Windows 10: Want to upgrade Samsung Netbook N220 to Windows 10

Discus and support Want to upgrade Samsung Netbook N220 to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I want to try upgrading my Samsung Netbook N220 to Windows 10, if I can. It seems to meet the requirements, except for the graphics driver which is an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CharlesI, Apr 7, 2016.

1. CharlesI Win User

Want to upgrade Samsung Netbook N220 to Windows 10

I want to try upgrading my Samsung Netbook N220 to Windows 10, if I can. It seems to meet the requirements, except for the graphics driver which is an Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3150. I saw this post about upgrading the graphics card and the Microsoft download page here. Hopefully that still works.

Question 1: Will the OS run faster than Windows 7 Starter which is very slow on this machine?

Question 2: If I do a clean install will I lose the function key commands (which I need), such as volume control. What happens to CyberLink YouCam - not that I use it, but if I ever wanted to use the camera is there a Win 10 alternative?

Thanks
    Charles

:)

CharlesI, Apr 7, 2016
  2. Keohouse Win User

Failed upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10

The failure of the upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10.

Current situation

• Samsung N220 Plus netbook fails to boot into Windows or Windows Safe mode

• After hours of disk processing each stage of the Samsung Recover 4 Software appears but every process of the attempt to recover fails (there is no recovery disk available or backup - recovering the data is not critical). The only result is that the DOS
      prompt is available.

• Drive C: has no label and the Vol serial number is CADE-BOBE. No file found is reported.

• Drive D: shows as a Recovery drive but does not appear to provide a recovery situation.

• The drive that appears by default is X:\Windows\System32 but I do not have the knowledge to confirm that these are Windows 10 or Windows 7 files

• Typing the DOS command 'cmd' returns Version 10.0.10240 suggesting that Windows 10 is present and this is likely as the Window 10 logo appears on the screen during the boot up process. However as I used a recovery key from my Toshiba netbook to be able to
      boot at all this might not be the case.

• At one point I was able to start to load safe mode but apart from these words appearing top and bottom the screen remained blank.
    In summary - The netbook will only boot using the Windows 10 recovery key created from my Toshiba netbook and the only operation that I can perform is within MS-DOS. If I remove the USB memory key and power up the message reported is BOOTMGR is missing Press
    Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart.

Why does X: appear to hold the Windows files I wonder!

Living in hope but not expecting too much.

Keohouse, Apr 7, 2016
  3. Revert back to windows 7 or remain to windows 10

Original title: Recovery Solution

Currently i am running windows 7 starter(on samsung netbook in which disk can't be inserted) and i want to upgrade it to windows 10, but i want to know that when i run recovery whether it revert back to windows 7 or remain to windows 10?

sonukumarUG, Apr 7, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, Suggest you need to find out what, if anything, about your present configuration is slow before even considering upgrading.

A clean install is always preferable, especially where you're unsure if it's Win 10 compatible. You really really don't want issue inherited from an old OS when grappling with Win 10 issues and driver problems.

That will give you the best response, and discriminate what the OS is doing from things you've installed.

Now, netbooks have a small screen size. Earlier attempts to run Win 10 had problems with this. Not sure where that got to.

Basics.
    Does Samsung have a Win 10 compatibility list of devices? If yours is not on it, you're probably not going to win.

If you still want to try Win 10 on this, and think it's worth the effort, here's what I would do:

1. Check to see if Samsung has a Win 10 compatibility list. If not, check for your netbook type and Win 10 to see what experience people have had.

2. Use disk imaging (Macrium Reflect (free) to create a disk image of what you have now.
    Why? If things go wrong, you can be pretty sure you can restore it exactly as is.The image is also a full backup.3. Try a clean install of Win 10 and see what issues you have.

Samsung offers this:
    How to Upgrade to Windows 10 via USB

dalchina, Apr 8, 2016
  5. CharlesI Win User
    I successfully upgraded to Windows 10. I have a feeling that in their desperation to get as many people on to 10 as possible that Microsoft changed the requirements to include lower performing PCs. I'm certain that initially the Netbook did not have the required hardware (especially graphics card), but after cleaning most of the software I don't use off of it, the only requirement not met was hard drive space.

