Windows 10: Wasted space in Start menu under most used programs

Discus and support Wasted space in Start menu under most used programs in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The screenshot shows a few lines of space underneath "Get started" in the list of "most used" programs. I'd like this space to be utilised by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by THX1138, Nov 10, 2015.

1. THX1138 Win User

Wasted space in Start menu under most used programs

The screenshot shows a few lines of space underneath "Get started" in the list of "most used" programs. I'd like this space to be utilised by increasing the list to, say, nine items. Is that possible?

Wasted space in Start menu under most used programs [​IMG]

:)

THX1138, Nov 10, 2015

2. Wasted space in start menu

Hi John, the info at the bottom of this reply will most likely be of the greatest interest to you.

Below are a couple of snapshots showing how that works now. I like it this way but I do understand.

Also you can right click the start button, you will then have this list of shortcut selections:

Additionally, we now have some control as to what appears in the left pain of the start menu, these settings can be found here: All Settings>Personalization>Start>at the bottom of that page click on "Choose which folders appear on start".

Here is a link to a page illustrating the settings and features changes in the WAU:

[Review] What's New in Windows 10 Anniversary Update - AskVG

I hope this info helps.

Cheers.

RichardEiler, Nov 10, 2015
  3. Wasted space in start menu

Technically, no way to achieve that.

Please file your concerns through feedback hub.

Even if you try to downgrade to previous version, windows would auto update back you to newer version in few days.

Sumit Dhiman2, Nov 10, 2015
  4. Edwin New Member

@ THX1138:
    I don't think you can.
    BTW: You should replace your screenshot with the sensitive info blurred out!

Edwin, Nov 10, 2015
Thema:

1. Wasted space in Start menu under most used programs - Similar Threads - Wasted space Start

2. Most used apps disappeared from Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Most used apps disappeared from Start Menu: Today I noticed that "most used apps" no longer appeared in my Start Menu. I toggled the three bars in the upper right corner, but they did not appear. Then I checked Settings-Personalization-Start to make sure that "most used apps" were still enabled. They are. My Win 10 is...
  3. Start Menu pop-unders

Start Menu pop-unders: Whenever I launch any Store-based application or Settings from the Start Menu, the application opens underneath all open windows and the Start Menu does not close. Win32 applications work normally: the Start Menu closes and the application opens on top of all windows....
  4. Reset Start Menu Most Used Apps In Windows 10

Reset Start Menu Most Used Apps In Windows 10: Hi, I have finally found a simple way to reset Start menu Most Used Apps in Windows 10. To reset it please follow these steps: Open Start menu > Launch Settings app >Privacy >General >Disable (Allow Windows to track app launches to improve Start and search results)>...
  5. Start Menu - Set Number of Most Recent Programs ?

Start Menu - Set Number of Most Recent Programs ?: Is the Start Menu's list of Most Recent Programs hard-set at only 6? Or, can I alter this somewhere? Thanks 47637
  6. Is it possible to add apps to "Most Used" in the Start menu?

Is it possible to add apps to "Most Used" in the Start menu?: If so, could someone please show me how to do it? I removed a couple of apps from there and they either get replaced by a random program or disappear. 14935
  7. "Most used" list (in Start Menu) is problematic

"Most used" list (in Start Menu) is problematic: 1) I use Word much more often than others in the list. Why is it not displaying? 2) Can I add to the number of apps which are displayed? 39357
  8. Start Menu Most Used - App Stuck & Won't Remove :/

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Most Used - App Stuck & Won't Remove :/: Hello all, Using Windows 10 v1511. I have recently uninstalled an app by right-clicking on the start menu and selecting Uninstall. However, the tile (albeit a blank one) is stuck in the Most Used list in the Start Menu. No matter how many times I right-click on it and...
  9. How to get an item added to Most Used on Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get an item added to Most Used on Start Menu: I have opened the Paint program add least 100 times in the past two days. It has never been added to the Most Used area of the Start Menu. What do I need to do to get Paint to show in Most Used on the Start Menu? 14565
  10. Programs Used List in Start Menue

in Windows 10 Support
    Programs Used List in Start Menue: How do a get a program that I use quite often to get on the "Most Used Programs List". I realize that I probably have to use it more for it to appear on the list. But I want to know if I can get it there even though the program is not used as often as the others. TIA...