Windows 10: Want to stop using password

Discus and support Want to stop using password in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; When I start my computer I have to enter a password. I would like to be able to stop doing this and be able to go straight into my computer without... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by john13, Nov 21, 2016.

1. john13 Win User

Want to stop using password

When I start my computer I have to enter a password. I would like to be able to stop doing this and be able to go straight into my computer without having to type in a password. Does anyone know how this can be done?

:)

john13, Nov 21, 2016
  2. TheChique Win User

Want to stop using Bluetooth for ActiveSync

Thank you so much for your response.

I think I have removed the pairing, but will try again. I have definitely set ActiveSync back to USB. I was trying to avoid deleting the partnership altogether just in case I lost anything, but will try that after trying the others if they both don't
    work. I'm pretty sure the cable is good because a) it worked moments before I set up Bluetooth, b) it makes the sound of connecting and disconnecting (although the connecting sound is now slightly different), and c) Bluetooth only worked when the cable was
    connected. It's like Bluetooth wants the cable, but isn't actually using it. Maybe it only wants it to actually establish the connection, and then stops using it - which could explain why it's not charging the battery. Note that other programs besides ActiveSync
    no longer recognize the device either (ie. my billing software), and if I click on "Safely Remove Hardware", it no longer shows up there.

The Q battery has never even been close to running out by the end of the day before, and after using Bluetooth, I couldn't even keep it charged all day - even after it was disabled. After disabling Bluetooth, I allowed it to completely drain and power
    off on its own, then fully charge, and that seemed to 'reset' it.

I'm away from my desk for the rest of this week, but will do this ASAP as I really need it to work, and will comment on how I made out.

Thanks again!

TheChique, Nov 21, 2016
  3. Want to stop using Bluetooth for ActiveSync

Hello. That is bizarre. If the BT connection was set up properly, you do not need to use the cable. At all. Just curious but what would happen when you opened AS on your Q and selected "Connect/Sync by Bluetooth" if you didn't plug the cable in? If you plugged
    the cable in in order to get it to sync, you must have been syncing by USB. I'm tending to believe that the BT connection was never made but the partnership now has some strange combination of BT and USB configuration. Again, be sure that you have a backup
    of all your contacts/calendar before you delete your AS partnerships. This free PIMBackup program should work on the Q to backup your PIM info to a storage card:

PIM Backup v2.80 freeware for Windows Mobile Phone.

Here's the user guide:

http://www.dotfred.net/PIM/Pim%20Backup%20quick%20user%20guide.pdf

Resourceful, Nov 21, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Nov 21, 2016
Thema:

1. Want to stop using password - Similar Threads - stop using password

2. WZCSVC Want to stop it

in Windows 10 Customization
    WZCSVC Want to stop it: Hello my name is adam My nickname in computer ''CzyTOZbychuSiema'' i have some problem with the internet i have like 5 min is normal then i have 1000 ms and thats working all the time like this 5 min after 5 min 1000 ms i read in the website its a problem with wzcsvc but i...
  3. How: Stop using a password or pin to get to the desktop

How: Stop using a password or pin to get to the desktop: What are the commands to go to my laptop w/o entering a PW or a pin#. How to keep the touch pad off permanently. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-stop-using-a-password-or-pin-to-get-to-the/7323df05-1e16-411d-b197-661b83429ecc
  4. Want to stop use Windows Insider Without losing data

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Want to stop use Windows Insider Without losing data: Hello, i have some problem here. I want to install Windows 10 Pro 1909 Version with ISO file but i can't keep my files, can you help me for that? By the way, for now im using Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview version 2004, i want to go back and not using insider preview, because...
  5. I do not want to use a PIN. I want to use a Password. How hard is it?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I do not want to use a PIN. I want to use a Password. How hard is it?: Ok, first.....I did not fall off the turnip wagon this morning and whack my head on a Maple tree. Using a PIN in place of passwords and two-step verification is one of the most insane, unsafe, non-secure things anyone could do. I do not want the stupid PIN, I will not...
  6. Password protected HP laptop that I want to be able to use.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Password protected HP laptop that I want to be able to use.: I recently acquired a cache of musical equipment and instruments and with it were several electronic controllers that require software to operate them. Along with the equipment there were 2 computers used for running the programs for the controllers. I found one of the...
  7. Windows login password. Do not want to use it at start up

Windows login password. Do not want to use it at start up: I have it set so I do not have to use my login password every time I start up my laptop. It works sometimes. This is what I do not to use it: right click START run type in- netplwiz ok uncheck (users must enter a user name, etc) apply type in password ok ok again restart...
  8. Windows login password. Do not want to use it to at start up

Windows login password. Do not want to use it to at start up: I have it set so I do not have to use my login password every time I start up my laptop. It works sometimes. This is what I do not to use it: right click START run type in- netplwiz ok uncheck (users must enter a user name, etc) apply type in password ok ok again restart...
  9. using windows 10 - want to change wifi password - how?

using windows 10 - want to change wifi password - how?: using windows 10 - HP Pavillion - want to change my wifi password - how do I do this?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/using-windows-10-want-to-change-wifi-password-how/f27267fc-2b2c-43ad-a3ee-d253cb3000ab
  10. Want to stop using password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Want to stop using password: How do I change my logon options so that I do not have to use either a password or PIN#? 31715