Windows 10: Warning: Update 1511 tinkering with partitions?

Discus and support Warning: Update 1511 tinkering with partitions? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; First of all I would like to thank the Microsoft for all of the great things they have done to improve windows update in this recent OS release. *Shock... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by xdaimon, Dec 3, 2015.

1. xdaimon Win User

Warning: Update 1511 tinkering with partitions?

First of all I would like to thank the Microsoft for all of the great things they have done to improve windows update in this recent OS release. *Shock

So I have tried to install this update 2 times. Both attempts have left ubuntu un-bootable.

Warning: Update 1511 tinkering with partitions? [​IMG]

I will fix this problem, eventually. Not tonight, I'm too tired and busy. After that I am likely to do one of two things.
    1) Disable the winupdate service or whatever in win10
    2) Format the issue at its source.

It is silly... amateur. How can it be, that not one geek working at microsoft, who dual boots windows 10 and ubuntu, took notice of this hostile update?
    The whole can disable/can't disable updates based on the version of your windows just feels very high school drama-ish. Why as the owner of my pc, should I not have the power to delegate software updates as I see fit. Does microsoft own my pc or do I own my pc?

To be honest I really don't even care, I just want easy to download (i'm on old school dsl) and safe to install updates.

Just a warning I guess, to other dual booters.

:)

xdaimon, Dec 3, 2015

2. Apps and stuff I have on my N97

Have you checked all the settings on fring, you can change warning tones, not sure if you can solve it, but tinkering with the settings could produce an answer !

carman58---01, Dec 3, 2015
  3. BavonWW Win User
    bl initialize library failed 0xc0000bb

The problem is likely due to changes in UEFI either accidentally or from tinkering. Read, read, then read again before entering Secure Start area of BIOS.

You have been warned!

BavonWW, Dec 3, 2015
  4. davidhk Win User

I appreciate your frustration, but your execution of Microsoft might be a bit premature.

I am dual booting Win 10 Home version 10586.17 with Linux Mint 17.2 xfce.
    After reading your post, I went to check out my Linux.
    I had no problem booting to Linux at all.

davidhk, Dec 3, 2015
  5. xdaimon Win User
    Yes maybe.
    I have no clue what is going on. I do know that my linux setup was working fine yesterday, and i did nothing other than reboot to windows to try the update. No crazy linux things or updates or whatever that would harm the partion occured the last time i ran ubuntu.
    I do have ext2fsd installed on win10, the linux patition is setup as a fixed disk. Do you think this would this have anything to do with it?
    In a brief search i looked at the windows community questions and found a question about this problem. I just wanted rant, sorry. *Smile

xdaimon, Dec 3, 2015
  6. davidhk Win User
    That's ok. Not to worry.
    I have done my share of rantings when the computer was my worst enemy. I understand.
    I am not well versed in Linux. I wouldn't dare to offer suggestion on fixing Linux.
    Sorry.

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Warning: Update 1511 tinkering with partitions? - Similar Threads - Warning Update 1511

2. Cannot update from 1511

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot update from 1511: TLDR: Currently on windows 10 v1511 I cannot update to new version of windows. I recenlty got my hard disk updated to SSD and they didn't clone my windows partition. The manufactured resetted windows to the version which was shipped when I orignally bought the laptop. My...
  3. WIndows 10 Not Working Tinker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIndows 10 Not Working Tinker: Hello Windows 10 Tinker Does not Working in This OS ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-not-working-tinker/14b21bd8-00b2-4e63-83dd-82c8f6d6194e
  4. Microsoft Tinker

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Tinker: Microsoft Tinker doesn’t want to start. I use Windows 10 Home x64 but I see that ordinal 43 cannot be found at C:/Windows/xlive.dll https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-tinker/5d94f009-cea7-4d41-952b-65d82e930f11
  5. Update 1511 appeared then disappeared

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update 1511 appeared then disappeared: I'm on Win 10 (build 10240). I hadn't been getting updates for a while so did some troubleshooting and started to receive the updates yesterday, including the major November update 1511 [img] But the upgrade didn't complete. It went to the booting black screen with a...
  6. 1511 10586 update

1511 10586 update: Hi all, I have a Samsung Laptop which has Windows 7 Home edition on it. I have upgraded it to the Windows 10 Home and all is fine. Windows now informs me that an upgrade version 1511, 10586 is ready to update so I clicked check for udates and it says click to download,...
  7. Can't update to 1511

Can't update to 1511: I have an old Dell Inspiron 1420 laptop. 2.5 g of RAM. Intel DuoCore. Runs Win 10 without difficulty. Did all updates until 1511 and then won't update. Goes through the procedures and stops halfway through. Tried it many times. Ran SFC and it found no problems. Tried...
  8. Updated Version 1511 to anniversary update, 1607, but still at 1511

Updated Version 1511 to anniversary update, 1607, but still at 1511: Hello all. Running windows 10 pro 64 bit. I've updated from Version 1511 to the anniversary update, 1607. Or at least, I thought I did. The update went well, no hiccups, no errors. Used windows update, let it downloaded and install and rebooted. Alas, system...
  9. Manual Update to 1511

Manual Update to 1511: My PC has so far still not downloaded the big November update. *cry Windows Update seems to be doing its stuff though, as it is still finding small updates to apply on a regular basis. One problem though - it regularly finds, and fails to install update KB3081704. This is the...
  10. Bug after 1511 update

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Bug after 1511 update: Ihave a dell inspiron 620s computer. AfterWindows 10 1511 big update, icons rearrange to left whenever computerwake up from sleep. It's a matter of driver? If it is, where can Ifind it? I scanned at Intel and it said that no driver needed. Graphiccard: AMD Radeon HD 6450...