Windows 10: Wasn't able to RDP into windows 10 machine. Even with firewall off.

Discus and support Wasn't able to RDP into windows 10 machine. Even with firewall off. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi Guys, I was able to RDP into windows 10 when i first install last Wednesday with other machine of the same domain. And today, I wasn't able to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GaryOng, Aug 10, 2015.

1. GaryOng Win User

Wasn't able to RDP into windows 10 machine. Even with firewall off.

Hi Guys,

I was able to RDP into windows 10 when i first install last Wednesday with other machine of the same domain. And today, I wasn't able to RDP in to my Window 10. I got a error of (the remote connection has timed out. Please try connecting to the remote computer again.) Under the remote setting, I choose (Don't allow remote connections to this computer). I have a different error, so clearly my computer was able to communicate to windows 10 but wasn't able to connect.

I was able to RDP out to other machine using window 10, it just don't accept RDP from other computer. Anyone of you having this problem ?

:)

GaryOng, Aug 10, 2015

2. Problem connecting to RDP

Hi,

I get problem to connect to the machine by RDP.

If I turn off Firewall, I can then connect to it by RDP. How to know which Inbound/Outbound firewall rule is leading to the error?

HuaMin Chen, Aug 10, 2015
  3. Keith Hod Win User
    After Windows 10 Pro upgrade, can no longer RDP into computer

I have a network with work stations connected to a domain, all running Windows 7 Pro. I upgraded a work station to Windows 10 Pro to test. Right off the bat, after upgrading to 10 Pro, I cannot RDP into the 10 Pro machine. The firewall is run through Symantec
    Endpoint, and nothing has changed on the firewall. I went through the settings on the 10 machine to make sure remote access was enabled. Any ideas?

Keith Hod, Aug 10, 2015
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Try rebooting your router and the computers? Are you trying to connect using computer names, or IP addresses? The computers on my network that I RDP into are assigned specific IP addresses by my router using DHCP reserved IP addresses. I use the IP address to connect, not the computer name.

NavyLCDR, Aug 10, 2015
  5. GaryOng Win User
    I restarted my computer already. Is in my office network. But anyway, when I play around with the remote setting option. I have different error msg. So clearly It was able detect my computer from login in. Just somehow it could not successfully login. I use IP and computer name. Both doesn't work.

Last thursday I was still able to RDP in. Then today when I came back office after some update was done. I wasn't able to RDP in anymore.

GaryOng, Aug 10, 2015
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    Unfortunately, my RDP is working and has always worked, but it is on a home network that I have 100% control of. Sorry I couldn't help more.

NavyLCDR, Aug 10, 2015
  7. GaryOng Win User
    I went searching around. There are people who encounter problem RDP into Windows 10. I just don't understand what wrong with mine. What other option do I need to take care of ?

GaryOng, Aug 10, 2015
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

I checked mine just now, all updates installed, I can RDP to my desktop that I use it on. I even just installed RDPWrapper which enables multi-user connection via RDP so the local account that my media server runs on remains logged in when I RDP in.

Are you on the same LAN or are you trying to come in through the internet? If you are trying to come in through the internet, do you have port forwarding setup on your router? Also, do you have UPNP enabled on your router? That should automatically set up port forwarding.

NavyLCDR, Aug 10, 2015
  9. GaryOng Win User
    Thank you for your patience.

I installed Win 10 on my office computer last week. First 3 day, I was able to login as per normal from other window 7 & 8 computer. After the weekend when I'm back to Office. I can't login in anymore. Both computer are of the same domain. To be simple, I can use window 10 RDP to window 7 & 8 which is my other PC. But I can't use the window 7 & 8 computer login back to Window 10. Is like one way traffic only. I'm sure I did not do any setting on my computer before I went for my weekend.

GaryOng, Aug 10, 2015
  10. NavyLCDR New Member
    Under the System Properties and Allow Remote Connections to this computer, have you tried unchecking the box below that for Network Level Authentication?

NavyLCDR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Wasn't able to RDP into windows 10 machine. Even with firewall off. - Similar Threads - Wasn't able RDP

2. I have a windows laptop machine that used to be able to rdp to another windows machine. Not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a windows laptop machine that used to be able to rdp to another windows machine. Not...: I made sure the machine being remoted into was pingable from the other computer, that it was allowing rdp access as well. Both machines run on windows 11. I also remoted in from a different machine successfully. The issue seems to be from the machine that is initiating the...
  3. I have a windows laptop machine that used to be able to rdp to another windows machine. Not...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a windows laptop machine that used to be able to rdp to another windows machine. Not...: I made sure the machine being remoted into was pingable from the other computer, that it was allowing rdp access as well. Both machines run on windows 11. I also remoted in from a different machine successfully. The issue seems to be from the machine that is initiating the...
  4. Unable to RDP to Windows 11 Machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to RDP to Windows 11 Machine: I hope someone can help as I have been pulling my hair out for a few weeks over this issue.I have a Windows 11 Virtual Machine in Azure which I have been able to connect to until recently. When connecting it gets to Securing connection and it then fails. I have tried a local...
  5. Unable to RDP to Windows 11 Machine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to RDP to Windows 11 Machine: I hope someone can help as I have been pulling my hair out for a few weeks over this issue.I have a Windows 11 Virtual Machine in Azure which I have been able to connect to until recently. When connecting it gets to Securing connection and it then fails. I have tried a local...
  6. RDP between two windows 10 21H2 machines fails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RDP between two windows 10 21H2 machines fails: I have two Windows 10 Pro 21H2 machines a laptop and a desktop. I have always been able to RDP from the laptop to the desktop without a problem until I installed the 21H2 update. After the update, I get the message: "The credentials that were used to connect to DESKTOP_NAME...
  7. Firewall or Antivirus software may have blocked the connection even with firewall off?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Firewall or Antivirus software may have blocked the connection even with firewall off?: Hi, I'm trying to access a public WiFi location, and get the notification that firewall or Antivirus software may be blocking the connection. I've tried turning the firewall off and still get this result. Help?...
  8. Windows 10 blocks all incoming external connections even firewall set to off

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 blocks all incoming external connections even firewall set to off: I have a web server running Win10Pro, a comcast router setting port forwarding from external connections to my server port 80. Internal IP access is working properly but external access is fail. I have uninstalled the Mcafee PC Security and turn the Windows Defender's...
  9. RDP asking for firewall rule when there is no firewall

in Windows 10 Customization
    RDP asking for firewall rule when there is no firewall: So I'm trying to enable RDP on a Windows 10 box and when I do it tells me I need to enable a firewall rule for port 3389, which I would but I'm not using a firewall, its completely disabled. Do I have to use a firewall in order to set the rule or am I missing something???...
  10. RDP: 10 Local Machine - XP Remote Machine Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    RDP: 10 Local Machine - XP Remote Machine Problem: I can copy and paste only text and screenshots. 78047