Windows 10: WASAPI Exclusive Mode Not Working

Discus and support WASAPI Exclusive Mode Not Working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Coming here as a last resort before I format and reinstall Win 10... I have a GTX680 which is connected to my Yamaha RX-V681 receiver, up until now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ZachN85, Dec 18, 2016.

1. ZachN85 Win User

WASAPI Exclusive Mode Not Working

Coming here as a last resort before I format and reinstall Win 10...

I have a GTX680 which is connected to my Yamaha RX-V681 receiver, up until now I had it set up with PotPlayer and with DTS Passthrough enabled in the player.

Today I did a fresh reinstall of PotPlayer to re-setup SVP and since then, no matter what I tried I cannot get WASAPI Exclusive mode to work. I have verified that the Exclusive settings are enabled in the windows playback devices, tried several different audio renderers (ReClock, built in WASAPI) but I am still in shared mode, the windows mixer still controls the audio that's coming out of the player to the AVR.

Before this, it was working perfectly. All I did was uninstall and reinstall the player and filters, and I cannot get it to work. I tried MPC-HC as well, and same issue.

Help please.

Thanks

:)

ZachN85, Dec 18, 2016
  2. SektorDV Win User

Dolby Atmos not working in shared mode

Hi.

There is an option in Playback Devices>Advanced called "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device". That's *exclusive* (WASAPI) mode, as opposed to shared mode. In other words, shared
    mode is when the audio device isn't being reserved by a single application.

SektorDV, Dec 18, 2016
  3. Cortana issue with WASAPI

Hi everyone, it's my first hours of using Cortana when I found it don't work with WASAPI.

Issue: When the audio device is being used exclusively, Cortana cannot open any apps.

In my case, I used MPC-HC with reclock using WASAPI exclusive output. I told Cortana to open "This PC" for me, but it stuck on the screen with Staring XXX and those little balls keep flying under the icon. I can click on the icon and the program is opened,
    but this isn't what I wanted.

I understand Cortana cannot respond vocally, but shouldn't she continue the command even audio device is being used? It there any fix for this? (Don't tell me to give up WASAPI WASAPI Exclusive Mode Not Working :) )

benny10033, Dec 18, 2016
  4. DaddyG Win User

Hi there

Taken from this web page ...
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14986 for PC - Windows Experience BlogWindows Experience Blog

Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14986 for PC

Some things that we are already aware of:

Our class driver does not support ASIO
    Our class driver does not work in WASAPI exclusive mode in certain applications

For the most recent information on USB Audio in Microsoft Windows, see ..
    Installing the Microsoft class driver(s) for USB Audio devices – Matthew van Eerde's web log

Hope this helps

DaddyG, Dec 18, 2016
Thema:

1. WASAPI Exclusive Mode Not Working - Similar Threads - WASAPI Exclusive Mode

2. Exclusive Bug Pin not working in repair mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Exclusive Bug Pin not working in repair mode: Hello, thank you for begin here. My problem is bsod named process initialization failed to roll back the update I can not because in repair mode says my pin is incorrect, I have no password on the computer i have only pin and that does not work in repair mode, I can not start...
  3. Exclusive Bug Pin not working in repair mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Exclusive Bug Pin not working in repair mode: Hello, thank you for begin here. My problem is bsod named process initialization failed to roll back the update I can not because in repair mode says my pin is incorrect, I have no password on the computer i have only pin and that does not work in repair mode, I can not start...
  4. Exclusive Bug Pin not working in repair mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Wasapi exclusive mode with external hardware - the event driven callback time changes...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wasapi exclusive mode with external hardware - the event driven callback time changes...: I've got a simple program running in Windows 10, that allows connection with a hardware device. The hardware device is a DJ controller, connected via USB to the laptop, and the hardware supports WASAPI mode.Sine tone audio is sent to the device via WASAPI exclusive mode,...
  6. Wasapi exclusive mode with external hardware - the event driven callback time changes...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wasapi exclusive mode with external hardware - the event driven callback time changes...: I've got a simple program running in Windows 10, that allows connection with a hardware device. The hardware device is a DJ controller, connected via USB to the laptop, and the hardware supports WASAPI mode.Sine tone audio is sent to the device via WASAPI exclusive mode,...
  7. Wasapi exclusive mode with external hardware - the event driven callback time changes...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Exclusion don't work

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Exclusion don't work: Hi, I'm on the last windows 10 update, everything even the additional updates are installed.The exclusion feature doesn't work in windows defender.I found this...
  9. Fullscreen Exclusive Mode Help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fullscreen Exclusive Mode Help!: I like to play Fortnite in Fullscreen Exclusive Mode and the way to test if you are in exclusive mode is to press the volume button while in game and if it shows on the screen then u are not in exclusive mode. Ik windows has made it difficult to get in exclusive mode but I've...
  10. Spatial Sound in Exclusive mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Spatial Sound in Exclusive mode: Is there a way to use Dolby Atmos for Headphones or Windows Sonic in 24 bit?, because i tried to turn it on and change it to 24 bit but when i turn on Dolby Atmos for Headphones everything changes to 16 bit 48000 Hz...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. reclock wasapi bluescreen