Windows 10: Turn On or Off Allow VPN while Roaming in Windows 10

Discus and support Turn On or Off Allow VPN while Roaming in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Allow VPN while Roaming in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Allow VPN while Roaming in Windows 10 [img] Information... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Aug 28, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Turn On or Off Allow VPN while Roaming in Windows 10

How to: Turn On or Off Allow VPN while Roaming in Windows 10

How to Turn On or Off Allow VPN while Roaming in Windows 10

Turn On or Off Allow VPN while Roaming in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information Whether it's for work or personal use, you can connect to a VPN (virtual private network) on your Windows 10 PC. A VPN connection can help provide a more secure connection to your network and the Internet.

A virtual private network (VPN) allows you to connect to the internet via a server run by a VPN provider. A VPN extends a private network across a public network, and enables users to send and receive data across shared or public networks as if their computing devices were directly connected to the private network. ("In the simplest terms, it creates a secure, encrypted connection, which can be thought of as a tunnel, between your computer and a server operated by the VPN service." Applications running across the VPN may therefore benefit from the functionality, security, and management of the private network.

For more information about a VPN, see:
    This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off allowing VPN (virtual private network) while roaming for all users in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Turn On or Off Allow VPN while Roaming in Settings
    • Option Two: To Turn On or Off Allow VPN while Roaming using a REG file

OPTION ONE [/i] To Turn On or Off Allow VPN while Roaming in Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Network & Internet icon.

2. Click/tap on VPN on the left side, and turn On (default) or Off Allow VPN while roaming under Advanced Options on the right side for what you want. (see screenshot below)

3. When finished, you can close Settings if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Turn On or Off Allow VPN while Roaming using a REG file

Note You must be signed in as an administrator to do this option.

The .reg files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\RasMan\Parameters\Config\VpnCostedNetworkSettin gs

NoRoamingNetwork DWORD

0 = On
    1 = Off

1. Do step 2 (on) or step 3 (off) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Turn On Allow VPN while Roaming
    NOTE: This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_ON_Allow_VPN_while_roaming.reg

Download

3. To Turn Off Allow VPN while Roaming
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_OFF_Allow_VPN_while_roaming.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. If prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. Restart the computer to apply.

8. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Aug 28, 2017
  2. Knoxx29 Win User

Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Hi everyone.
    I am not an expert about Vpn and that's why I would like to know if someone could list me a few trusted Vpns, I would really appreciate any suggestion/ advice.

Thanks.

Knoxx29, Oct 26, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Tired of Germany blocking many youtube videos? *Big Grin Turn On or Off Allow VPN while Roaming in Windows 10 :D

P4-630, Oct 26, 2019
  4. JanetXZ Win User

Turning VPN On or Off

Hi Erik

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I'm referring to the 'On' switches to allow VPN over metered Networks/Roaming. I have fibre optic broadband etc. and not the metered dial up paid per minute etc. option and can't see any reason why I would need to use it and I don't have anything in
    the 'add a VPN connection' so I presume I can turn the Advanced Options allowing VPN over metered networks and roaming to 'Off' to make my laptop more secure and safe?

JanetXZ, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Vincet384 Win User
    Turn off VPN over meter networks, VPN while roaming the switches won't turn off

For some reason the VPN over metered networks and the VPN while roaming settings will not deactivate. I turn them off switch to another area and come back and there turn back on again. Is there anyway to deactivate them permanently using the registry.

Vincet384, Oct 26, 2019
  6. LucasReti Win User
    VPN

in settings on my laptop I see allow VPN over metered networks and allow VPN while roaming. what does this mean? I can turn them on or off , currently they came while on selected.

LucasReti, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Turn On or Off Allow VPN while Roaming in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off Allow

2. Allow Pc to turn off while watching video while on battery and after 3hr of inactivity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Allow Pc to turn off while watching video while on battery and after 3hr of inactivity: Pretty much the title.Sometimes i use my pc to watch tv b4 i go to sleep and i wake up in the morning and the computer is dead.I want it to go to sleep after 3 hrs of inactivity any less will disrupt watching movies.Is there any native way to automatically enable this?...
  3. Allow Pc to turn off while watching video while on battery and after 3hr of inactivity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Allow Pc to turn off while watching video while on battery and after 3hr of inactivity: Pretty much the title.Sometimes i use my pc to watch tv b4 i go to sleep and i wake up in the morning and the computer is dead.I want it to go to sleep after 3 hrs of inactivity any less will disrupt watching movies.Is there any native way to automatically enable this?...
  4. How to allow VPN over metered connection and while roaming on your Windows 11 computer

in Windows 10 News
    How to allow VPN over metered connection and while roaming on your Windows 11 computer: [ATTACH]Windows 11 has overs to set a metered connection for your network. The purpose is to make sure that data isn’t overused especially for fixed data networks. However, this impacts connectivity to the VPN. The same happens while roaming. If you wish to allow VPN over...
  5. USB electricity turns off despite ticking off "allow computer to turn off this device to...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    USB electricity turns off despite ticking off "allow computer to turn off this device to...: When I turn off the computer, the power in the USB ports also turns off. I tried ticking off the boxes "allow computer to turn off this device to save power" of all my USB hubs via Device Manager, but this doesn't make any difference. It used to work until the last system...
  6. Windows 10 will not allow me to turn on/off camera settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 will not allow me to turn on/off camera settings: The camera/app permission switch is dimmed out (in the off position) and will not allow me to grant camera permission; Can anyone please help me to gain control of this setting. Thank you. 166952
  7. Windows turns itself off while updating

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows turns itself off while updating: Everytime I try to update my Windows it shuts itself down around 27%~48% and when I reboot it it reverts to the previous version so I'm never able to update my computer....
  8. Allow PC to turn off device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Allow PC to turn off device: Good day I am currently having an issue with USB and HID devices on a Del 5289 2 in 1 laptop... When I check the sleep states supported by the laptop it gives me S0 only but Windows 10 has this funny option which is ticked or turned on by default which is: "Allow the...
  9. Turn On or Off Allow Pen to Act as a Mouse in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Allow Pen to Act as a Mouse in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Allow Pen to Act as a Mouse in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Allow Pen to Act as a Mouse in Windows 10 If your Windows 10 device has a pen or another type of stylus, you can customize what your pen does and how it works with your PC....
  10. Turn On or Off Allow VPN over Metered Networks in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Allow VPN over Metered Networks in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Allow VPN over Metered Networks in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Allow VPN over Metered Networks in Windows 10 [img] Information Whether it's for work or personal use, you can connect to a VPN (virtual private network) on your Windows 10 PC....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Turn off VPN over meter networks VPN while roaming the switches wont turn off

2. allow vpn while roaming meaning

3. allow vpn while roaming gpo