Windows 10: Wasn't defender supposed to turn off by itself having Webroot?

Discus and support Wasn't defender supposed to turn off by itself having Webroot? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I made the upgrade from 8.1 to win 10 and dabbing around with it now. I had latest version of webroot AV installed. After the transition, it seems that... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by event3horizon, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Wasn't defender supposed to turn off by itself having Webroot?

I made the upgrade from 8.1 to win 10 and dabbing around with it now. I had latest version of webroot AV installed. After the transition, it seems that both defender and webroot are running at the same time. Now obviously I don't want two protection system. It'll slow crap down. Defender hasn't automatically turned off. Do I really have to go through manual turn offs through registry and junk?

:)

event3horizon, Jul 30, 2015

2. How to fix KB2267602 (definition 1.211.411.0) - Error 0x80070643

I'm also getting this error

Background - after November Update Defender was (initially) turned on. This despite the fact that I have Norton installed (and running) and as I understand it, Defender is supposed to automatically disable itself in this situation.

After a further restart Defender did turn itself off but not before Windows Update attempted to download the latest definitions - and now continues to do so - failing to install the update each time.

I note today that Microsoft have pulled the 1511 update from their ISO site - seemingly without an explanation.

Related perhaps?

Alan1964JC, Jul 30, 2015
  3. Windows Defender keeps turning off

I have had Windows 10 since summer of 2017. I've used Windows Defender almost exclusively. I used Spybot for a bit, but it wasn't working properly, so I removed it fully and turned Defender back on (this was last year). For the last 2ish months, it keeps
    turning itself off. I am in no way turning it off. I have no other spyware/malware/virus programs on my PC. This is getting very aggravating. To make things worse, today it wouldn't let me turn it back on. Any help would be appreciated.

DeannaS729, Jul 30, 2015
  4. Wasn't defender supposed to turn off by itself having Webroot?

TairikuOkami, Jul 31, 2015
  5. pete1208 Win User
    I believe you have to do the manual turn offs. If you try and just disable real time scanning via the UI, W10 nags about it in the notification area. I was zipping a file the other day and defenders CPU use shot up quite a bit.

pete1208, Aug 11, 2015
  6. Victek Win User
    It may be that Windows Defender was not turned off because Webroot SecureAnywhere products are designed to get along with other antivirus. To turn off Windows Defender see the tutorial:

Windows Defender - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Victek, Aug 11, 2015
  7. ossie Win User
    When I upgraded my PC to windows 10 Defender got turned off. When I upgraded the laptop to Windows 10 Defender was still running at same time as Webroot. I then un-installed Webroot and then run their clean up tool WRUpgradeTool.exe. When I then re-installed Webroot Defender was deactivated.

ossie, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Wasn't defender supposed to turn off by itself having Webroot?

1. Wasn't defender supposed to turn off by itself having Webroot? - Similar Threads - Wasn't defender supposed

2. Screentime turning turning itself off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screentime turning turning itself off: Hi I have screentime setup for my child and randomly the screen time keeps turning itselft off. Often i find why my child has gone over his limit and then when i go and check the usage i see that screen time limits are turned off. i know for a fact that he doens't have the...
  3. Windows Smartscreen Defender turning itself off!?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Smartscreen Defender turning itself off!?: I don't know if i have a extreme weak memory but im pretty sure the option in app & browser control about windows smartscreen defender checking apps and files not recognized by the web was on some moments ago and from nowhere it turned itself off, so i have to go and enable...
  4. Windows defender automatically turns itself off

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender automatically turns itself off: Hello, my store app crashed after updating apps and I couldn't fix it for a day, whenever i tried to re sign it using powershell it said my firewall was off, I checked to see that no matter what I did, I couldn't turn it on so I decided to reset my pc, but after a couple of...
  5. Defender turned itself off

Defender turned itself off: Split from this thread. Windows defender for windows 8.1 has turned off on my computer and I can not figure out how to turn it back on? It all started when Windows defender showed red then switched to turned off....
  6. Windows Defender is off because off an existing AV program. I'm supposed to turn off this...

Windows Defender is off because off an existing AV program. I'm supposed to turn off this...: Windows Defender is off because off an existing AV program. I'm supposed to turn off this existing program. Where do i find this program? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-is-off-because-off-an-existing-av/fee36eda-8e70-4291-b0c9-5548c9872c5d
  7. Windows Defender Keeps Turning Itself Off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Defender Keeps Turning Itself Off: I have to turn Windows Defender back on every day. Can someone tell me how to fix this problem? I have Windows 10 (automatically updated) and no other virus protection software installed....
  8. Webroot v Defender

Webroot v Defender: As a condition of a discount deal with Best Buy I received Webroot. Now BB continually bugs me to download the software. I currently use MS Defender. Is Webroot better than Defender? If I do download Webroot but do want to use it how do I delete it before it replaces...
  9. Will Windows Defender turn itself on

Will Windows Defender turn itself on: My laptop has Norton anti virus which expires in 2 weeks and I plan on using Windows Defender. OS is Windows 10- will Windows Defender turn on automatically when Norton expires or will I have to turn it on. If so how is Defender turned on. 56835
  10. Windows Defender inexplicitly turns itself off

Windows Defender inexplicitly turns itself off: Windows Defemder will intermittently fail to start after my HP laptop awakes from sleep mode. This does not occur every time. When it does occur, I get a message that Windows Defender is turned off and I need to turn it on again. When I attempt to turn it on, it eventually...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my best buy hp laptop was supposed to come with webroot

2. Do i have to turn windows defender off to install Webroot antivirus