Windows 10: Wanting to buy Windows 10 OS online as a download--how to and where?

Discus and support Wanting to buy Windows 10 OS online as a download--how to and where? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm in China about to purchase a desktop computer--not a name brand but assembled by parts I choose. As many know here, more often than not the Version... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pintree3, Aug 24, 2018.

1. pintree3 Win User

Wanting to buy Windows 10 OS online as a download--how to and where?

I'm in China about to purchase a desktop computer--not a name brand but assembled by parts I choose. As many know here, more often than not the Version sold (or given) to you is a cracked version. I absolutely do not want that and buying a legal English copy is not easy either. Hence one choice I have is buying it here, online perhaps at the Microsoft website. BUT I am not sure where to go. It is not a CD to be mailed to me that I wold want since that would mean -a- extra costs and -b- wait more time hence an ISO would be the solution.
    So I know you can download ISO but that is on the assumption you already own a copy, which in this case I don't (Well I do but one is with my laptop and one is with my PC back home in Canada).
    So where can I buy a downloadable copy and will I run into any problems once I install it?
    Thank you

:)

pintree3, Aug 24, 2018
  2. Kursah Win User

Download Windows 10 TH/RS

*Shadedshun :shadedshu:

Dude, please stop bashing things you don't fully understand.

SFC is the first step, System File Checker. That can fix many issues using various flags and knowing the context, and is a first step when there is doubt about system integrity. This is a simple utility and using SFC /Scannow will be the most commonly used flagged command for initial repair diagnostics. Takes a few minutes and is worth doing to resolve issues. While it can repair many issues, there's also many it cannot. That's where the next step comes in should you need it.

DISM, or Deployment Image Servicing and Management, is the big gorilla in Windows OSes for repairs and image management. It has a wide variety of uses from image capture and deploy to repair.

The common command for DISM was DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth,

Just running this can result in a system being repaired, but since the launch of Windows 10, the image check has become more complicated, requiring you have the Install.WIM file available for the OS version you're trying to repair. This is relatively, though with Microsoft's deployment of Windows 10, most ISO's you get from them have an Install.ESD that must be converted to a .WIM file. Pretty easy to do with a command in CLI or Powershell.

I typed up an article about this in the past...I'll go ahead and share it here for a series of steps a person could take to repair OS corruptions in Windows 8, 8.1 and 10. It's not hard to do, but takes some attention to detail, being able to handle command line (which is easy), and a little patience.

I've personally fixed/repaired dozens if not hundreds of systems with these utilities, because simply... THEY WORK. How do I know? Because I'm a systems and network professional that has to manage 100s of Windows PCs ranging from XP to 10, and where we can use these utilities to repair corruption, we save a ton of time. My technicians, bench guys and engineers all know and use the hell out of these utilities.

I find it hard to accept your statement above as something acceptable to even say here, it clearly shows your lack of experience with using the repair utilities SFC and DISM correctly or looking into what the failures were and how to fix them appropriately. Nor is that kind of crap even what TPU is or has ever really been about, and being such a long time member I would have expected you know that...though you've always been that way so maybe it's just habitual...surely not helpful to anyone else participating in this thread, or even yourself.

The OS is literally telling you what is wrong and where it's keeping the information so you can look into it further, that's not whining, that's stating facts. Nice try though. If you don't want to learn how to fix OS corruption, don't blame the OS or tools, blame yourself and shut up about it, and don't bitch about the OS utilities whining...LOL, because in reality wouldn't your bitching mean you're whining??? *Slap :slap:

So knock that shit off and let's fix the issues instead k? *Wink Wanting to buy Windows 10 OS online as a download--how to and where? ;)

Kursah, Aug 24, 2018
  3. R0H1T Win User
    Windows 10 forced download

Turn "BITS" service to off or disabled & windows update to manual. Whenever you want to update windows, security &/or optional patches, just turn on "BITS" & start Windows update service & let OS do the rest. You might have to uncheck anything win10 related manually if it's in the download list.

Turning BITS off is the easiest way to save your bandwidth, even if you have ample amounts of it.

R0H1T, Aug 24, 2018
  4. P4-630 Win User

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

Click to expand... Yeah I went to that site, why do I need to buy a key?
    I won't buy a key, stupid.

I'll revert back to windows 7 then.

When I still was on windows 7, about a year ago I added 4GB extra ram which is a total of 8GB now,
    is that causing the problem?

P4-630, Aug 24, 2018
Thema:

1. Wanting to buy Windows 10 OS online as a download--how to and where? - Similar Threads - Wanting buy online

2. Where to Buy Old Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where to Buy Old Windows: My Company, Production Department to be exact buy a Machine but the controller program require to run on old Windows XP.Im still asking the vendor if they could make it works on Windows 10.Now i am trying to get Plan B if in case the vendor unable to makes it work, how can i...
  3. Where to buy

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Where to buy: What is a fair/running price for Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit, download onto USB? Amazon only has the download but not the USB. Just build my first computer. Now need the software. Also, I'm a teacher but I don't want the education version. submitted by /u/Fightforone [link]...
  4. Where to buy Windows 10 ARM?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Where to buy Windows 10 ARM?: I am trying to get a license for ARM-based Windows 10, to install in on M1 Macs. Does anybody know where to get it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-to-buy-windows-10-arm/ea1d1b2b-9e1b-4249-afd9-cde666a92314
  5. how/where to buy product key?

how/where to buy product key?: i want to buy a product key of windows 10 home for my pc but i cant get any clear info on the easiest way to do it. is there a version i can buy that just comes with the key or would a disc version come with a key so i could not use the disc? what's the difference between a...
  6. Windows 10 Pro purchase online Microsoft website - where to download?

Windows 10 Pro purchase online Microsoft website - where to download?: Anyone purchase Win 10? Showing me shipping in progress? Only need to download Win 10 and get product key. I don't have the option to download it. I can go the the local computer shop and get Win 10 faster If I ask for a refund, there is an option that says "Return the...
  7. Where to buy legit Windows 10

Where to buy legit Windows 10: Hi all, thanks in advance for your help. I need to upgrade to Windows 10. There are these surveys that you can take to help you know if you should upgrade or buy a new computer. No matter how I answer, the results say buy a new computer. I'm not going to do that. So where...
  8. Can I buy Windows 10 online for download?

Can I buy Windows 10 online for download?: Hi, Can anyone tell me if (and how, if possible), I can buy a license for Windows 10 Pro 64-bit online and then download installation media? It would help me a lot if I can do this right now as opposed to having to order or go to a store for physical media (and a license...
  9. Buying windows 10 from online stores

Buying windows 10 from online stores: Is it legit to buy licenses from amazon or newegg that are called OEM keys? They go for like 100$ I believe, like this one on amazon for example:...
  10. Where to buy a WIN 10 H0me License Key to Download

Where to buy a WIN 10 H0me License Key to Download: upgrading from Win 7 to Win10. Have the flash drive that was use on a different computer so need a second license to download for the upgrade...