I tried to delete the D: partition but the delete option was greyed out in Computer Management. I read that this could mean there are startup files hidden in D: so I used a free partition management software to increase the space on C: dramatically (to over 100gb) and reduce the space on D:. The installation went smoothly and the PC is much faster running 10 than it was with 7 Starter. I suspect that part of the reason could be the extra space on C: but I also suspect that 10 is faster and leaner than 7 (with years of updates) was.

Thanks for your help.
    Charles

CharlesI, Jun 5, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    Glad it went well for you!

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Want to upgrade Samsung Netbook N220 to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - upgrade Samsung Netbook

2. Want to Upgrade for windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Want to Upgrade for windows 10: I want to upgrade to windows 10 but how mutch it cost for upgrading it from windows 7 to windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/want-to-upgrade-for-windows-10/56f313ad-f909-4495-b51e-2fb241c193a5
  3. Want to Upgrade for windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Want to Upgrade for windows 10: I want to upgrade to windows 10 but how mutch it cost for upgrading it from windows 7 to windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/want-to-upgrade-for-windows-10/56f313ad-f909-4495-b51e-2fb241c193a5
  4. Samsung N145 Plus Netbook hinge

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Samsung N145 Plus Netbook hinge: I recently found my old Samsung Netbook. I opened it up and took out the 250gb hdd and replaced with a 120gb ssd with Windows 10, When i put the computer back together, Just a few screws on the bottom of the laptop, the hinge would not close all the way, The screen would be...
  5. How to activate Windows 10 in Samsung Netbook

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to activate Windows 10 in Samsung Netbook: Hi I have installed Win 10 in Samsung Netbook with Win 7 starter pre installed Now I want to boot from Win 10 and use Win 10 since, support for Win 7 is going to stop Pl advise how to run Win 10 from my netbook...
  6. 10 on a Netbook? SUCCESS!

10 on a Netbook? SUCCESS!: Have you got a crappy old netbook that you can't even give away? Install Windows 10 and give it some love! What you'll need: A cold room. A powerful desk fan. PATIENCE! My Acer netbook has 1GB of DDR2 memory. A 32 bit Intel Atom processor running at a blazing 1.60...
  7. My netbook died after upgrading to 14385

My netbook died after upgrading to 14385: I went to upgrade both my desktop and netbook to 14385. I left them unattended, so I don't know in what step the problem happened. Now my netbook doesn't boot. The desktop is fine. The netbook restarts over and over just after the POST screen, without a way to enter safe...
  8. Upgrading a netbook

Upgrading a netbook: Currently performing an upgrade on a msi wind u100 running Windows 7. I have a USB key and started the upgrade process. It asked to check for updates and I accepted. Now it's been checking for updates for two hours. Should I just cancel and restart the process? 30848
  9. Netbook

in Windows 10 Support
    Netbook: Upgraded my Samsung n145plus netbook to w10. Finally metro apps work at full screen at 1024x600 without shoody resolution hacks [img] The start menu is a bit rough, and the new search feature takes a time to start. The cortana thingy doesn't work on my region. The new...
  10. acer aspire one d 150 netbook upgrade to windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    acer aspire one d 150 netbook upgrade to windows 10: acer aspire one d 150 netbook 2 gig ram 120 gig hd Processor / Chipset CPU Intel Atom N270 / 1.6 GHz Cache L2 - 512 KB Data Bus Speed 533 MHz Chipset Type Mobile Intel 945GSE Express Graphics Processor Intel GMA 950 10.1 inch monitor upgraded it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. samsung n220 windows 10

2. samsung n220 plus ram upgrade

3. samsung n220 media player driver

4. samsung n220 treiber Windows 10,
  5. which windows for a Samsung n220,
  6. n220 atom computer slow,
  7. samsung n220 and windows 10