Windows 10: warning about "Bitdefender" upon reboot, but it's not even installed!!

Discus and support warning about "Bitdefender" upon reboot, but it's not even installed!! in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Every time I reboot my machine, I get some message about a Bitdefender log file in C:\windows\temp. First of all, I don't recall ever installing... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by zoldos, Aug 13, 2015.

1. zoldos Win User

warning about "Bitdefender" upon reboot, but it's not even installed!!

Every time I reboot my machine, I get some message about a Bitdefender log file in C:\windows\temp. First of all, I don't recall ever installing Bitdefender, and two, I can't find any mention of it in any file, app, or setting.

Should I be worried about this? Thanks!

:)

zoldos, Aug 13, 2015
  2. hitch_11 Win User

about " memory full . close ... " problem ! n97 and equalizer !

i dont have any problems of those u listed i exit frrom all applications when i finish ! well this means there is no solution so thanks a lot nokia warning about "Bitdefender" upon reboot, but it's not even installed!! :(

and about the music i was talking about the phone loudspeaker .. !

hitch_11, Aug 13, 2015
  3. hitch_11 Win User
    about " memory full . close ... " problem ! n97 and equalizer !

1-hey ..! i did a format to my nokia n97 few days ago .. before i did the format i had the problem that sometimes when i go to photos its says " memory full close some applicartions ..." and now i have it again ! so i just wanna know how to
    solve this problem its really annoying !

2- my best music kind is trance ,, but i dont enjoy listening trance on my n97 coz music does'nt sound good for this kind of music .. so i want to know if there is a way to make n97 music sounds like x6 or even 5800 ( i guess ) .. through some
    application or through equalizer or whatever ! i dont wanna get another phone warning about "Bitdefender" upon reboot, but it's not even installed!! :(

hope u help me .. ! thanks warning about "Bitdefender" upon reboot, but it's not even installed!! :)

hitch_11, Aug 13, 2015
  4. Borg 386 Win User

It could be something that tried to install without your knowledge & didn't succeed.

Wouldn't hurt to run a scan with Malwarebytes (The free version will work fine) & AdwCleaner.

After installing malwarebytes, uncheck the box marked "Start free 14 day premium trial" & then do a full system scan & see what it finds.

Borg 386, Aug 13, 2015
  5. zoldos Win User
    Okay thanks! I did catch a nasty virus just after installing Windows 10 (I used system restore and it fixed it). Could there still be some remnants left over? Anyway, I'll check out those two programs! I also have ESET Smart Security, Spybot Home AS/AV, and SuperAntiSpyware Pro (I'm not paranoid lol).

zoldos, Aug 13, 2015
  6. Borg 386 Win User
    Paranoia is just another level of security *Wink. And not one AV catches everything 100%. Malwarebytes plays well with other AV's & a regular scan is another way to ensure all stays well on the OS.

Borg 386, Aug 13, 2015
  7. zoldos Win User
    *Biggrin I ran both as you suggested. Malwarebytes found about 200 items, but the other found nothing. When I rebooted after the Malwarebyte scan, I still saw the message, but the system rebooted anyway. Very strange!!

zoldos, Aug 13, 2015
  8. warning about "Bitdefender" upon reboot, but it's not even installed!!

Did you choose to remove items. You select all click remove it then asks you for a reboot

ronaldo9r9, Aug 13, 2015
  9. zoldos Win User
    Yes, that's what I did. Bitdefender isn't malware apparently, but a legit AV which may be why it's not detecting it. But I simply can't find it anywhere, and I've run extensive file/setting searches....

zoldos, Aug 13, 2015
  10. Borg 386 Win User
    The process may be running or Win search isn't seeing it. You can d/l & run RKill, then run any malware scanners.

RKill Download

Doing a search with Windows search will not always show everything. A good (and Free) utility is Agent Ransack, an advanced search program. This will dig into the system & show you things a Windows search cannot normally find.

