Windows 10: Was going to change bootres.dll with new one, deleted it

Discus and support Was going to change bootres.dll with new one, deleted it in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; but for some reason i can't restore it, it is in the recycle bin but won't let me copy the new bootres.dll or restore the original. All i did was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NunoLava1998, May 24, 2015.

1. Was going to change bootres.dll with new one, deleted it

but for some reason i can't restore it, it is in the recycle bin but won't let me copy the new bootres.dll or restore the original.
    All i did was change image of the logo, and it changed from 15 KB to 500 KB.
    How i restore my bootres.dll file back?

:)

NunoLava1998, May 24, 2015

2. Windows phone bootres.dll replacement

Hello,

I have a Windows phone running Windows 10 mobile. I have the phone in dev mode and have a few interop unlocks. I made a custom boot logo for the phone, and compiled it in the bootres.dll file for the phone. The problem is when I access Windows/BOOT on the
    phone, I cannot delete & replace the bootres.dll file for the phone. It says that I do not have permission. How do I get permission do this? I am doing the replacing and deleting from connecting my phone to my pc and managing the files in file explorer. File
    explorer gives me the warning message.

Thanks

ArushPCGuy, May 24, 2015
  3. Anyway to edit boot logo?

This link is a very safe method. It is about replacing the bootres.dll file. Even if you delete the file there is No Problem cause the only thing going if you don't do right is your logo. Go to this Youtube link:-
    . If your logo gets spoilt or something just run sfc /scannow on Cmd promt Admin.

AlbertSebastian, May 24, 2015
Thema:

Was going to change bootres.dll with new one, deleted it

1. Was going to change bootres.dll with new one, deleted it - Similar Threads - Was going change

2. Deleted Kernel32.dll

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted Kernel32.dll: Windows 7 ultimateI deleted kernel32.dll and closed my pc. Next day i turn on my pc but my pc can't boot. Always comes a black screen and then my pc restarts. I can't even open safe mode. Please help me!Can downloading windows 10 from dvd or usb can fix the problem?OrI need...
  3. Deleted Kernel32.dll

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted Kernel32.dll: Windows 7 ultimateI deleted kernel32.dll and closed my pc. Next day i turn on my pc but my pc can't boot. Always comes a black screen and then my pc restarts. I can't even open safe mode. Please help me!Can downloading windows 10 from dvd or usb can fix the problem?OrI need...
  4. Add new Admin...delete old one

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add new Admin...delete old one: Recently started a new job. The computer I'm using belonged to someone else previously. I was given their log in info so that I can use the files they created. They are now gone from the company. What's the best way for me to be able to actually log in as me, and still use...
  5. Add new Admin...delete old one

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Add new Admin...delete old one: Recently started a new job. The computer I'm using belonged to someone else previously. I was given their log in info so that I can use the files they created. They are now gone from the company. What's the best way for me to be able to actually log in as me, and still use...
  6. Deleting .dll Files??

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting .dll Files??: I've seen three different methods of deleting .dll files, and trust me when I say that I have doneALL OF THEM. I have attempted to force delete using del /f, unregister using Regsvr32 /u /s, and even double-checking to make sure I have administrative powers over the file...
  7. delete dll

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    delete dll: how can i delete a dll file which requires an authenticated user https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-dll/a03b83f9-ba40-4ff3-8b7d-d3044b0d50f3
  8. Safe deleting of dcdcomplier_47.dll

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Safe deleting of dcdcomplier_47.dll: I have just uninstalled a program that had on its Program Files also a d3dcompiller_47.dll file, altough I had already enabled legacy DirectX from DirectPlay and another copy of this file was already present in System32. After uninstalling the program, in Program Files were...
  9. Delete old administrator and create new one

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Delete old administrator and create new one: My 90 year old father cannot use his computer anymore and does not have any idea what his administrator password was. He does not want the computer, so he gave it to me. I need to change him out as the administrator to me. How can I do this? Do I need to take the computer to...
  10. Delete existing profile and create a new one

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Delete existing profile and create a new one: i purchased a computer from Frys. It was a return and the original purchaser has his profile on the computer. How do i delete his profile and create my own?...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bootres.dll windows 10

2. cant get permission to delete bootres.dll