Windows 10: was win 7 upgraded to win 10 but on RESTART win 10 Problem!!!!

Discus and support was win 7 upgraded to win 10 but on RESTART win 10 Problem!!!! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I upgraded win 7 home to win 10... a dell notebook i5 processor 4GB RAM but PC starts OK - shuts downs OK but on RESTART win 10 Problem!!!! after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by lse123, Aug 31, 2015.

1. lse123 Win User

was win 7 upgraded to win 10 but on RESTART win 10 Problem!!!!

I upgraded win 7 home to win 10... a dell notebook i5 processor 4GB RAM
    but PC starts OK - shuts downs OK
    but on RESTART win 10 Problem!!!!
    after blue window icon and before show login screen
    appears a black screen and PC shows working or downloading - ....

after 15-20min (black screen is the same) so if press OFF PC after 5-10sec shuts down and if start from power ON this starts OK...

why the black screen...? I had AVG 2015 but Uninstalled but the same... state exist. I had and Defender enabled.

:)

lse123, Aug 31, 2015
  2. Jessen P Win User

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience which has caused.

• File, Run new task in Task Manager to start an Administrator CMD window. Use this to create a new administrator user with the following commands (changing “<password>” to something of the customer’s choosing):

net user test <password> /add

net localgroup Administrators test /add
    • This will give you a test user to try, which will confirm if the issue is user or system-specific.

Do get back to us for any issues pertaining in the future. We will be happy to help.

Jessen P, Aug 31, 2015
  3. was win 7 upgraded to win 10 but on RESTART win 10 Problem!!!!

I upgraded win 7 home to win 10... a dell notebook i5 processor 4GB RAM

but PC starts OK - shuts downs OK

but on RESTART win 10 Problem!!!!

after blue window icon and before show login screen

appears a black screen and PC shows working or downloading - ....

after 15-20min (black screen is the same) so if press OFF PC after 5-10sec shuts down and if start from power ON this starts OK...

why the black screen...? I had AVG 2015 but Uninstalled but the same... state exist. I had and Defender enabled.

Lse123polis, Aug 31, 2015
  4. was win 7 upgraded to win 10 but on RESTART win 10 Problem!!!!

If you are still running from the original upgrade from 7 to 10 get ready for this! Clean Install time! Windows 10 - Clean Install - Windows 10 Forums[2]=Installation%20and%20Setup

The upgrade from 7 or 8 but so much with 8.1 to 10 too often simply comes out "BUGGY"! And once you 10 activated better plan on dumping the upgrade install to see a fresh clean copy of 10 go on! That will clear any number of issues!

In fact to avoid seeing the original or last I should clean install of 7 from being upgraded over since I already have a working dual boot of 7 and 10 on the desktops here I booted into 7 just before getting back in here earlier and ran into 10 downloading "Finally" at this time by way of the Windows updates after having 10 since the end of July!

was win 7 upgraded to win 10 but on RESTART win 10 Problem!!!! [​IMG]

The automatic upgrade failed as I learned the first time around from having two additional storage drives plugged in and why a clean install is certainly advised once you have 10 on and activated the first time around!

was win 7 upgraded to win 10 but on RESTART win 10 Problem!!!! [​IMG]

Someone else has been seeing the same problem you are having however where registry values for Avast not AVG were removed but still was seeing black screens pointing at a video driver issue of some type. That person examined the boot logs which pointed to both and as well as has been the case for a large number of upgrades to 10 the same advice had to be given.

You do have one other option but will likely still end up running into the black screen issue of performing an in place Upgrade to Repair type of install over the existing upgrade which likely would be a waste of time for you there! Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade - Windows 10 Forums[2]=Installation%20and%20Setup

Night Hawk, Aug 31, 2015
  5. lse123 Win User
    Upgrade completed
    now normal operations can be done

Only restsrt of notebook in w10 have problem... after apply Restart black screen appears and needed press power on to shut down and again press power in to make a w10 start (not restart),...