Agent Ransack – Mythicsoft

Borg 386, Aug 13, 2015
  11. zoldos Win User
    But won't it NOT be detected if it's just a normal program? I Googled Bitdefender and it's just an AV. The question is, why is it on my PC. It doesn't seem to be doing any harm and I've now run at least 5 different malware/spyware/AV scanners and a rootkit scanner and nothing is showing up except the usual cookies and a few registry entries. So I may just leave it alone....

zoldos, Aug 14, 2015
  12. Borg 386 Win User
    Well, it is true, Bitdefender is a legit program. How it got into your OS is the mystery part if you never installed it. It could have been bundled with a program you d/l ed depending on if it came from the source or a host d/l site.

Borg 386, Aug 14, 2015
  13. hawkman Win User

Bitdefender services are usually prefixed gz, search for gziface, gzserv.

Im using Bitdef on my W7 and have Nothing in my temp file using that name

Roy

hawkman, Aug 14, 2015
  14. zoldos Win User
    That could be it. The "parent" program might have been uninstalled. Oh well, I'm not going to waste any more time on it I suppose lol

zoldos, Aug 14, 2015
  15. ash55 Win User
    Bitdefender is one of the best AV programs on the market, I use it *Smile and it doesn't slow down the machine like many others do. Do you know what version it is? This may help Uninstall Consumer Trial

ash55, Aug 14, 2015
Thema:

1. warning about "Bitdefender" upon reboot, but it's not even installed!! - Similar Threads - warning Bitdefender upon

2. Update Reboots without Warning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update Reboots without Warning: The Windows 10 operating system needs an internet connection to function at its best.This means that all updates are downloaded and installed at random times, as soon as they are made available; and the installation is followed by a reboot.This reboot could take place without...
  3. Update Reboots without Warning

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update Reboots without Warning: The Windows 10 operating system needs an internet connection to function at its best.This means that all updates are downloaded and installed at random times, as soon as they are made available; and the installation is followed by a reboot.This reboot could take place without...
  4. bitdefender install error

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    bitdefender install error: once I have downloaded the installer and the whole download is complete it says cannot copy installerinstall error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/bitdefender-install-error/fae2a092-e833-41b3-a062-06c9460b687a
  5. Warning about Onedrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Warning about Onedrive: Onedrive MOVES files and folders (even from other partitions) and place them in a new folder called "Onedrive" in the C: partition. I decided to use onedrive, I figured it was a good way to store docs and files I use on several pc's and phones when out of office. Soon...
  6. Bitdefender Threw Up A Ridiculous Infected File Warning

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitdefender Threw Up A Ridiculous Infected File Warning: At least I think it was ridiculous. I was on Windows Central and wanted to create a double click system restore point using a shortcut (scroll down) on the page: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-c...e-double-click and Bitdefender came at me and said: The file...
  7. Windows 10,a warning about installing Visual Studio

Windows 10,a warning about installing Visual Studio: When I install Visual Studio, a warning always says that I have to delete DXGIDebug.dll, or it's unsafe to run "Unknown". And the dll can't be deleted from my PC. I can install the VS successfully,but the warning still appears when I run the VS sometimes. It doesn't...
  8. No update installation even after reboot

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    No update installation even after reboot: I got a couple updates and they indicated they were "waiting for restart". I restarted my computer and was surprised it didn't go through the whole "Configuring Windows Updates, do not turn off your computer" routine. After it was completely rebooted, I went into Settings,...
  9. Bitdefender Install Borked It???

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bitdefender Install Borked It???: I've been getting BSOD's periodically ever since installing a trial version of Bit Defender last Sunday. Going back with a pre-install restore point did not help. Tried that again today, but the restore failed and all the restore point files were gone after reboot. I've also...
  10. Cannot Install Windows 10. Installer hangs upon reboot.

Cannot Install Windows 10. Installer hangs upon reboot.: Hi everyone. This is my first post on this forum, and I have registered because I cannot upgrade or clean install my pc to windows 10. I am running windows 7, and was able to upgrade to windows 8.1 easily, but i did not like the new interface and found it too cumbersome, so i...