system apps are missing in my windows 10 pc after resetting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ms store and all system apps are missing in my windows 10 pc after resetting: recently i resetted my pc . but after the reset all system apps including microsoft store are missing . how do i get them back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-store-and-all-system-apps-are-missing-in-my/4f4141c3-5217-45f7-a0f7-54c6e429947d
  5. ms store and all system apps are missing in my windows 10 pc after resetting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. All My Apps Deleted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All My Apps Deleted: I reset my computer to clear some space. I clicked on "Remove Everything." I also clicked on download windows from the cloud. Everything was going well, I signed in, talked to Cortana until I started to download some apps. When I started to install VS Code, I ran the...
  7. Reset Windows Deleted Apps

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reset Windows Deleted Apps: Windows update broke windows so I reset and reinstalled windows 10, kept my personal files but deleted apps and programs. However, the list of apps deleted never showed up, and I'm having a hard time figuring out what was missing....
  8. Windows 10 update deleted all of my apps and files

Windows 10 update deleted all of my apps and files: The Windows 10 update deleted all of my apps calculator, photos, etc. When I try to repair apps, that does not work. When I try to uninstall and reinstall, that also does not work I receive an error message. Also, all of the information on my computer is now saved as a...
  9. Windows 10 2004 update wants to delete all of my files and settings

Windows 10 2004 update wants to delete all of my files and settings: So, when I first tried to install the 2004 update, it ended up failing. After this, it has never shown up under Windows Update since. I was going to try the Windows Update Assistant to get the update, however it would have required me to lose ALL of my files and settings,...
  10. Windows 10 Reset PC Delete all files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Reset PC Delete all files: Hello I just wanted to know if its normal for a pc to take over 12 hours to reset. I chose the option to delete all files but not the option to make sure that everything is completely wiped for security reasons. Started it at noon and now its 12 am. I have 3 TB of storage but...