Windows 10: WAP viewing settings

Discus and support WAP viewing settings in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I created WAP from an old belkin router and it works fine. i want to change the SSID of this ‘ WAP’ can’t remember how to do this...I changed the I.P... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by reddwarf4ever, Aug 9, 2018.

1. WAP viewing settings

I created WAP from an old belkin router and it works fine.

i want to change the SSID of this ‘ WAP’ can’t remember how to do this...I changed the I.P address to 192.168.1.100 as per the conversion procedure.....this was setup for a friend, is it possible that I can’t access it as the friends router and mine have a different range ?

or is there a way I can do it ?

i lugged it into my laptop, but couldn’t access the WAP

thanks

:)

reddwarf4ever, Aug 9, 2018

2. setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, Aug 9, 2018
  3. antoniscy Win User
    WAP(GPRS) Settings for Nokia 8800

Hi guys..

This is the first Nokia i buy that does not accept my provider's SMS with the GPRS and MMS settings.. Why is this?

I tried setting a wap account manually but its too complicated and i cant figure it out.. Whats with all these access point stuff and proxy..

Anyway the manual settings for my provider are in the link below :

Κινητή/miHelp/WAPsettings.htm

Can someone please tell me what to do (Step by step if possible) to set a wap account?

Thanks

antoniscy, Aug 9, 2018
  4. Johan45 Win User

WAP viewing settings

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Aug 9, 2018
Thema:

WAP viewing settings

1. WAP viewing settings - Similar Threads - WAP viewing settings

2. Setting Folder View Defaults

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Setting Folder View Defaults: I despise Windows Explorer, because I set the view I want for EVERY folder to open in, then MS decides, seemingly arbitrarily, to open folders or display search results in other views.Is there any way to fix this other than going to Redmond and taking the MS programmer...
  3. Setting folder view

in Windows 10 Support
    Setting folder view: Hi. I have folders on my E drive which I like to see in List view. Some of those folders contain sub-folders which I also like to see in List view. When it comes to the actual files, I'd like them shown as Large Icons. Is such a setup possible? Thank you. (version 1903) 159581
  4. Strange view network settings

Strange view network settings: After a Windows update, the network settings is changed. How to fix ?? I have un-installed the latest updates, but this view is stil the same. OS: Windows 10 Enterprice Build: 18363.836 [ATTACH]...
  5. Protected View Settings?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Protected View Settings?: When I create a Word document on one PC (saving it to my Network Attached Storage), then open it on a different PC, I get this protected view option. Here's a pic. [ATTACH] To disable this, there's a setting to uncheck. When I click on "Be careful-files from the internet...
  6. WAP IP Address

WAP IP Address: How does one find the WAP's IP Address (without Fing, Wire Shark, etc.) Example: When I am on my home network, if I type in "ipconfig /all" in to CMD, and type the IP address of the default gateway in to my web browser, I can login to my ISP's router/ WAP. However, in the...
  7. Advice on WAP

Advice on WAP: Hoe this is the correct forum have created WAPs from old routers in the past and worked well. Need to set one up for a family member, but require the WAP to have a strong a signal ( as the router ) as possible. does it make a lot of difference if I use an old BT or other...
  8. 8 port switch vs WAP

8 port switch vs WAP: I have a network cable from my router to a socket in another room. Am I better off using an 8 port switch ( e.g. netgear ) or just convert a wireless router to a WAP ( which I know how to do ) I will end up with 3 outlets using the WAP method, but thats enough....so...
  9. Netgear DG834G as a WAP

Netgear DG834G as a WAP: setting the country and security level etc seems a bit flaky in this router, keeps losing settings, even after apply...sometimes the password option window doesnt appear.....I eventually got the settings to stick, logged out ( maybe this is the magic bit ) then logged in...
  10. File explorer view settings

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer view settings: I know how to set the view display when browsing folders, but if I use the search facility, the default view is always Content. I would rather the default view for searches, and indeed all views in File Explorer, to be Details. How do I change the default? 105136