Windows 10: Was Hoping To Like Edge

Discus and support Was Hoping To Like Edge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I understand it's supposed to be fast and simple, but I'm just not liking how it handles bookmarks. I hope I'm just doing this wrong, but with Google... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by rickaysen, Aug 28, 2015.

1. rickaysen Win User

Was Hoping To Like Edge

I understand it's supposed to be fast and simple, but I'm just not liking how it handles bookmarks. I hope I'm just doing this wrong, but with Google Chrome, all my bookmarks drop down and are logically located in the folders I created by subject. Edge seems to only want to display an abridged version of my bookmark list. Can anyone tell me how to reproduce a Chrome like drop down list of bookmarks?

:)

rickaysen, Aug 28, 2015
  2. Mark Ole Win User

I was hoping someone could helpmefindaprintdriver for LaserJet5 ,I amrunnng widows 10

Hi Rick,

To address your concern, we recommend these methods:

• Connect to a network and enable auto discovery.
    • Connect to a wired or wireless network.
    • Select Yes to allow Windows to connect to the private network and automatically discover and setup printers.
    • Wait for Windows to automatically detect and setup the printer.

• Install the driver now from Windows Devices and Printers.
    • Connect the network cable to the printer.
    • Open Devices and Printers.
    • Click Add Printer and wait for Windows to automatically detect available printers.
    • Select the printer and click Next.
    • If prompted, type the WPS PIN for the printer.
    • Follow the onscreen prompts to complete the installation.

If the printer was not listed, try the steps below.

• Click Add Printer.
    • Click The printer I want isn't listed.
    • Select My printer is a little older. Help me find it and follow the onscreen prompts to complete the installation.

If the printer is not found, try the steps below.

• Have the printer IP address or hostname ready.
    • Click Add Printer.
    • Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings
      and click Next.
    • Select Standard TCP/IP port.
    • Type the printer IP address or host name and then click Next.
    • Select Replace the current driver and click Next.
    • Print a test page.

• Install the driver using Windows Update or when connected to a different subnet.

• Run Windows Update.
    • Make sure the computer is connected to the internet.
    • Click Add Printer.
    • Select Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings and click
      Next.
    • Select Use an existing port.
    • Click Windows Update and wait for the update process to complete.
    • Click HP from the Manufacturer list and find your printer.

• Download the driver for later use or use on another computer.

• Go to Microsoft Knowledge Base article 323166 Non-HP site and read the instructions before proceeding.
    • Go to the Microsoft Update Catalog Non-HP site.
    • Type the HP printer name or model number (M351 or M475, etc.) in the search field, and then click
      Search.
    • In the Microsoft Update Catalog search results, locate the driver under the Classification column indicated by Drivers (Printers).
    • Select the driver option with the Windows 10 operating system indicated in the Products column, and then click Add.
    • Repeat this process for any additional print drivers in Windows and then download the updates.
    • Follow Microsoft's instructions to extract and install the driver(s) as described in Microsoft Knowledge Base article 323166 Non-HP site.

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Ole, Aug 28, 2015
  3. RickPow Win User
    I was hoping someone could helpmefindaprintdriver for LaserJet5 ,I amrunnng widows 10

Looking for help finding print driver for HP LaseJet5, I am running windows10

RickPow, Aug 28, 2015
  4. tcman50 Win User

Was Hoping To Like Edge

Edge Browser is not complete at the moment, bookmarking is underwhelming and of course the browser doesn't support extensions yet, future updates I believe are planned to fix some of this, coming in the fall.

TC *Smile

tcman50, Aug 28, 2015
  5. satchmo Win User
    First impression is so important. I am shocked that Microsoft would release the flagship browser for its new OS before it's ready for prime time.

satchmo, Aug 28, 2015
  6. Gary Win User
    It would be usable if they took all of the ads out of it.

7. Dude Win User
    Which ads Gary, I don't have ads when browsing with edge.

8. Was Hoping To Like Edge

I quite like Edge, not enough to make it my default browser, but I see the potential.

Interesting to see how it evolves when extensions are introduced, Adblock is a must.

frankenhooker, Aug 28, 2015
  9. Edwin New Member
    Create Folders then pin the Folders to the Favorites Bar. Edge is rather limited so far.

