Windows 10: Warning: iMac BOOTCAMP - Clean Install - BSOD Inaccessible Boot device

Discus and support Warning: iMac BOOTCAMP - Clean Install - BSOD Inaccessible Boot device in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My Son has an iMac on which he was running Windows 7 Pro via bootcamp. He wanted a clean install of Windows 10 Pro ... Installed the upgrade all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MikeWilliams, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Warning: iMac BOOTCAMP - Clean Install - BSOD Inaccessible Boot device

My Son has an iMac on which he was running Windows 7 Pro via bootcamp.

He wanted a clean install of Windows 10 Pro ...

Installed the upgrade all went well.
    Made sure Windows was activated.
    Grabbed keys using Magic Jelly (now know this was flawed *Sad) just in case.
    Started the revert process saying no to retain settings and format partition.

On Start up got BSOD with message Inaccessible Boot device ...
    Obviously the boot sector on the windows partition got screwed up ...

Booted back to OSX, used bootcamp assistant to wipe the old partition, then create a new one and re-install from official iso (downloaded using my MSDN subscription).
    Installed fine but would not active, message said key ending "3V66T" had been blacklisted grrrr, so much for auto re-activation. Maybe the "new" bootcamp had a different signature???
    So had to use up one of my MSDN keys for him, no big deal for me, but a right pain in the ... for anyone without an MSDN subscription.

I have done a search for the key and I can confirm that the key ending "3V66T" seems to a generic key baked into the iso.

:)

MikeWilliams, Aug 2, 2015
  2. JimWynne Win User

windows on bootcamp

See
    Boot Camp Support
    . BTW, it's iMac.

JimWynne, Aug 2, 2015
  3. Bootcamp and 1709 Update

Make sure you clone your Mac os with Carbon Copy Cloner and use Winclone to clone the windows 1703, just for precautions.

VallePaiva have you tried disabling SIP before you do the 1709 update. Boot to recovery partition and open

terminal under utilities. input command "csrutil disable". Restart and try to install 1709 update. If it installs make sure you go into recovery afterwards and run "csrutil enable" to re-enable SIP. If it doesn't
    install you may have to reinstall windows 10 again by downloading the newest ISO "1709 " version like I did on my iMac. I didn't have that much stuff installed on Bootcamp so not much software to reinstall.

Just maybe an idea but I think the High Sierra boot structure and the 1709 boot structure cause a conflict when you try to upgrade. My Time-line was:

1. iMac21 and MBP15both with 10.13.1 beta and bootcamp 1703

2 iMac wouln't update 1703 to 1709 MBP15 updates 1703 to 1709 no problem, Reinstalled Bootcamp with 1709 using DVD and the "Windows" boot (not efi boot) on the iMac.

3 iMac performs flawless update to 10.13.1 full (non-beta) update, MBP15 keeps erroring on 10.13.1 full update with "The Bootcamp 1709 partition will become unbootable.

4 Since the iMac and MBP15 OS X sides are setup as duplicates (so I can take my mac with me) I use CCC and clone the iMac to the MBP15.

5 Tested both machines and I can boot into each OS and Recovery plus both machines have shown no problems, the question is"What happens with the next OS X and Windows major updates.

PhilMillwee, Aug 2, 2015
  4. z3r010 Win User

Warning: iMac BOOTCAMP - Clean Install - BSOD Inaccessible Boot device

I upgraded then clean installed on my macbook air with not problem, when doing the clean install you shouldn't enter any serials and just skip/do this later at the prompts, then when the install completes it just recognizes the hardware and auto-activates.

z3r010, Aug 2, 2015
  5. Barman58 Win User
    Due to the huge amount of activity on the MS activation servers there have been quite a few reports of blacklisted keys on otherwise Ok installs, this has been blamed on issues at Microsoft's end due to the servers not being able to cope mayb give it a few days and try the old "blacklisted" key again

Barman58, Aug 2, 2015
  6. Are you using bootcamp to dual boot?
    When we re-installed after BSOD, we changed to size of the partition, maybe this was enough to trip up the auto activation.

7. To be expected ...
    Maybe better to wait till the dust settles to do clean installs.

8. z3r010 Win User

Yep it was bootcamp on dual boot, after the upgrade I went into OSX and deleted the partition and then recreated (50/50 split) and reinstalled - everything went fine.

z3r010, Aug 2, 2015
  9. Same as we did, must have been due to load on activation servers.
    Although we had 60/40 (OSX/Win) split before BSOD.

MikeWilliams, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Warning: iMac BOOTCAMP - Clean Install - BSOD Inaccessible Boot device - Similar Threads - Warning iMac BOOTCAMP

2. Windows 10 on iMac with Bootcamp

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 on iMac with Bootcamp: Can I transfer Windows 10 from my current computer to iMac with built in bootcamp program. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-on-imac-with-bootcamp/2bec7a24-8fc3-4dff-980e-35ffa4fca429
  3. BSOD inaccessible boot device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD inaccessible boot device: I keep getting the bsod for inaccessible boot device on my laptop. I can start up and use it normally for a certain period of time 5-15 min before it gives me the error message. I am not sure what to do. It also seems odd that I am able to use it as most people seem to not be...
  4. BSOD inaccessible boot device

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD inaccessible boot device: I keep getting the bsod for inaccessible boot device on my laptop. I can start up and use it normally for a certain period of time 5-15 min before it gives me the error message. I am not sure what to do. It also seems odd that I am able to use it as most people seem to not be...
  5. BSOD inaccessible boot device

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. BSOD inaccessible boot device error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD inaccessible boot device error: A couple of days ago I got the BSOD inaccessible boot device on my Windows computer after 2 years of problem free use. My only HDD is a SSD m.2 samsung 970 evo. When I list the volumes I have 3: Volume. Ltr. Label. ... Info Volume 0 C. reserved ... Volume 1 D ... Volume 2 E...
  7. Bootcamp on iMac Hardware error

Bootcamp on iMac Hardware error: Hi, I need Windows for work and use it on my iMac via Bootcamp. However, it occasionally keeps on crashing and get the following errors like this. Once it crashes, it keeps on crashing for about 20 mins. One of the report is like this: Happy to upload more. Problem Event...
  8. BSOD inaccessible boot device

BSOD inaccessible boot device: Hey so i literally cant turn my pc on , i keep getting the bsod and i have tried everything , startup repair , tried repairing my pc with an usb that has windows 10 on it , tried system restore , uninstall the latest updates but i cant even uninstall them , none of them...
  9. Windows 10 won't boot on iMac with bootcamp

Windows 10 won't boot on iMac with bootcamp: Hi, i am using an imac 5k retina 27inch 2017 and everytime i install windows 10 pro on the bootcamp, windows boots the first time and whenever i restart it even once it never boots again and goes back to the blue screen with trouble shoot options, i reset windows and it boots...
  10. BSOD - Inaccessible Boot Device

BSOD - Inaccessible Boot Device: Ok, I think I'm in a big doodoo now, really big. The rig is: Windows 10 1803 on an crucial ssd mx250 drive (ahcpi in bios), the latest dec 11 cumulative update was ready to be dowloaded, but has not been installed. Everything was fine, until I foolishly decided to follow...