Windows 10: Was Once seeing my external drive, plugged into the back of a D-Link Router. Not now?

Discus and support Was Once seeing my external drive, plugged into the back of a D-Link Router. Not now? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've had this D-Link router for a couple of years. At least that long I've had a 40g drive plugged into the back of this D-Link. It very handily makes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jackdashack, Jul 19, 2018.

1. Was Once seeing my external drive, plugged into the back of a D-Link Router. Not now?

I've had this D-Link router for a couple of years. At least that long I've had a 40g drive plugged into the back of this D-Link. It very handily makes this drive show up on every device I've had in Network or Network Places for moving files and such.

For a good while now, it's there, the next time its not there in NETWORK on the left side access of Explorer. Click on NETWORK and there it was. Not now. Used to be I could reboot the router and/or the computer and it might show. Now no more. I have a little old old netbook, an Acer Aspire XP probably 9 years old that in explorer is showing this Network Drive plugged into the back of the D-Link router. What has gotten into the mind of the Win 10 machine?

Thanks in advance very much. Jack ":-Dx

:)

jackdashack, Jul 19, 2018

2. D-Link Wireless Router Used as only LAN router

I have an old D-Link wireless router that I would like to use as just a LAN router for my WD external hard drives, My pc is connected to the internet through a wireless connection (Direct TV). I would like to simply hook up my external drives to my machine
    but there seems to be a conflict between having both my wireless connection enabled and the D-Link router enabled. If I just have the qwireless connection enabled I get internet just fine but when I then also enable the D-Link I lose the connection. If I hover
    over the network connection icon in the right side of the taskbar it shows two networks; the wireless with internet access and the LAN with no internet access. In this configuration I get internet access through the wireless adapter on the pc but then do
    not see my external drives in the windows explorer when I click on This PC (Windows 10). I have the LAN wire from the PC connected to one of the router output ports (#1) along with the WD MyBooks connected to different router output ports (#2, #3). Can't seem
    to figure it out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx,

airguy1988, Jul 19, 2018
  3. Ferdz Amp Win User
    Toshiba External USB drives not showing in Explorer or Disk Management Plug-in

Thank you for the update.

Looks like your system is unable to detect your external hard drive. Let's see if scanning for new hardware will fix the issue. Follow these steps:

• Press the Windows key to launch the Start menu.
    • Type in Device Manager and press Enter.
    • Under Device Manager, select Action tab > Scan for hardware changes.
    • Wait for your system to install the generic driver for your device and follow the on-screen instructions.

If the issue still persists, we suggest that you perform the following recommendations below:

• Plug in your external USB drives to other USB device port of your system.
    • Use other USB cables for your external device to connect to your system.

Keep us updated and we will be glad to assist you further.

Ferdz Amp, Jul 19, 2018
  4. Was Once seeing my external drive, plugged into the back of a D-Link Router. Not now?

External drive

Hi Richard,

There are several factors that can cause your external drive to not read DVDs even though the system is recognizing the device. This could be caused by a driver that needs to updated or corrupted files. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions
    below:

• Just to confirm, the device that is not working properly is a external DVD optical drive?
    • Were there any recent changes or updates installed on your computer?
    • Have you tried to plug the external drive to a different port on your computer?

As a initial recommendation, we suggest that your run the built in troubleshooter in Windows 10. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the Search bar and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” in the top left corner.
    • This will display the list of troubleshooters which are built-in in the computer. You can click on
      Hardware and Devices from the list and you can run the troubleshooter.

This will check for common errors that affect hardware on your computer and attempts to correct them.

We look forward to your response after completing the steps.

Jordan Dom, Jul 19, 2018
Thema:

Was Once seeing my external drive, plugged into the back of a D-Link Router. Not now?

1. Was Once seeing my external drive, plugged into the back of a D-Link Router. Not now? - Similar Threads - Was Once seeing

2. so my video folder is now linked to the D drive and i cant revert it

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    so my video folder is now linked to the D drive and i cant revert it: so i tried to move my videos folder to the D drive, however i did not move it to a specific folder i moved it right into the D: drive and now its linked to it, i can create folders from both of them...
  3. so my video folder is now linked to the D drive and i cant revert it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    so my video folder is now linked to the D drive and i cant revert it: so i tried to move my videos folder to the D drive, however i did not move it to a specific folder i moved it right into the D: drive and now its linked to it, i can create folders from both of them...
  4. so my video folder is now linked to the D drive and i cant revert it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Map network USB drives connected to my D link router

Map network USB drives connected to my D link router: OK, like the title says I can't get my two USB drives to show up on my new 10 Pro 64 box we just built. It sees my win7 ultimate box fine and all it's shares and my 7 box still sees the USB drives. My old 10 box with a I74960x saw the mapped drives too but this box refuses to...
  6. MSFS2020 On External D: Drive.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    MSFS2020 On External D: Drive.: Hi everyone, When I go onto microsoft store to download MSFS2020 I go onto the select location to download to bit and it doesnt let me use my external D: drive even though the D: is on I was wondering if it is actually possible to download it to a External D: drive....
  7. Why is my D-Drive and Desktop somehow linked / Why are there 2 D Drives?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is my D-Drive and Desktop somehow linked / Why are there 2 D Drives?: [ATTACH] I've been having this issue for a while and it still confuses me till this day. It's like... every time I've downloaded something, rather than downloading it and dragging it onto my desktop, it's already there. I mean... I'm use to dragging downloaded stuff onto...
  8. unable to see shared network drive on router

unable to see shared network drive on router: How do I setup windows 10 to be able to see all my shared network devices? I am looking for my //net-storage/drive that is on my router. I did it long ago for another computer but forget how I managed to accomplish the task....
  9. How to block Specific Ports? D-Link 3780 Router.

How to block Specific Ports? D-Link 3780 Router.: Does anyone know how to block specific Ports on a D-Link 3780 Router? I can't find instructions on how to block individual, specific ports, both inbound and outbound. Software Firewall on the computer isn't effective - blocking needs to be done from the Router's onboard...
  10. Windows things that My D drive is an external drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows things that My D drive is an external drive: Windows things that My D drive is an external drive does anyone know how to fix this? any help is much APRICATED Thanks in advanced [img] 85780