Was Hoping To Like Edge [​IMG]

Edwin, Aug 28, 2015
  10. Gary Win User
    These ads

11. Dude Win User
    Those are from the website, not edge.

12. Gary Win User
    As are most ads. If I go to that site using Firefox I do not see any ads.

13. Tony K Win User

Was Hoping To Like Edge

Hi there. Not familiar with Chrome, but here's my Edge Hub aka Favorites bar.

Create a new folder by right clicking anywhere on the list.

Scroll to the bottom and name the folder.

Please notice Rename or Remove on the context menu also when right clicking on a folder..

Move the folder or a single link on the list by left click holding and drag up or down the list. If by chance you make a mistake and place one in a folder, simply open the folder, grab the link, move it up to FAVORITES at the top (Move will appear), and release.

Here's the context menu list when right clicking a link.

You may keep the Hub open by clicking on the Pin button.

Tony K, Aug 28, 2015
  14. Gary Win User
    The same site using Firefox

No Credit Cards at the top.

15. rickaysen Win User
    Thanks for everyones comments. Glad to know it's not me...at least in this case anyway.

rickaysen, Aug 28, 2015
Thema:

Was Hoping To Like Edge

1. Was Hoping To Like Edge - Similar Threads - Was Hoping Edge

2. Kinda like the new sidebar layout. Hope they will keep improving the others to

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Kinda like the new sidebar layout. Hope they will keep improving the others to: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/madxmuk7lap61.png?width=408&format=png&auto=webp&s=0f87bfab8f2e96bf9b1a3ba31c88aa7c90937cf1 https://preview.redd.it/s1enlcjalap61.png?width=263&format=png&auto=webp&s=97583c3606983f1ef3a270499f8830c1134bc75f submitted by /u/MUKUND16...
  3. I hope this works . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    I hope this works . . .: I have, no cable company. I wish. I use WiFi, for everything. Movies a videos, stop and starts, stop and starts, stop and starts. It's so frustrating! My question is: Is it possible, to download, movies a videos? I'd store, everything, on my hard drive. That way,...
  4. I Hope, I Hope, I Hope, . . .

I Hope, I Hope, I Hope, . . .: I'm running Windows 10 Pro . . . I have a question, that may be impossible. But, would sure be nice. I accidentally copied files, over the same files. So now, every file has a copy, listed right next to it. Is their anyway, using a command or whatever? To delete, every...
  5. why is there a likeness of me on the edge icon

why is there a likeness of me on the edge icon: how to remove image of me on the new edge?????? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-there-a-likeness-of-me-on-the-edge-icon/e9e4b6a0-1c58-45db-955d-a67e53bd0ddd
  6. Microsoft Edge More like Angry Hard Hacker Edge?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Edge More like Angry Hard Hacker Edge?: My Microsoft edge browser is rubbish. because when i log into any website it says: {EDGE QUIT unexpectedly i try again it does the SAME THING!!?!?!?!?! i paid $2000 for a gaming pc and it does this absolutely rubbish!?!?!??! :...
  7. Liking the new edge browser

in Browsers and Email
    Liking the new edge browser: I'm really liking the new edge browser! Had no problem installing the new edge browser Set my browser language to UK and spell check to UK and all is working OK I particularly like the option to add extensions from the Chrome web-store On the the image below I have set the...
  8. Hoping for another opinion . . .

Hoping for another opinion . . .: I was removing the password from the login,lock screen. But, during the process, in the bios, I somehow deleted my account. Stupid of me!Now, I'm locked out of my computer. When, I put in my password, it says, try again. To reset my password, it says I need a DVD drive....
  9. Looks like you already own this Hope you’re enjoying it. Looks like you already own this...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Looks like you already own this Hope you’re enjoying it. Looks like you already own this...: Hi so i had minecraft windows 10 previously but i reset my pc. i just bought a minecraft code and when i try to redeem it then it says Looks like you already own this Hope you’re enjoying it. I dont have minecraft windows 10 installed on my pc because i reset it....
  10. Hoping to land a job

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hoping to land a job: Not sure where else to turn. Trying to learn effects software for employment. Through bootcamp assistant on my Mac, I have installed Windows 10. However to activate it, it says I need a product key. They cost $139, through Microsoft legit. I only need it for a day or two. Is...