Try disable Defender. ..? Hence may AVG try uninstall itself - I uninstalled it...before?

lse123, Sep 1, 2015
  6. Now is the upgrade activated?If so and you have everything important on the drive backed this would be a good time to wipe it clean and see a fresh copy of 10 go on! That will be much easier then continuing to try and debug a bugged up upgrade install! And you will find that AVG or any other av program is not the blame when the upgrade process itself is where most of the problems eminate from to begin with.

When you are performing an upgrade you actually leave the active desktop of the previous version which then stifles the active processes for the most part running in the background. That's the only the Windows installer can then be able to pack things up into the Windows.old folder as well as see the new ones take the place! The newer version's system registry is then updated which tends to leave the av and other softwares out of the loop requiring fresh installs while other programs and setting will remain intact.

What that boils down to is seeing the upgrade install pick up a lot of clutter left behind end up in the newer version's own system registy causing "Big Headache"! Time to say "bye bye" and get on with the clean install! You might even want to see the entire drive wiped clean in favor of seeing everything fresh and clean!

Night Hawk, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. was win 7 upgraded to win 10 but on RESTART win 10 Problem!!!! - Similar Threads - was upgraded RESTART

2. Win 7 to Win 10 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 7 to Win 10 Upgrade: I have a really nice laptop that rarely get used that has Win 7 on it but it's becoming outdated and lost Microsoft support. It's a shame the Win 7 has reached it's end of life. Laptop works great. It MORE than has the capacity to run Win 10 Processor, Storage, Cache etc.....
  3. Upgrade Win 7 to Win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade Win 7 to Win 10: I was given a Win 7 laptop recently. I am trying to figure out how to upgrade it to 10? Any ideas how I go about that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-win-7-to-win-10/cf7cfb0e-47d5-4031-a29f-468e37e00817
  4. Upgrade Win 7 to Win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade Win 7 to Win 10: I was given a Win 7 laptop recently. I am trying to figure out how to upgrade it to 10? Any ideas how I go about that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-win-7-to-win-10/cf7cfb0e-47d5-4031-a29f-468e37e00817
  5. Win 7 to win 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 7 to win 10 upgrade: This issue was posted 2 yrs ago and no solution was found then. It still has the same problem today on my Toshiba L775 laptop:Error: 0x8007001F - 0x20006 the installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with error during REPLICATE_OC operation while upgrading to Windows 10 from...
  6. Win 7 to Win 10 Upgrade

Win 7 to Win 10 Upgrade: So I'm biting the bullet and finally upgrading to Win10 from Win7 (upgrading my computer from Win7 hardware to Win10). However I don't have a Win10 key directly, but I do hear you can upgrade from Win7 to 10 for free still. How would this work in my case? Would I install...
  7. Win 7 upgrade to Win 10

Win 7 upgrade to Win 10: I currently have windows 7 and just found out I was to get a free upgrade to Window 10. How do I acquire it please? * Moved from Insider https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-7-upgrade-to-win-10/660e7921-eca1-4cde-be15-203ea0536f50
  8. Win 7 Win 10 upgrade problem.

Win 7 Win 10 upgrade problem.: When I upgraded to Win 10 from Win 7 in 2016 everything worked OK but I couldn't type in the search field for Edge or Cortina. I couldn't find a solution online before the back out period expired so I backed out of the update. I have continued using Win 7 since then. I would...
  9. upgrade win.7 to win 10

upgrade win.7 to win 10: I have 2 win 7 home that I upgraded to win 10 in my house they are fine But I have a win.7 home 32 bit in my shop out back i decided 2 days ago to upgrade it to windows 10 with media creation tool everything is working fine but I still don't have ver 1511 10586.36 I am...
  10. Upgrade Win 7 to Win 10

Upgrade Win 7 to Win 10: My Gateway laptop has Win7 Sp1 64bit installed. I've tried 5 different times to upgrade to 10. Using the 64bit creative tool the download goes great, completes and the install starts, then says "failed in first boot phase with an error during SYSPREP operation." Also shows...